The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Author's Spaceship Challenge ~CLOSED!~  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
shunkerbelle

Multicellular

First of all, love the ship. Second, try using the adventure editor if you have GA. It's ok if you can't make a background since its optional

[WWW]
Gonzalo218

Microbe

image hosting private

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Gonzalo218

Microbe

Looks a bit more human this time, right?

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Paxnfacto

Multicellular

Mavor wrote:I'm not very good at making vehicles, but I'll at least get the ball rolling.
Behold the UGS Horseman. A Planet bombardment class dreadnought. Although armed with the customary anti-ship and anti fighter armaments, this ships most powerful weapon is the meteoric rail gun. Taking advantage of the asteroid belts in most systems, the UGS Horseman uses powerful tractor beams to lock on to meteors and drag them toward the ship. They are then positioned to pass through the accelerator ring pointed at a target. While usually using football stadium sized object to hurl at a planet, the UGS Horseman can also use it's accelerator ring on masses of smaller refrigerator sized objects. This can have a devastating shotgun effect on incoming armadas or fighter squadrons. The smaller the object, the faster the accelerator is able to fire it. Something the size of a compact car can be "fired" at several thousand miles per hour. However the largest objects may not be accelerated to even one thousand mph. Wise captains position the ship in an asteroid belt and fire on a planet or moon for several days, weeks or even months. They then engage their star drive to arrive at the target just as the first meteors begin to fall with additional rocks to fire on pin point locations.

Neat idea and ship.
Paxnfacto

Multicellular

Now this sound interesting! I always thought spore art could be used for more than a game. And author to author I am intrigued by this and will get on it after I post my next 2 GA's.

ps to your dad...i completely understand how he starts to write. I generally start with just and image and a first line and then just let the story develop from there. Its amazing how the book and characters can then almost write the book by themselves... we are just the typist. LOL

Ps to you: whats shunkerbelle mean, I've been trying to conceive of a effigy for you in my great creators of spore spore cast, but can come up with anything to match the name! Especially since i found out it was not Skunkerbell I had a good one for that LOL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/07/2017 03:50:43

Paxnfacto

Multicellular

Gonzalo218 wrote:

image hosting private

I like this one better , especially because of the back end view which is important here. Power to the rear this time guys!
shunkerbelle

Multicellular

I've updated the OP guys

[WWW]
Paxnfacto

Multicellular

Okay here is my first entry. Totally made in spore and GA.
I made the scenes by making a cratered red planet in GA, then turned the ship into a disguised game play object so I could resize it and lift and turn it as desired. I then placed it on the planet with the moon, remembering that I was going to turn the screen shot sideways to get a “more open space feeling” (you can’t get to the side of the planet in the ga editor) So I tilted the ship sideways too, then took a screen shot in the editor, ( you won’t be able to reach high enough to get this screen shot in test mode)

The second image is an example book cover to get people thinking about some of the extra requirements of a book cover so they could design the scene with that in mind. I used really freaky text just to show where the title and other info is probably going to go

Hope this helps!

The ship
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501052165099

Screen shot without titles

Screen shot with titles

shunkerbelle

Multicellular

Looks like i'll be closing the contest off seeing as i haven't had another entry in 20 flipping days. The current entries will be judged tonight

[WWW]
julius2401

Microbe

Closed?I wish I would've seen this contest earlier.I would've submitted something

Gabrieletheman00

Multicellular

shunkerbelle wrote:
Apologies for the large pic (again)

Let's get straight to the point, my Dad is an author and he needs help. For his next book, he wants to create a book cover containing an interesting space scene. He already has the background done but he doesn't know what to do about the spaceship(s). (I'll try to get the background he made here when i have time)
This is where you guys come in. Design a custom spaceship that will fit the set, simple as that.

The spaceship(s):
~Must be an original creation
~Needs to look futuristic
~needs to look like it was man-made. Avoid making Alien-like ships
~needs to look realistic
~Has to be your own creation. Don't steal other spaceships and don't replicate ships from films like Star Wars or Star trek

The spaceship, when placed, will be heading towards the horizon (or other ships, as seen in the poster above) so try to focus the detail on the back.
You are only allowed to use the vehicle editors (but I'll allow the building editor if you want to make it more challenging )

Bonus points will be awarded if:
~You provide a nice description
~you make your own space scene with your ship(s)

You are allowed up to 3 entries
The ships will be judged by me and my Dad
The challenge ends 27th September so you have plenty of time to make your ships

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be 3 winners, thats right, 3, but only one will have the chance to be featured on my Dad's book.

The other two winners will be rewarded with a special trophy and a creation of their choice.

2nd and 3rd place will receive a subscription by me and maybe even a nomination in the creator's choice features (hosted by Midnight1999). if you've already been featured then i'll give you a megabuild egg each, free of charge.

All participants will have their ships featured in an upcoming exhibition planet adventure.

Have Fun!

!Update!

ok so dad had a bit of a mess around in photoshop and this is the result. This isn't the final product, don't panic. its just something that will give you more ideas on what he wants so:
~The book is called "Martian Paradox" meaning the ship needs to be based on Mars
~You are allowed to make alien ships
~Try to base your scenes on Mars if you can or orbiting it
~Don't worry, the eight entries I currently have are still accepted (as well as the scenes if you made one)

I hope I get more entries. If I don't before the deadline, then i'll extend the date (To be honest the deadline is on my 18th birthday so i may be too busy to vote the entries)

I had done gifts and tributes for you on Spore

Olá a todos! Eu sou GabrieleTheMan!

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: