The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Can't get Creepy and Cute since recent update [Updated with workaround - Oct 17]  XML
Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
arthrfrts

Microbe

Thanks! Let us know any update.

[WWW]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

arthrfrts wrote:Thanks! Let us know any update.

Apologies. Bazajaytee has not replied to my direct message yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/03/2017 22:29:13

[WWW]
arthrfrts

Microbe

Let's hope that they will eventually responds to your DM.

[WWW]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Bazajaytee has still not replied, sorry.

I'm going to try and suggest a risky, but perhaps a solution for C&C on Mac.

If you have the retail C&C version for Mac, try installing it. Theoretically, you should be able to use it, and if this works, try and share anything C&C related.

If anyone can test this, we can add it as a temporary solution, at least for those who have the old retail versions of C&C.

[WWW]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

C&C just adds one package file to the game, containing the extra parts. The file itself has not changed with the update, to my knowledge.

You can install C&C from DVD normally, and it should work fine. The DVD will put the file in the right spot, so it will install and work.

If that does not work, or you don't have a DVD, you can try manually copying the file (if you can download the game onto a Windows PC).
On Windows the file is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\BP1Data\BoosterPack_01.package

On Mac the file needs to be in one of these folders (I don't have a Mac to test it out myself, try them one at a time):
Default path for new Origin version: /Applications/SPORE/Spore.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Spore/BP1Data
Installing C&C as a mod for Spore: /Applications/SPORE/Spore.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Spore/Data
DVD install path: /Applications/SPORE/Spore.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/SPORE_BP1/Data

Note that where it shows the file in Spore.app, that is inside the Spore application. I believe you right-click the Spore app icon and "show contents", or something like that)

Kyle N // SporeMaster DOGC_Kyle
Volunteer Moderator // Not an EA/Maxis Employee

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help) // Spore Registration FAQ // Game Update FAQ

I can be contacted by email at: KyleN @live .ca or on Discord

Also find me on places listed here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/87506.page
[WWW]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:C&C just adds one package file to the game, containing the extra parts. The file itself has not changed with the update, to my knowledge.

You can install C&C from DVD normally, and it should work fine. The DVD will put the file in the right spot, so it will install and work.

If that does not work, or you don't have a DVD, you can try manually copying the file (if you can download the game onto a Windows PC).
On Windows the file is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\BP1Data\BoosterPack_01.package

On Mac the file needs to be in one of these folders (I don't have a Mac to test it out myself, try them one at a time):
Default path for new Origin version: /Applications/SPORE/Spore.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Spore/BP1Data
Installing C&C as a mod for Spore: /Applications/SPORE/Spore.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Spore/Data
DVD install path: /Applications/SPORE/Spore.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/SPORE_BP1/Data

Note that where it shows the file in Spore.app, that is inside the Spore application. I believe you right-click the Spore app icon and "show contents", or something like that)

This should be added into the OP and ideally the Master Help thread.

[WWW]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

Going to add it here in the OP.
Looking at the Master Help thread in this section, looks like it badly needs an update, I'll get started on that tonight or tomorrow. I redid the main thread for the new update, so I'll probably do a similar update here.

I'm not 100% sure if the method I posted actually works (as mentioned, I don't have a Mac), but based on my knowledge of how Spore loads files, at least one of those paths should work.

If anyone can try it out, post back here with how it works out for you.

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help) // Spore Registration FAQ // Game Update FAQ

Also find me on places listed here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/87506.page
[WWW]
arthrfrts

Microbe

Yeah, I have the DVD. Sadly, my Mac doesn't have a disc drive…

I'll wait for the Origin update, I would only like to know if it will ever be updated.

Thanks for all the help!

P.S.: Yeah, you can just install the retail version normally, it works (it worked in my older Mac when I reinstalled it some months ago, before changing to this new hardware).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/24/2017 21:57:32

[WWW]
WyvernPerson7

Microbe

Okay, but I already bought creepy and cute. I'm not familiar with spore updates, so are they automatic? (I have it on origin)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/02/2017 15:37:17

WyvernPerson7

Microbe

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:C&C just adds one package file to the game, containing the extra parts. The file itself has not changed with the update, to my knowledge.

That sounds really risky. Any other ideas? I'm terrified to tamper with files after almost destroying spore while installing DI. Thank god only core spore got trashed, though I had to re-buy it.
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

As long as you add the one file only, and don't touch anything else, you should be fine.

If it doesn't work out, you can remove the BoosterPack file and it should revert back.

Even if you do make a mistake and modify anything else, you can always reinstall Spore without losing any saved data.

[WWW]
arthrfrts

Microbe

Unfortunately we do not have any update regarding this problem, but if you bought the game through Steam or GOG you can install it using PortingKit: http://portingkit.com/game/718

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
Go to: