The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

How to Retrieve Your Game's Registration Key/Serial Number in Windows  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
OneBlackbird

Spacefaring Sporeling

Main post updated with new information/re-organized. I still need information regarding the file path for a downloaded copy in Windows Vista64.

Didzo wrote:There are few things Blackbird enjoys more than the sweet taste of children's tears. This delicious nectar trickles down through the sphincter he calls a soul, giving a shadow of life to the hollowness within. It is the aroma of the deaths of innocence that keeps him lucid in his fetid void of existence. The soft, mournful cry of children is a lullaby to Blackbird as he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. For Blackbird, he is Worse than Hitler.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
sockhopper

Microbe

Someone lost his registration key in another recent post and someone else suggested calling EA's tech support or downloading a program to find the key for you. There is, however, a far less time consuming method for retrieving the key for nearly all games which require one and I figured I'd post it here for people to use. When you install a game that requires a serial code or a registration key, nearly every time that key will be stored in your computer's registry.

In order to gain access to your registry, you’ll need to follow these basic steps:

1. Pop open your start bar and hit "Run."
2. Enter the command "regedit" in the little bar. A new window will open with a bunch of folders called "Registry Editor."

Now that you’ve got the Registry Editor open, you’ll need to find a different set of folders depending on the operating system you’re using and whether or not you have a solid copy of the game or a downloaded version.

For Windows XP/Vista32 solid copy:

1. Find the folder that says HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Pop that open by clicking the little plus sign. More folders will appear.
2. Find the one marked "Software" and open that too. Again, more folders will appear.
3. Find the folder marked "Electronic Arts" in the new folders and open it.
4. Now find the folder marked “EA Games” and open it.
5. Now find the folder marked “SPORE(TM)” and open it.
6. There should be a folder marked “ergc” in there; that will have your registration key.

For Windows Vista64 solid copy:

1. Find the folder that says HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Pop that open by clicking the little plus sign. More folders will appear.
2. Find the folder marked “Wow6432Node” and open it.
3. Find the one marked "Software" and open that too. Again, more folders will appear.
4. Find the folder marked "Electronic Arts" in the new folders and open it.
5. Now find the folder marked “EA Games” and open it.
6. Now find the folder marked “SPORE(TM)” and open it.
7. There should be a folder marked “ergc” in there; that will have your registration key.

For Windows XP/Vista32 downloaded copy:

1. Find the folder that says HKEY _CURRENT_USER. Pop that open by clicking the little plus sign. More folders will appear.
2. Find the one marked "Software" and open that too. Again, more folders will appear.
3. Find the folder marked "Electronic Arts" in the new folders and open it.
4. Keep opening all folders in "Electronic Arts" until you come to one marked "spore_dd."
5. Open "spore_dd." Two folders should display. They will be marked "ergc" and "MemberName."
6. There should be a folder marked “ergc” in there; that will have your registration key.

In all cases, the registration key should appear under the data column when you click on ergc.

I’m not sure what the file path is for Vista64 with a downloaded copy. If anyone knows, please post it here and I will update the main post.

Credit to trambam and mayhem2008 for providing file path information.

I had to dump every thing on my computer EVERY thing so now what?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/20/2008 05:34:06

SporeMasterKaliena

GalacticGod

If you lost all data on your computer then you will need to request a new one from EA, please see this post:

I lost my Registration Key /Serial Number / CD Key How can I get a replacement?
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/14359.page#206299

EA_Isledyr

Microbe

In addition, if your game was registered you can go to http://support.ea.com, click My Account, then My Games. After you have logged in, you can go to the My Games tab and it should have your code there.

If it was not registered, you will need to obtain a new code.

-Issy-

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8947

phenolatukas

Microbe

ummm my game dissapeared when i instaled update to spore and i had lost my key but that file wont show up when i do what you say.....
SporeMasterKaliena

GalacticGod

phenolatukas,

Could you please clarify your statement. What have you already tried to correct your problem. At what point in the provided steps are you having trouble?

Theallmellowly

Microbe

trambam and mayhem2008 where ever you are THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU . This post saved me from a shake down. Having to pay ten bucks for a new code and ship off my spore disk just to prove I own my own game in the first place was just too ridiculous.
xkloud413

MouthBreather

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Darukai

Microbe

i dont have 1 to sstart with can i boorw some 1s code PLz?
SporeMasterKaliena

GalacticGod

Forum Guidelines:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/4.page

Illegal Activities – What to avoid
• Do not ask for or give out serial numbers

Arcom

Microbe

anyway to do this on a mac?
EA_BGY-11

Multicellular

Hi, Arcom.

As the Mac OS doesn't use a registry system like windows, if you'll send me the e-mail you used to register your game, I'll be happy to look it up in our database for you.

-Big Guy-

We're looking for crash/freeze issues! If you're experiencing these, go to http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/20563.page and post a report so we can resolve your issue as quickly as possible!

Spore Master Help thread:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/4723.page
Magnetmight

Microbe

Well, I'm trying to retrieve my CD Key from the EA Support Website... but I can't find the "My Games" tab in "My Account".

Where is it?

Or, is it anywhere on the game's packaging, as I have the container for the disk and the outer covering. Just not the manual...
SporeMasterKaliena

GalacticGod

It's only printed in the one location in my experience.

If you had it installed on the computer try doing the registry locate as listed in the beginning of this thread. If not you can try contacting support for assistance 866 543 5435.

Bits42

Microbe

What if you completely deleted the game from your computer and i lost the serial number ?

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: