The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Awareness and buildings (update 8/2 see p9)  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
DVDMaster

Civilized Sporeon

Jalines wrote:
I, too, very soon found that creatures have a stupidly large amount of trouble navigating over buildings. The solution I have found works quite well (but only on the planet's surface) is to use "plaza" areas from the terraform tab to create a seemingly non-dirt ground area, my favorite being Tech Plaza. I found this to be the only way to have my NPC Runlar character move even close to where he was supposed to go in my nearly-complete "Base Command" adventure, since he had to take a turn. While using buildings for the floor, he would often move about 3/4 of the way to the turn in the corridor, stop for a moment, then turn and walk straight into the wall.

See http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/38532.page
for information about path finding and buildings.

Short answer -- NPC walk around buildings but over disguised gates, but won't walk over disguised gates if they won't walk over what is under the disguised gate.

[WWW]
GroxLord999

Civilized Sporeon

Okay I only read the first page so forgive me if I ask something that has already been asked.

Okay I know this doens't have anything to do with awarness and buildings but how do you get the advance setup? Im new to GA and when I make an adventure on the character behavior it goes from peaceful to aggressive. I looked at Maxis made adventures and their's goes all the way to advanced. How do I get advanced? and how do you change the size of a creature or object? I wanna make an epic but cant figure out how.

This account is inactive. All active posts fall under the username of DarkLord979.
[WWW]
GroxLord999

Civilized Sporeon

Ignore my last post. I figured it out now.

This account is inactive. All active posts fall under the username of DarkLord979.
[WWW]
Pat1196

Multicellular

The Adventure-Creator/ TuckerZombies: Map 8

Lol. I've figured all of this out through experience with GA and I'm glad that someone else has noticed it as well! This is the most important aspect of my TuckerZombies series, because if the hoards of zombies lose their AI and allow the captain to camp in a corner and shoot, what is the point of the adventure?

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: