The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Star Wars Challenge! (sporecast is up) **NEW CONTEST! LUKE SKYWALKER**  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Knight7770

MouthBreather

Credit to rupertlittlebear for the original idea

I saw a thread a few months ago challenging people to create things from movies in creators other than what the things were. So, in that vein, I am going to challenge you to create things from Star Wars in strange creators. Every week or so, I will post a thing from Star Wars and the creator it has to be made in. Once there are enough contestants, I will post the poll, and the winner will receive a place in the corresponding Sporecast, hopefully along with comments and good ratings for winning.

Rules:
  • The creation must resemble the current thing that is posted

• It must be made in the given creator (creature, house, vehicle, spaceship)

• It must be totally original

• The creation must be tagged with starwarschallenge and the name of the creation in lower case, e.g. y-wing or tie fighter, so a tag might look like this: starwarschallengey-wing

• It cannot be based on a creature you have made before

• It cannot be a creature you have made before the contest was announced

• It cannot have parts from the C&C expansion pack, as I don't have it

• Only 1 submission per contest per person (you can only submit one creation to any one contest)

• Award(s):
  • The 1st place winner will be awarded my own, personal version of the challenge creation (so if the challenge is to make an X-Wing, the winner will be awarded my version of an X-Wing creation). Expect it to be cartoony

• I cannot guarantee this, but hopefully all of the contestants will be good sports and comment and rate up the winning creature

• If there are more than 10 contestants for any one contest, I will create an additional, less detailed award of a random thing from Star Wars will be awarded to the second place winner.

• Current Challenge:
    Luke Skywalker in the Entertainment creator

This contest ends on December 28, 2008

Good luck

Current Contestants:
    clever_name81:
    Luke Skywalker's Party Place

The sporecast: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=st-sc%3Assc-500212241091

Previous Winners:

hoogiemonster's Y-Wing

This message was edited 23 times. Last update was at 12/23/2008 17:02:52

Click the above picture
    My profile!!
    STAR WARS CONTEST!
    zanzibar196

MouthBreather

Too bad the contest was not for an A-wing carrier made in the spaceship creator...

(Click the space ship for my spore page)
    [WWW] [Yahoo!]
    Knight7770

MouthBreather

The whole point is that you can't make it in the traditional creator. Please don't link to things that aren't related here.

Click the above picture
    My profile!!
    STAR WARS CONTEST!
    zanzibar196

MouthBreather

....but.... but.... it *is* a star wars creation.... just not the one you asked for!!

[WWW] [Yahoo!]
    Knight7770

MouthBreather

zanzibar196 wrote:....but.... but.... it *is* a star wars creation.... just not the one you asked for!!

Is there a reason you're not taking me seriously...?

Click the above picture
    My profile!!
    STAR WARS CONTEST!
    zanzibar196

MouthBreather

Do I have to?? I really don't want to... don't make me... quick!! Look over there... it's a dancing ape on a ladder!!

...and if you do it again, I will have no choice other then to throw a dancing banana man at you!!

[WWW] [Yahoo!]
    M5000

Civilized Sporeon

...While none of that is relevant to the contest... ....Here is your first entry. Perfect down to the last detail! The topside ion cannon, the exposed body, the open jets, it's all here! (The angle's kinda bad so you should download it to see it correctly, it makes the back jets short.)

Its name is "Y-Wing Contest Entry" And now, I'm going to go make one in the space creator, that I will not submit, I just want to run ito the Y-Wing Contest Entry Empire on Space Stage XD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/17/2008 03:25:48

|My Spore Page||!!How to get more subscribers!!||My Tumblr|

If you're a microbe post-maker and you have zero stars, make a relatively intelligent post and I'll give it a five star. I love seeing people's overall ratings go up cause of me. ^_^
    I see you.
    [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
    Knight7770

MouthBreather

Wow! That is...amazing!!
    It would be really great if you could tag it with starwarscontest-ywing, so I can easily find it when I need to. Also, provide a link to your astounding creature
    Added to the sporecast (link is in the OP)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/17/2008 03:33:30

Click the above picture
    My profile!!
    STAR WARS CONTEST!
    zadjii

Multicellular

Oh yes, i winzorz. here it is:
    http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-zadjii|2263020324%3Asast-500212239943

The cockpit is a little off, but otherwise....

You guys have been great at helping my dragons, but they need you now more than ever! FEED THEM YOUR CLICKS!
    CAN I HAZ TEH CLICKZOREZ???
    I love dragons.
    w00t I got a seasonal one!
    M5000

Civilized Sporeon

Here, I uploaded it, but its kinda unchanged since a lot of the complexity was used up in creature stage. I just added some eyebot pieces and a pair of connector plates to the back to give the more exposed-body feel to it.

The Current tags are (here they are AS I TYPED them in the tag section y-wing contest entry, knight7770, m5000,

a link is here: http://ll-241.ea.com/spore/static/image/500/212/241/500212241754_lrg.png

and a preview image here:

If you're a microbe post-maker and you have zero stars, make a relatively intelligent post and I'll give it a five star. I love seeing people's overall ratings go up cause of me. ^_^
    I see you.
    Knight7770

MouthBreather

zadjii wrote:Oh yes, i winzorz. here it is:
    http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-zadjii|2263020324%3Asast-500212239943

The cockpit is a little off, but otherwise....

Nice work there

Click the above picture
    My profile!!
    STAR WARS CONTEST!
    M5000

Civilized Sporeon

Oh teh noes! I can has competition!!

I see you.
    Knight7770

MouthBreather

M5000 wrote:Oh teh noes! I can has competition!!

Competition makes it more exciting (for me, at least). Even if I could enter, I probably couldn't beat you guys

NOTE: The first contest ends on the 23rd, the exact time being whenever I post the poll. This information has been added to the first post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/17/2008 21:22:23

Click the above picture
    My profile!!
    STAR WARS CONTEST!
    spaz115

Multicellular

I'll make one too!

Karl-EL wrote:If I'm an omnipotent, galactic god, why do I have to still do shuttle spice deliveries and run errands for other empires? I want to be able to create massive armadas for interstellar conquest or participate in galactic diplomacy or develop new technologies or take part in espionage and sabatoge. I want MOO2 in a world based on procedural calculations. I want how I design my creatures and vehicles to affect how they interact with the world. I want how I cause my creations to interact with the world to affect how others interact with me. I want Black and White in a giant sand box universe. I want Empire Earth with Spore's Creature Creator. I want Homeworld space battles. I want Total War land battles in all stages of the game. I want to be able to land troops on an enemy planet and engage in massive campaigns to conquer new worlds. I want the creature phase to act like it did in the 2005 demo!

if you think Spore could be much better, support the CAMPAIGN TO MAKE SPORE BETTER!
    an open compilation of player´s suggestions to make Spore as great as it can be with a Spore SuperPack!
    [WWW]
    Knight7770

MouthBreather

spaz115 wrote:I'll make one too!

Awesome

Click the above picture
    My profile!!
    STAR WARS CONTEST!

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
    Go to: