The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
The Advanced Guide To Creating Adventures  XML
Forum Index » Adventure Corner
groxkillerhelp

Civilized Sporeon

I have a few tips:

A: If you want to make a very detailed adventure, but the complexity meter might kill your idea,try making static objects-things the player won't blow up/examine/give something to- into blue gates. Blue gates cost half the complexity as the building/object you disguise them as,saving a huge amount of complexity. Take my newest adventure,for example:

It is very well detailed,yet the complexity meter is nowhere near full,thanks to the blue-gate trick.

B:Somethings your creatures/captain can fall into buildings. This is a glitch with the building's load time. To fix it simply place an upside down jump pad all on the surface of the walking area, and set them to invisible. Now you can walk on it without issues!

C: I found out a neat way to make moving doors,look:

How to make doors that open in 1 act

Click for video!

1- You can't get Advanced AI on vechiles,but you CAN make them follow a creature with Advanced settings. In short,the creatures are set to:

Wander radias is set to the lowest possible,it prevents them from animating(and going out of sync with each other) though sometimes it still happens. They MUST walk in a straight line in the exact opposite of the doors or the doors will not open like doors.

2- The doors themselves are actually vechiles,as mentioned above. They are flat,though they do,unfourtunetly,float. There are multiple ways to go around fixing that. one is to do #3,another is to make a pit in the ground so it seems it's not floating.

3- In this example I used blue gates disguised as buildings(as actual buildings would get nowhere near the doors) and made them float so that you don't see the doors float.

I also recently figured out that if you make two vehicles small in the EDITOR,then place them together in the adventure very close to each other,then edit them in the vehicle editor,you can make them as large as you want without them being too close to each other. As in,they can overlap each other but they aren't "conflicting" with each other and turning red.

EDIT: Oh,peli,you already knew trick #3. Though mine has more option potential...

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 04/10/2010 12:33:30

I'm a decent Creator. Not the best,but not the worst either. New sig by Ghostofillusion!
pelicanthor

Spacefaring Sporeling

I found that out a few months ago I'm going to add that to the OP.
thank you grox!

I was going to want to make doors that open when a player is close to them in this adventure that i'm working on, but it just did not fit the theme... oh well, I will use it in a future adventure.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/2010 18:09:26

[WWW]
Aquamarine

Multicellular

Great thread

pelicanthor

Spacefaring Sporeling

.Bump.

[WWW]
pelicanthor

Spacefaring Sporeling

.Bump.

[WWW]
inferno7

Civilized Sporeon

Good guide. r+

[WWW] [Yahoo!]
pelicanthor

Spacefaring Sporeling

This thread does not deserve to die!

[WWW]
Slyth33

GalacticGod

pelicanthor wrote:This thread does not deserve to die!

No it doesn't! New creators should read this thread.

pelicanthor

Spacefaring Sporeling

Slyth33 wrote:
pelicanthor wrote:This thread does not deserve to die!

No it doesn't! New creators should read this thread.

Thank you

[WWW]
Nagho

MouthBreather

I vote that this be either stickied or get a really big link in one of the already stickied threads.

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
pelicanthor

Spacefaring Sporeling

Nagho wrote:I vote that this be either stickied or get a really big link in one of the already stickied threads.

I hope it gets both

[WWW]
LichenDragon

Civilized Sporeon

Spacestage, wishing murdering and pillaging was more then pressing the laser button.

This is a nice thread, so many tips and tricks. I may have to think up an adventure just to use the door trick..

"We may be descended from worms, but, they were glorious worms." Theme song
Sig by FunkyMomma
[WWW]
MobsterMania

Spacefaring Sporeling

Wasting his life. Youth is sure wasted on the young.

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!

[WWW]
pelicanthor

Spacefaring Sporeling

I'm very glad that I have made a helpfull thread

Thank you for all your help every one♥

[WWW]
inferno7

Civilized Sporeon

Well it needs a sticky, it is a useful guide and has links to all other useful guides.

One thing I have to say is that in the building creator while creating floors make the parts maximum scale then feel free to re size them with the sliders and rescale them in the adventure creator. This makes it impossible to be knee deep in floors, fall through floors, and get stuck in floors.

Also turning up your graphics setting help to prevent this to.

[WWW] [Yahoo!]

Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Go to: