The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

(Old) Open Thread Of 2017  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
Spode-an

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/02/2011 17:56:05
Messages: 3291
Location:
not the sporum

Offline

>mfw open thread now has even more rules
>mfw open thread now is rigid and logical, and not the chaotic yet homely and welcoming place it once was
>pic related

doom pls you're ruining the tradition of open threads

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/01/2016 01:59:58

SporeMasterxDoomsoulx

Multicellular

Joined: 01/20/2016 01:02:44
Messages: 461
Location:
AzkaBAN

Offline

Just a heads up, I have changed some of the wording around in the OP to make it slightly more understandable for users to work with when deciding what to post.

I would like to reinforce that these current rules are currently necessary but if the Sporum Community remains calm enough over time and posting remains relatively guideline-following then we can begin to discuss relaxing things over time. For now, we'll see how things will go and then decide from there.

NathanielRD wrote:So what? Blackbird's thread had both plus more and it stayed for 1228 freakin' pages!

The inherent issue is that once posts have been deleted from a thread, the page lag glitch almost always kicks in. Hopefully we can try and avoid any posts needing to be deleted with this thread and then we can avoid the issue.

NathanielRD

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 03/04/2015 15:19:03
Messages: 2570
Location:
Wisconsin

Offline

The older one was more welcoming and fun to post in. What's an open thread without madness? It's plan censorship!

I'm Nathaniel, I'm fourteen and I live in Wisconsin. My activities here are mostly on the Open Thread but I do try to branch out.

SporeMasterxDoomsoulx

Multicellular

Joined: 01/20/2016 01:02:44
Messages: 461
Location:
AzkaBAN

Offline

Spode-an wrote:
>mfw open thread now has even more rules
>mfw open thread now is rigid and logical, and not the chaotic yet homely and welcoming place it once was
>pic related

doom pls you're ruining the tradition of open threads

I remember being part of all of the previous Open Threads myself and it was great. What turns it into a not-so-great thread series is when the vast majority of reported forum posts also comes from the Open Thread itself, especially when some of the topics mentioned in the past thread have gone from extremities of drug-talk to death threats on a kids game forum.

The move back to Blackbird-like Open Thread rules when the Open Thread concept was introduced in 2011 is a response to try and get the community to try and exercise some caution when talking about their off-topic posts but also leaving enough manoeuvrability to let people have fun. The decision for this was made by us as a team of moderators and planned accordingly to recent and notable past events. If things in here remain stable for awhile then we can start relaxing rules again.

If you do have any concerns over the current guidelines though, feel free to message either myself or any of the other SM's.

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 08/05/2011 16:32:26
Messages: 2129
Location:
The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

Offline

NathanielRD wrote:The older one was more welcoming

I was honestly considering making the OP look scary and unwelcoming, 'don't break the rules or else'.
Thought that was going too far though.

Kyle N // SporeMaster DOGC_Kyle
Volunteer Moderator // Not an EA/Maxis Employee

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help) // Spore Registration FAQ // Game Update FAQ

I can be contacted by email at: KyleN @live .ca or on Discord

Also find me on places listed here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/87506.page
[WWW]
DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10253
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:
DarkMagickan wrote:While you're logged in...

If you were featured in an Adventure, hanging out with other Spore creators, what would you want the creature to look like?

Just like the one I have in my series.

Noted, thanks.

midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4991
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

Yay! New open thread. Though the old will be missed it will be very very nice to have no page lage. And no more sh*t posting lol. Thankies doomy.

Infernette

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 11/06/2009 01:42:10
Messages: 2717
Location:
Food is amazing.

Offline

I would also like the "keep art in the art thread" sturdy rule. Some people post wayyyyyy too big images sometimes here and in that thread.

Call me Q.
[WWW]
midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4991
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

Infernette wrote:I would also like the "keep art in the art thread" sturdy rule. Some people post wayyyyyy too big images sometimes here and in that thread.

Oh yes. Absolutely. That's a great idea. There's a reason for a separate thread for art my friends.. And your beautiful creations go there NOT HERE!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/01/2016 02:22:27

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6362
Location:
.__________.

Offline

Infernette wrote:I would also like the "keep art in the art thread" sturdy rule. Some people post wayyyyyy too big images sometimes here and in that thread.

Now you know why I started using clicky thumbnails.

midnight1999 wrote:
Infernette wrote:I would also like the "keep art in the art thread" sturdy rule. Some people post wayyyyyy too big images sometimes here and in that thread.

Oh yes. Absolutely. That's a great idea. There's a reason for a separate thread for art my friends.. And your beautiful creations go there NOT HERE!

Nowadays, I only post art here when it goes unnoticed on the actual Art thread ._.

midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4991
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

midnight1999 wrote:
Infernette wrote:I would also like the "keep art in the art thread" sturdy rule. Some people post wayyyyyy too big images sometimes here and in that thread.

Oh yes. Absolutely. That's a great idea. There's a reason for a separate thread for art my friends.. And your beautiful creations go there NOT HERE!

Nowadays, I only post art here when it goes unnoticed on the actual Art thread ._.

Maybe that means it needs improvement, or that people have seen it so many times that they don't care any more. :/

Squishy473

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 07/17/2015 23:57:30
Messages: 3399
Location:
in my basement, intensifying.

Offline

SissyGamer wrote:woo, nice and fresh start, thanks Doomsoul.

so.. anyone like bananas?
I hate bananas more then anything else on earth. lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/01/2016 02:38:57

Squishy473

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 07/17/2015 23:57:30
Messages: 3399
Location:
in my basement, intensifying.

Offline

what is even happening. what am I doing? how did this happen, I thought I clicked edit.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/01/2016 02:38:44

Sharples65

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11523
Location:
Where eggs are laid.

Offline

midnight1999 wrote:
Infernette wrote:I would also like the "keep art in the art thread" sturdy rule. Some people post wayyyyyy too big images sometimes here and in that thread.

Oh yes. Absolutely. That's a great idea. There's a reason for a separate thread for art my friends.. And your beautiful creations go there NOT HERE!

Nowadays, I only post art here when it goes unnoticed on the actual Art thread ._.

Maybe that means it needs improvement, or that people have seen it so many times that they don't care any more. :/

That we can agree on.

[WWW]
Squishy473

Civilized Sporeon