The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
The Great Guild!! --Monster Hunter Monster Contest-- **Contest closed, Still accepting Judges**  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
SapphireFlame

MouthBreather

A Monster Hunter adventure? If you ask me, this is a terrible idea. GA simply cannot support that kind of game play. However, I'll be right behind you every step of the way. This is a bad idea that I'm winning to support.

Btw two of my entrees are posed creations. I made copies of them just in case they would be needed. Just ask and I can share the non posed creatures.
grindstone

Civilized Sporeon

May enter now that internet's back.

AJD23

Microbe

2013 A.S.G Boat Expedition Arctic iceberg. The A.S.G expedition teams founds only 5 dead orca's and got nothing for the blumhiog related evidences, they decide to blame it on the Arctic Bullhead Sea-Lion, as the team about to leave.

Suddenly a massive 4 large spikes appears from the fog, moving closely and hits one of the expedition boat and destroy it.

The High-tech WFaC camera photographed the accident and founded the evidence in 2015 Investigation, but the monster never shows up since the tragedy and the monster remains mystery.
CREDIT TO FIRENREX FOR THE ORCA

Order: Draco
Suborder: Orcadraciforme
Family: Cetusidae
Genus: Cetusidus
Species: HYBIRD

The Blumhiog (Leviathan)

Description: Although the Blumhiog is still a mystery, if you faces him, all Medieval/Tribal weapons can’t kill him but a modern Warfare weapons such as Guided bomb due to Blumhiog excellent speed and for neutralizing the 4 giant horns, and most importantly Heavy Torpedos in order to hit his body, Blumhiog attacks unlike other Sea-orcs, he can see the ships hull a miles away below the surface, he target the ships from the side and hit it with his massive 4 horns, splitting the ships in half, his favorite rival is Cruiser, Battleship, and Submarines, perfect ships and hard rival for him is Light Destroyer full with HT without cannons and Torpedo boats, for a pack-a-punch the fleets need to includes about 10 Torpedo Boats and 1-2 Destroyer, best strategy to kill him is don’t try to keep the formation when the 4 horns is about a miles away, if he’s close enough, prepare to break formation and surrounds him with TB firing the torpedos for a nice distraction and the Destroyer NEED to circle him and fires a massive number of HT.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/05/2012 08:57:36

[WWW]
grindstone

Civilized Sporeon

making leviathan, pelagus, and flying wyvern fo shure

Daysleeper9876

Multicellular

Finally finished with mine! I have a Lynian, a Pelagus, and a Hunter for the bonus challenge.

Name: Lapine
Class: Lynian

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Daysleeper9876|500657560859%3Asast-500835349966

Description: Hailing from the frozen tundra, these Lynians are agile and intelligent. They are closely related to arctic hares, thus their snowy coloration. Although they are most suited to cold climates, they can survive in most areas, except for the harsh desert. They favor light weapons, rather than heavy greatswords or axes that slow them down.

Name: Vendren
Class: Pelagus

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Daysleeper9876|500657560859%3Asast-500835347255

Description: These oversized bats are commonly found in the caves of snowy regions. When hanging from the ceiling, they are nearly indistinguishable from the icicles that are always found in icy caves. Lapines often hunt them for their hard, icy wings that can be shaped into weapons.

Name: Lapine Hunter
Class: Monster Hunter

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Daysleeper9876|500657560859%3Asast-500835347260

Description: This Lapine has slain a Vendren and created armor with the beast's body. The durable, ice-coated wings have become deadly slicing blades. The Vendren's head adorns the Lapine Hunter as a helmet. Also, the armor allows for ease of movement, but still offers much protection.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/05/2012 03:24:23

mtsloud

Civilized Sporeon

More. I hope you dont mind that not all of my entries were especially made for this contest:

The first is a pelagus. The last two are elder dragons. The second I am undecided. it looks like a wyvern but has feathers, so I don't have to enter it if I cant.

The pelagus has a description on the creation.

EDIT: New herbivore:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/05/2012 05:04:28

NewEntity

Multicellular

Got one piece of feed back on my trial, they wanted some way of switching between Lynians, so I started to figure out how to get this to work.

Option 1: is that you socialize with them and only have 1 slot for them to follow you. This however only works if your hunter has good socialization skills. Mine failed as he didn't have any charm :/. Could make a locked captain who then has maxed out on all social skills.

Option 2: the Lynian follows an item that you can pick up, this means having a different item for each one, but this means you can take more than one lynian with you depending on how many hands you have. Also you have to throw the item down every time you want to fight and pick it up after.

Option 3: there is one item. You give it to the Lynian of choice to make them follow you. Only downside is they throw the item when they start to fight and you need to pick it up after again.

Also since there are different themes for different areas. There could be an adventure based on each place and a different Lynian for each one as we have My Lynian for deserts, The Chameleon for the forest, the winter hare for the tundra, the Frog for the swamp etc.

Also
Herbivore
Sea Horse

Capreceon
Argorus

The Argorus are lobster like cretures. They don't use their legs much and tend to swim. Usually they are about the size of a hermituar and are only an annoyance to hunters. But leave them to age and they can rival a Ceadeus in size.

Herculean Argorus

This is an Argorus that has lived for hundreds or thousands of years. It has grown so lareg that it can no longer swim and instead walks on it's legs. It poses a great threat to hunters.

Lynian
Arull

Wild Arull, these creatures make thier armor and weapons from bones or whatever items are droped by hunters. They take gords full of water with them when they go to the surface so that they can keep themselves damp.

Hunter
Guild Arull

When Lynians join the guild they are usually given a set of armour and weapons to use. The Arull however prefer to use weapons that they craft themselves. They still take the armor and hunting dagger though.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 04/05/2012 13:48:07

SapphireFlame

MouthBreather

Entity, there is a fourth option. You can lock a crew member just the same way you lock a captain. Make only one slot and lock the Lynian of your choice. Also, I would prefer that you make it a locked captain adventure anyways.
Link1299

MouthBreather

OP updated, great job guys, last day, might want to get them in while you still can

If there is anyone else still instrested in judging, I will be accepting judgest till the either the 10th or 15th at the latest. Otherwise, today's the last day for entries, so get them in while you still can

Check out my new contest: The Monster Hunter Contest---------vv Click tag for My Sporepage vv

[Email] [WWW]
NewEntity

Multicellular

SapphireFlame wrote:Entity, there is a fourth option. You can lock a crew member just the same way you lock a captain. Make only one slot and lock the Lynian of your choice. Also, I would prefer that you make it a locked captain adventure anyways.

The point is that the Lynian can change through out the adventure, so having it locked wouldn't work. Check out the trial and you will see what I mean.

God-mod

Civilized Sporeon

Off exploring the cosmos while everyone thinks I'm reading in my room with the door locked.

Type: Elder dragon
Name: Carnodrosera X pulchera seedling

Type: Flying Wyvern
Name: Flying drosera parodoxa seedling (credit to russwallac for floating body part which was deleted because this is not a flying creature)

Type: Bird Wyvern
Name: Drogon seedling

Type: Lynian
Name: voxorin male

Name: voxorin female alternate

Name: voxorin baby (shrink it down to baby size to see how it should look in-game)

Type: Flying Wyvern
Name: Flying drosera parodoxia (credit to russwallac for floating body part -which was deleted so you could see the creature)

Type: elder dragon
Name: Carnodrosera X pulchera

and i think that's it. (i MAY have one more coming but probably not)

-and are you still in need of another judge?

AJD23

Microbe

Golden Bulkhead Drake (Fanged Wyvern)
DESCIPTION:(Drakus Chrysomus) is a species of bulkhead drake native to the amazon rainforest in south america, GBD are territorial and always chase their prey with slow speed and will ram them to death, they prefer larger prey that will fight back such as Wyvern.

African Ace Scarkich (Bird Wyvern)
DESCRIPTION:(Ouranoasso Scarkichtis) is a species of Ace scarkich, they have the same habitat of jazuku and a close relatives, Ace scarkich can stay on the air much longer than the Savannah scarkich.

[WWW]
Daysleeper9876

Multicellular

NewEntity wrote:
SapphireFlame wrote:Entity, there is a fourth option. You can lock a crew member just the same way you lock a captain. Make only one slot and lock the Lynian of your choice. Also, I would prefer that you make it a locked captain adventure anyways.

The point is that the Lynian can change through out the adventure, so having it locked wouldn't work. Check out the trial and you will see what I mean.

As a fifth option, you could make it so a monster drops an item, you give it to the Lynian, and the Lynian takes it through a teleporter that brings it to a group of armored versions. Then, the corresponding armored version is programmed to leave the area and go to you when it sees the item.

P.S. I fully support you in your attempts for this adventure, so I'll try to help with monsters and props if I can.

EDIT: Also, I may make an adventure of the option I described so you have something for reference.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/05/2012 23:01:54

SapphireFlame

MouthBreather

SapphireFlame wrote:

Entity, there is a fourth option. You can lock a crew member just the same way you lock a captain. Make only one slot and lock the Lynian of your choice. Also, I would prefer that you make it a locked captain adventure anyways.

NewEntity wrote:

I checked of your adventure and your right. My idea would only work best if your planning on devoting the entire adventure to slay one monster. If you ask me, that's exactly what I think you should do. Make a series, each adventure you can change the weapons and armor of both the locked captain and the locked Lynian.
Link1299

MouthBreather

Contest closed, any submissions after this post will not be accpeted

Check out my new contest: The Monster Hunter Contest---------vv Click tag for My Sporepage vv

[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: