The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Children of Aurnia III  XML
Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
Eochaid1701

GalacticGod

Everyone going towards the crime scene was met with essentially the same response: Get away, this is a crime scene, the radiation here will kill you, etc. They weren't going to let anyone close, but they could see several things.

First: forensics technicians were swarming the area around the cave and something about an eighth of a mile away. There was a heck of a lot of blood, as though several anime characters had exploded. Second: Eggs were being moved onto trucks and carted away to a safe location, under the guidance of a DoD official. Most of them were untouched, apparently. The hatchlings that had been in the cave were a different story. Any of them that had woken up (about a quarter) were badly injured, and a few had bled out. On the whole, they weren't nearly as bad as the adults.

If the approaching dragons acquiesced, they would be taken to a waiting room with Gio. If not, well then...

BB never loses an argument, in the same way that a ten-year-old never loses at CoD because he shuts off the Xbox when things go badly.
cavalier639 wrote: I view Eochaid as a bearded wyvern with a backpack full of grammar books and other odds and ends.
Wolfpaw8

Civilized Sporeon

Kaldra backed up, retreating into the safety of the forest to think over what she’d just witnessed. Eggs were being carted away, blood was everywhere, and official looking humans with forensic equipment were swarming the place. With all that blood, it looked as if the nursery had been attacked and a few dragons had been injured or even killed. Add in the radiation and that Aurnia was gone made it reach disaster level.

I’ll go into town, maybe there will be something about this on TV.

Kaldra took off, flew for a few minutes, and landed near the edge of Jessica. She walked into town and entered the first bar she saw; they always had plenty of TVs. Upon entering, she was overwhelmed by the noise, panic, and crying. She managed to push through the crowd and closer to a television. After watching for a while, her mouth
dropped open.

Aurnia was murdered… no, no, this can’t be happening!

But she knew that it was, this wasn’t some nightmare that she could wake up from, and this was real. She sat down on an empty barstool, staring at the wood, drowning in her own despairing thoughts.

SandraMJ

Spacefaring Sporeling

It seemed Gio had fainted at some point. He couldn't remember anything properly, so making use of his few forces, he asked where his headphones were, that he had a job to attend. Either the people around didn't hear him, or they simply ignored him, which caused Gio to close his eyes again, and try to order his thoughts as images went back to his head.

"People. More people. Forest. Dragons. Aurnia... AURNIA" he tried to stand up, just to notice he was in some crystal room with some sort of showers. Gio still knew nothing about the so said radiation, so he got up and began punching the wall, asking where he was.

I'm SandraMJ. I draw a comic. You can read it by clicking the banner below. Warning: Swears.

My fan comic about Avatar: http://sandramj.deviantart.com/gallery/#Earth-Kingdom-s-attack
[WWW]
Eochaid1701

GalacticGod

Punching the wall seemed to have alerted the authorities that he was awake. "Step into the shower, please," a voice said over an intercom. "You've been contaminated. HAZMAT officers will be with you shortly, and your items will be returned to you."

~~~~~

"Hey, you want a drink?" The human bartender asked Kaldra. The news had covered a story about a rash of disappearances in the Metroplex, then looped back to Aurnia, saying pretty much the same thing as it had said before.

BB never loses an argument, in the same way that a ten-year-old never loses at CoD because he shuts off the Xbox when things go badly.
cavalier639 wrote: I view Eochaid as a bearded wyvern with a backpack full of grammar books and other odds and ends.
Euphoric_Turtle

MouthBreather

Creed started walking, each step seemed heavy and awkward. He couldn't stop thinking about what he heard. Though he couldn't keep on sulking like this it wasn't healthy, and it was nothing like him. Creed slowed down then began a gentle pace down the street. Home seemed to far away at the moment, he needed to be somewhere relaxing. He was hungry and now that he didn't have to worry about work he could relax anywhere he'd like. The Dragon Heart Cafe was across the street of where he stood. A friendly place, he'd only visited once just to see what it was like.

Wearily, Creed stepped in; many dragons and humans a like came to stay here. He felt more at ease and sat down at the bar. A few stares were offered at his bright unusual appearance; however, it wasn't something that he wasn't already used to. Creed ignored the TV and rested his top pair of hands on the counter. He was hesitant for a moment but made up his made, "'Xcuse me, I'd like a cup of coffee." Creed said subtly and offered a half-hearted smile to the bartender. He rubbed his head and sighed, this was all going pretty fast.

What'd you expect the signature to be?
Wolfpaw8

Civilized Sporeon

"No thanks, maybe later. I gotta go anyway..." Kaldra mumbled. She hopped off the stool and pushed her way through the crowd. Many were talking loudly on their phones and called out angrily when she bumped them, occasionaly causing someone to drop their phone, but she ignore them. She had bigger things to worry about than a broken cell phone or some angry human.

Her claws clicked on the pavement as she wandered aimlessly through Jessica, lost in her own thoughts. Then something crossed her mind, that strange looking dragon had said that they should find him. But how should she go about finding him... maybe just asking around would give her some clues.

SandraMJ

Spacefaring Sporeling

Gio sighed and, having his thoughts almost completely sorted out by now, walked into the showers.Freezing, was few to say, considering he used ice power on a half daily base. It was then when he noticed he wasn't wearing his uniform anymore, making him wonder once again what kind of contamination was the guy talking about.

((sorry for short post, but I'm feeling real sleepy))

I'm SandraMJ. I draw a comic. You can read it by clicking the banner below. Warning: Swears.

My fan comic about Avatar: http://sandramj.deviantart.com/gallery/#Earth-Kingdom-s-attack
[WWW]
Jalines

Multicellular

Lost in my strange mind, which is in California Gender: Male

((Sorry this is so late after my first post, I only have afternoons (at -8 from forum time, that is) to post with school starting again for me.))

Ev looked at the hazard-suited person quizzically. Crime scene? Radioactive? What in the world...?

"Um..." Ev began uncertainly in a rather high-pitched voice, as he was still a somewhat young dragon. He cleared his throat, which to his alarm produced a small green cloud of poison. Argh, I forgot about that already! The person didn't seem to notice, though, and since he/she had the hazard suit on, Ev reassured himself that the poison wouldn't harm them.

"Um, excuse me," he began again, "but... what happened here? What's this crime scene? Why would this place be radioactive?" he asked in a rushed voice, out of his desire to know what could possibly have caused all this.

My name is pronounced Jay-leens. I go by the same on deviantART and Dragon Cave. My Steam name is Blazer.
wolfji

GalacticGod

walking the roads, searching for grave robbing vict- buddies.

Sabestian quickly got into his car, and began driving home. He needed to get home quickly, and gear up. Riots, he was sure, would start quite quickly, if not immediately. After all, who cares what the officals said, the dragons were surely going to blame humans, and that, had the potential to cause alot of problems. Which, infact, was great for him. After all, who was going to question why he put a bullet through a dragon's brain if the dragon was enraged, as it obviously would be, if Aurnia had been murdered.
[WWW]
Michangs

Multicellular

Thinking (constantly) about dragons in love. Awwww.

Aurnia found dead... attacked... maimed... blood... death... lost... lost it all...

Thoughts stormed in Tem's mind. All he could think about was what he had just heard.

What's the point?... What is left to hope for?... Think. What is lost? Just one. A grandparent. What is left? Everyone else. Everyone else is still alive. Parents are still alive. Parents!

Tem inhaled sharply and suddenly as his eyes snapped open. He was still lying on his side on the hard white tiles of the back room. He raised his head off the uncomfortable floor and looked around to find Rick sitting next to him with a frightened stare on his face. "What's going on, Rick?" Tem asked, worried what his co-worker's face meant. "All I did was fall down and cry a little." He started to wipe his eyes but sensed, strangely, that they were already dry.

"Tem, that was ten minutes ago," Rick told him, unbelievably.

"What?" How is that possible? "So I just... dozed off or something?"

"Worse. Tem, I think you passed out. I couldn't even wake you."

Tem returned his head to the floor to think some more. Did it really hit me that hard? he wondered. I guess it only makes sense. It still felt like someone was wrenching his insides every time he thought about what had happened. So wrong, so terribly, utterly wrong... But I can't forget what I have left. My parents... I have to see if they're all right. If Aurnia... He couldn't bear to let the words form. ...then anyone could be next.

He stirred and rose to his feet. "I have to go, Rick," he said urgently. "I have to find my parents, see if they're okay."

"All right, I understa-"

But Temezren was already gone. He raced out of the library and through the sunny suburbs around it, eyes locked on the distant forest.

Clear Ups: -I'm male. -The "ch" is pronounced like an "sh." -Here, it's -7 hours from the default time. -Click these, please. ->
Eochaid1701

GalacticGod

"Sure, sweetie," the waitress replied. The cafe wasn't quite the place to warrant a proper bartender; they didn't even have a liquor license. With all the dragons that tended to hang out here, nobody thought that alcohol was a good idea.

The waitress, a woman in her fifties with a hairnet and too much makeup, reached over to the coffeepot, poured up a mug of coffee and set it in front of him with two single-serve packages of creamer. "Big news, huh?" she said, making idle conversation. "Wonder what they're going to do about it."

~~~~~

When Gio was done with the shower (which included a harsh scrub-down; it was a very unpleasant affair indeed), his clothes and personal effects were in the room waiting for him, along with the police chief from the news broadcast. "So, I suppose you heard the news?" he said. "I apologize for the preventative measures, but radiation poisoning isn't something to be trifled with."

~~~~~

"You haven't heard?" The officer asked Ev. This person may have been a woman, at least judging by size. "Aurnia's dead. She's a light dragon, you know. She died fighting, so the whole area's like a bomb went off. Circle around that way," she said, pointing. "We have a shelter there. People there can give you more information without you getting irradiated."

~~~~~

There weren't any riots yet, but there were a few people and dragons shouting at each other as Sebastian drove by. It seemed that nobody was entirely sure what was going on. After all, why would Aurnia be killed by one of her own kind? A human might have motive, but a dragon would be less likely. It may have been someone who Avalon Corp. duped into a species change way back in the day, but something like that would have taken quite a few someones.

~~~~~

The way Temezren was approaching, he would be able to see the waiting area that Ev was told about. As he approached, an officer directed him straight there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/2011 02:03:10

Michangs

Multicellular

Thinking (constantly) about dragons in love. Awwww.

"Huh?" Temezren asked the officer, stopping himself in his tracks. "No, I'm not going there; I'm looking for my - " Then something terrible occurred to him. The rest of the news report was coming back to him; he had ignored most of it at first, but now he remembered some other details. Among them, some kind of radiation warning. If his parents' cave was too close to the site...

"Um, sir," he started asking in an obviously worried voice, "this place is irradiated, right? How far does the radiation go, exactly?"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/2011 02:19:25

Clear Ups: -I'm male. -The "ch" is pronounced like an "sh." -Here, it's -7 hours from the default time. -Click these, please. ->
Jalines

Multicellular

Lost in my strange mind, which is in California Gender: Male

Aurnia's dead.

Those two words were all Ev could hear. After the HAZMAT officer had said them, every other sound had faded to meaningless noise as his mind struggled to comprehend the utterly unbelievable news. Aurnia, the one who restored the dragon race, but much more than that, who gave Ev the chance to start his life over again...

Aurnia's dead.

Dead...

DEAD!!

Giving in to the storm of emotions inside him, Ev took off through the forest without paying attention to his direction, straying away whenever he encountered someone else, now rapidly breathing out poison but no longer caring. As he crashed through the brush, painful memories rushed to the surface of his mind: His mother getting thinner, weaker, paler, while he noticed nothing, absorbed in his own interests... the news of his mother's death... out of nowhere, he had thought, even though the signs were so obvious now...

And now Aurnia. It had happened again. Except this time, there was nothing he could do, or ever have done. Ev lost all his frantic energy and slowed down as he came into view of a clearing, then collapsed at its edge. He curled up and started to cry, letting his sadness gush out through his tears. Each time it seemed to be ebbing, his instinct to call for his mother only reminded him of the great tragedy and made him start up again. Ev had never realized before how much Aurnia meant to him, both as a new mother figure after his human mother's death and a symbol of his hope for a better life as a dragon. And now she was gone....

((This seems an odd place to end for now, but I think going on more would have too much happen without room for reaction. Right now he's at the edge of a clearing that's not too far from the shelter he was directed to (although he didn't really pay attention, so he doesn't know that), for anyone who needs to know.))

My name is pronounced Jay-leens. I go by the same on deviantART and Dragon Cave. My Steam name is Blazer.
SandraMJ

Spacefaring Sporeling

-"Apparently, I only knew half of it." -Gio confessed, yawning, tired of all the movement there had been this morning- "Uh, don't worry, it's your job and what not. And anyways your guys kind of really saved my life, so it's all fine. The one who should apologise is me, I mean, the news hit me pretty hard, and I wanted to help."

At this moment the dragon sighed, and turned around, willing to go back to work, already knowing that he was more than unuseful there.

[WWW]
Eochaid1701

GalacticGod

"The radiation goes in about a quarter mile radius from Aurnia's body, which includes the hatchery cave," Temezren's officer replied. Fortunately, it could have been worse.

~~~~~

"That's perfectly understandable. I know she probably meant a lot to you." The captain coughed awkwardly and shifted his balance. "So is there anything I can help you with?"

Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
Go to: