The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

New Spore Clients Available  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
SapientSpeciesA

Civilized Sporeon

Are you able to have the "I lost my password" button moved farther away from the "Login" button? On mobile it's a minor inconvenience when you hit "I lost my password" and have to renter your password again.
[WWW]
Paxnfacto

Multicellular

okay I just did it! It took about 2hrs to download but I trusted in the programmers and kept it simple as possible.
I did backup my spore creations file and updated the Origin downloader first. I did not uninstall spore. I then logged into my account on Origin, selected Spore download, and waited.

End result I am now online sharing creations again, and the re-installation didn't even mess up my previous saved games! It all seems to be faster and feel smoother too...less hang time between screens.

Thank You Maxisbazajaytee and all the other programmers of Spore. EA, and Origin!
Arthelius-Ghost

Multicellular

Been waiting for hours, no help. Still waiting

The Zoo is closed due to a security issue. Will reopen at the earliest possible. Check your travel pass for updates.
[ICQ]
MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

Paxnfacto wrote:okay I just did it! It took about 2hrs to download but I trusted in the programmers and kept it simple as possible.
I did backup my spore creations file and updated the Origin downloader first. I did not uninstall spore. I then logged into my account on Origin, selected Spore download, and waited.

End result I am now online sharing creations again, and the re-installation didn't even mess up my previous saved games! It all seems to be faster and feel smoother too...less hang time between screens.

Thank You Maxisbazajaytee and all the other programmers of Spore. EA, and Origin!

Glad it worked so well and you are back in game.
The new Origin version is more versatile as well. Doesn't have the same SecuROM limitations on installs which need to be deauthed if you forgot to uninstall before re-imaging your PC etc.

SapientSpeciesA wrote:Are you able to have the "I lost my password" button moved farther away from the "Login" button? On mobile it's a minor inconvenience when you hit "I lost my password" and have to renter your password again.

Where are you seeing that? Forum login or Spore.com login page?

Arthelius-Ghost, I saw your PM and responded about your EA Help.

Eeveeminecraft

Multicellular

This patch broke the adventure creator and a mod I was using. Buildings get replaced for no good reason, my infinite adventure complexity mod is broken, and I can't work on my adventures properly now. Any reason to this?

MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

Mods sometimes work on where things reside in memory during runtime. Since the exe has been changed to update the encryption certificates to connect to the game servers, the mod doesn't know where to look anymore.

Unfortunately, this is one of the things I mentioned could happen in the main thread about this update last week, that mods might stop working

If you know the modder or how to get hold of them, they might be willing to update the mod to work with the new version of Spore.

Eeveeminecraft

Multicellular

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:Mods sometimes work on where things reside in memory during runtime. Since the exe has been changed to update the encryption certificates to connect to the game servers, the mod doesn't know where to look anymore.

Unfortunately, this is one of the things I mentioned could happen in the main thread about this update last week, that mods might stop working

If you know the modder or how to get hold of them, they might be willing to update the mod to work with the new version of Spore.

Well, great, just great. Well, I alerted the modder on his or her thread on the Davoonline forums, so I hope they fix it soon.

MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

Unfortunately, the update wasn't optional for us to push out either. The certificates that Spore did use expired yesterday so if we hadn't updated, it would have stopped working anyway and you wouldn't even be able to log into Spore. That is why it was optional to take the new version too and if you preferred mods over Sporepedia then you could have kept playing Spore offline. Also, once you take the new version there is no way to go back to the old one unless you have discs and backed up the patches.

I know it is a pain but hopefully, the modder will update their mod for you and you can get back to where you were at for years to come.

Sharples65

GalacticGod

To keep Spore's online functionality working, I'd say the pay-off for not having mods is pretty good.

[WWW]
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:Mods sometimes work on where things reside in memory during runtime. Since the exe has been changed to update the encryption certificates to connect to the game servers, the mod doesn't know where to look anymore.

Actually this isn't one of...those mods. I have another theory on why it isn't working: packagePriority.

bla bla bla, tl;dr:

FlarFloursX

Microbe

Okay so I have never used Origin before, I have only ever used the disc version. Does this mean I have to pay for Spore, GA, and C&C again? Also will I need to make a backup of all my creations so that they don't get deleted?
NathanielRD

Civilized Sporeon

What do the new clients and updates do, like what is their function? Do they change the gameplay in anyway or is it just fixing server bugs? And if it's the latter, what known bugs have been patched?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/2017 23:55:54

I'm Nathaniel, I'm fourteen and I live in Wisconsin. My activities here are mostly on the Open Thread but I do try to branch out.

Applepie59

Civilized Sporeon

NathanielRD wrote:What do the new clients and updates do, like what is their function? Do they change the gameplay in anyway or is it just fixing server bugs? And if it's the latter, what known bugs have been patched?

Security patches, mostly. No gameplay improvements or new features.

[WWW]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

FlarFloursX wrote:Okay so I have never used Origin before, I have only ever used the disc version. Does this mean I have to pay for Spore, GA, and C&C again? Also will I need to make a backup of all my creations so that they don't get deleted?

Backing-up your creations would be a good start. Especially if you a lot of unshared creations. Download Origin and go into the client. Login with your Spore e-mail and password from the Origin Client. Spore and GA should be there in your account. C&C is currently not available on Origin but they're working on it and we can hope for a release on that within this week. If you don't see Spore or GA in your Origin client, contact EA support to get that resolved. The EA advisor will usually ask for your CD Keys and your default Spore screen-name. They should be able to resolve it for you.

[WWW]
Eeveeminecraft

Multicellular

Okay, either GA is broken, or I don't have Core Spore, both are terrible. I tried launching normal Spore, but it locked all my GA creations, and then I launched GA which fixed the Core Spore problem, but just reverted it to the original problem. When I had the Core Spore issue, it fixed the mod, but it broke again when I kinda fixed GA.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: