The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Sporenaissance: welcome in THE creator's lounge!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Ansje

Civilized Sporeon

@ Startravler999/davidcreator: Thanks for the compliments on the thread. Most of the 14 veterans you see mentioned in the OP know each other for a long time already and lots of them are personal friends of each other as well. It is Slarti's initiative to present ourselves as one group of hosts together to revive the Spore game. There is no access or membership needed, you can simply post here, please do

Little tip about logging on with the right Spore username: I have more screennames myself, to have the right one on the Sporum I have to add the username to my email addres that I use to log on. If I don't then I will automatically get the most recent username created. So for me it would be "myemailaddress.com:Ansje" or "myemailaddress.com:AnsjeDark" to give an example.

@ MjrGlory: okay now it was your turn to be the first to answer LOL

EDIT of November 23rd! As our second post soon will be changed in a new challenge for the Xmas period, I copy and paste the introduction banner and the original "avatar contest" details here, as kind of archive so all comments on the first pages of this topic still are "logic".

Archive copy Avatar2011 contest:
Create your avatar and add a funny description!

The challenge:

Create your avatar in any editor, add a funny description and post it on this Sporum topic.

The prize:

The best creation will be rewarded with a beautiful trophy created by Vektrix. Judgement will be based on creativity, originality and description.

Rules:
- creation must be new and must be your own, editing of a creation of yourself is permitted
- all editors and outfitters are allowed, but NO botparts please
- addDNA is allowed, but freedom is not
- this is a friendly contest, so no insulting of other players or their creations.
- entries must be posted before Saterday November 19th. 2011 at midnight EST
- entry limit: one creation only
- tag your entry with "avatar2011" (including the " " creations are found better then)
- do provide us a link to your creation if you post on the topic.

Tip for adding text in the description of your creation: it depends on the browser that you use. If you do not manage with FireFox or GoogleChrome (could be) then do try it with Windows Internet Explorer or another browser.

Entries will be added to this Sporecast:
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Ansje%7C2265476012%3Assc-500799621031

To inspire you we show you some of our own "Renaissance or historic" inspired avatars:

Building made by Andeavor

From left to right:

Count Arnaux d'Glorey IV of Wymar aka MjrGlory
Meet Count Arnaux d'Glorey IV of Wymar: landlord, city councilor, gentleman & part-time graffiti artist. Hobbies: pistol duels, midnight carriage street races, charming ladies and a good old game of laser tag. Dislikes: tying his own shoes, celery & karaoke.
Being the 4th Arnaux in line of a many generations old family the count inherited more money than could be written down in numbers in this short personal introduction. Be aware though that the count is certainly not an old rich snob spending his fortune only on fancy banquets with other important people or on a money sucking trophy wife, quite simply because he hates fancy banquets and is still single. Actually, Count ‘d Glorey prefers his food in the fashionable way, namely fast. Hence the Glorey Burger fast-food chain that he owns.
So the count doesn’t spend his money on food, theatrics or fancy jewellery, what does he spent it on? > on anything new. Everything must be new or renewed. The only old fashioned thing the count has are his clothes, but that’s only because they just fit like a pair of 4k gold stitched silk gloves , and Renaissance Fashion Magazine predicted that hats will be THE retro hype of 2012 and sceptres …well lets be honest… are just plain awesome. The Count interests himself in modern architecture, extreme sports, the latest health trends, space travel and whatnot. Since being so focussed on everything new the count couldn’t ignore the revival/renewal of spore and donated over a million speuros to Sporenaissance and gave approval to use his personal persona to promote the club. So backed by 13 great creators and an endless supply of fictional money this thread is now too big to fail.

Anna B'Aroque aka Ansje:
Anna B'Aroque is a lady known for her encouraging ideas about detailing and use of colour in clothing, buildings and decorations. She influenced architects and fashion designers in such a way that her name became a synonym for a style period: Baroque. Little is known about her private life, rumours say, that despite the abundant outftitting she is famous for, the lady actually is very modest and prefers to walk in shady forests, wearing comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes. Kids love to visit her in her little toy shop and to see her doing stitches on their damaged plush toys or to see her create new ones. Anna herself always is amazed, that the plush toys are broken again at each new visit and need new "medical treatment".
Having beautiful hair, she posed for an advertising portrait for the hare care products line of a friend of her, simply as a friend's gesture, without ever having used the products herself. Her hairdresser can confirm this, he thinks it is not an honest adverstisement this way, but he is just jealous: he never managed to convince her of any expensive, artificial treatment.

Alberto Galilei aka darwinken:
Alberto Galilei, the younger brother of Galileo was a true Renaissance man with varied interests; statesman, soldier, inventor, philosopher & entrepreneur. Nonetheless, he had a bit of an inferiority complex due to the successes of his older & better known brother. Thinking, he could best his brother in science he invented a flying machine based on an old Da Vinci sketch. To the basic design he added a source of power that he was convinced would make the dream of flight a reality. Into four bottles of the finest Murano glass, he added quicksilver, holy water, wine & phlogistine respectively. In the center of this array was a combustion chamber into which the 4 elements would flow when the stopper was pulled. Once in contact with each other an exothermic reaction would result that would drive a small turbine mated to the rotor. Or so he thought. However, the best laid plans of Alberto did go astray. When he pulled the plug the most significant consequence was a rather disturbing sound that embarrassed the inventor and those attending the unveiling. Not to be deterred, Alberto redefined the contraption as a fashion accessory. Indeed, his machine sold briskly until the next fashion trend displaced it the very next spring. Although he never gained the notoriety of his brother, he did amass a small fortune from selling a line of hair care products that he franchised out.

Sir Slarti Raleigh aka Slarti-42:
Sir Slarti Raleigh (1860 - ??), like his fabled ancestor, was a man of many talents; soldier, privateer and explorer. He first showed his mettle during the Anglo-Afghan war of 1878-80. When, as a young soldier, his bravery in battle saved his comrades in arms from certain annihilation. Unfortunately, he lost an eye and the lower part of his left leg in that fateful skirmish. Recuperating in a field hospital bellow the Kybur pass, he met the time traveling Professor Kairos, who had taken a wrong turn searching for Leonardo Da Vinci. Immediately taking a liking to Slarti, Kairos replaced Slarti’s mangled leg with a steam-powered prosthesis and revealed to him his secret time travel method. After, successful test runs to Elizabethan England and the mid 20th century, Slarti offered his new found powers to Queen Victoria. Ever eager to expand her burgeoning empire, the Queen quickly offered Slarti a knightship and a lifelong pension in return for any intelligence he could gather from his forays to past & future times. Her only condition was total secrecy. Though this arraignment was mutually beneficial for over two decades, Slarti, eventually tired of his undercover time travels and settled down in the early 21st century. There he gained some notoriety for his computer rendered designs, depicting heroes real and imagined.

Happy creating!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 11/23/2011 09:43:36

Female Spore Veteran

lukeking4564

Civilized Sporeon

London, land of monsters, Mechas and Magick...apparently

Nice idea for a contest, I will try and create an Avatar for this, though I must confess I know little about the time period itself, does anyone have any good inspiration for Renaissance styled creations?

sig by N1NJ4X
[/url]
Yes,I'm an Atheist,So what?*Send in the Clowns*My Sporepage*The Terran Rps wiki

Serevanth

Multicellular

This is a great idea, just in reading the names of those involved I know you each have a lot to offer the Spore community.

[Yahoo!]
Apollo9898

Multicellular

In a little house on the prary. (HINT: No)

Looks awesome! I might join!

No pain, no gain.
LoneStar45

Spacefaring Sporeling

Good idea, though I won't be able to contribute to this Spore-wise seeing that my spore is broke. At the moment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/05/2011 14:44:53

l Steam l Tumblr lWith the cold heart of darkness, one city is lawless, one city fighting for order, that's what the law is
[WWW]
Ansje

Civilized Sporeon

@ lukeking4564: welcome to you! You do not need to follow the Renaissance theme, but if you like you could google for it, using the tag "Renaissance clothing". To give another idea: famous persons from that period are Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and Galileo Galilei. But as said before, we had fun with that historic period ourselves, but you are free to choose the style you wish for your own avatar entry!

@ LoneStar45: too bad your Spore is broke, I hope you manage to solve the problems. This is an ungoing topic btw, in future we will have more nice activities, so stay tuned anyway

@ Apollo9898 and Serevanth: welcome to you as well guys!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/05/2011 14:48:40

Female Spore Veteran

Startravler999

Microbe

Thx for the tip anje but my name won't fit in and gets cut off at the last letter so I can't log in as it and would anyone mind telling my how to make a pic sig because i can't find the img button or when I type it it comes out as [IMG]www.randomthingy.com[IMG].

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/05/2011 15:28:31

FLCGM_2

Multicellular

Oh this looks amazing! By the way, by avatar you mean that little image we have sporepedia account, right? If so, this came at the right time, cause I've been needing to make one since I joined spore! Anyways, I'm in!

Sig made by creature603!
lukeking4564

Civilized Sporeon

London, land of monsters, Mechas and Magick...apparently

@Ansje; So can we use any theme( Futuristic, Steampunk, fantasy, horror etc.) for our avatar, I am just finding it difficult to comprehend what to make for this.

sig by N1NJ4X
[/url]
Yes,I'm an Atheist,So what?*Send in the Clowns*My Sporepage*The Terran Rps wiki

Ansje

Civilized Sporeon

@ Startravler999: to post a picture you need to start with what you mention, but you need to end with [/img] In between you need to paste the image location.

@ FLCGM: well with avatar for this contest we mean a creature representing you, but you are not obliged to add it in that tiny square on your profile page (I do have a frog in there, no kidding )

In general, maybe helpful, this is a link about how to post pictures on the Sporum, the instructions are in the third post of this topic:

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/64731.page

@ lukeking4564: absolutely, you really can choose whatever style you wish, have fun creating!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/05/2011 15:46:30

Female Spore Veteran

CloudyVision

Civilized Sporeon

Sound kinda cool! I like the idea behind this club.

| You don't have to be faster than the bear; you just have to be faster than the people you're hiking with. | My Profile |You noticed this text? Wow, good eyes.

I am: Sir Admiral Cloudberg von Wellington, Viceroy of Tardistan (among other titles).

Witchly

Microbe

Looks kewl. Just one question though...

Slarti-42, any relation to slartibartfest? 'Cause I remember Fairy tale creations under that name that I adored, so...xD

Also, speaking of the problem of screennames, I used the wrong one....d'arvit. This is MichaelModPerry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/05/2011 15:51:00

FLCGM_2

Multicellular

Oh me... Cool, I was already creating christopher columbus xD

Sig made by creature603!
Ansje

Civilized Sporeon

@ MichaelmodPerry and Cloudyvision: great to have you on this topic as well guys!

Of course Slarti-42 is the former Slartibartfast38, who else

Female Spore Veteran

Parkaboy

Multicellular

Hey, folks! It's great to see this project taking off!

Here's my contribution to the Avatar Contest:

"John Sporeyton, aka "Parkaboy", is the son of Lord and Lady Sporestoke. During a trip to Africa the British couple was marooned by mutineers and lost their baby child in the jungle. After years of mourning and searching they found John, and were instantly convinced that he was their long lost son, raised by a family of chimps in the jungle.

They took John back to the civilization and are still in the process of reacquainting him with the proper customs and behaviour of the British society. So far they got him to stop flinging his excretions at the guests."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/05/2011 16:10:07

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: