The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Sentient v. Non-Sentient Creatures  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
MemnochJones

Microbe

be thankful you don't have a race of bananas after you... bananas with mustaches and evil intentions. no joke!
deathtrail

Multicellular

It's just, creatures without graspers are less likely to evolve. But under the proper circumstances and lot of time (billions and billions of years), of course those creatures can evolve into the space-stage.

Just give those n00bcreatures some time to evolve, it's possible, beleive me

[MSN]
MasterMarf

Multicellular

I just saw a race of sentient chairs on a tribal planet... Makes sentient bugs seem not quite as silly.

[WWW]
magnemoe

Microbe

I don’t really see the problem. If you don’t like a sentinel species, use the teraform tools and remove the atmosphere from their planet. This makes the non sentinel and is funny.

Shindia

Microbe

This really isn't the game to be playing if you don't want to see sentient (insert creature type/name here). The whole premise of the game is taking wild and random life forms to sentience. If you wanted to play a space game with all humanoids this is not the one for you

I personally don't see the problem with meeting sentient forms of everyday animals, what bugs me far more is meeting sentient tide pool creatures... (and it happens a lot)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/24/2008 10:31:21

Check out my Sporecasts: Shindia's Sporecasts
lordofthunder

Multicellular

deathtrail wrote:It's just, creatures without graspers are less likely to evolve. But under the proper circumstances and lot of time (billions and billions of years), of course those creatures can evolve into the space-stage.

i've made a space race without graspers but it's really more fun to see them manipulate weapons and instruments at the tribal stage

what 'evolution' does ... carnivorous cells are terrorising space!
Shindia

Microbe

lordofthunder wrote:
deathtrail wrote:It's just, creatures without graspers are less likely to evolve. But under the proper circumstances and lot of time (billions and billions of years), of course those creatures can evolve into the space-stage.

i've made a space race without graspers but it's really more fun to see them manipulate weapons and instruments at the tribal stage

They still do, if the race has no graspers they use their mouths to hold weapons and instruments.

Check out my Sporecasts: Shindia's Sporecasts
WildElf

Microbe

rush430 wrote:The more I think about it, the more it worries me. I don't want to go outside and have a bird stop me in the street to offer me cake it doesn't have. I especialy don't want it to be working with a coyotee going through my pockets looking for contraband Cheerios.

Well, you won't have to worry about that. One sentient race to a star system!

The coyotes you encounter in space aren't the same ones that raid your trashcans, they just look surprisingly the same (or at least similar) as them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/24/2008 18:06:32

BlanketyBlankMan

Multicellular

arghh wrote:Is there a way to prevent the game from making some creatures sentient? It seems obvious that some creatures (like insects or coyotes) should remain non-sentient. I mean, I love elephants but a race of sentient elephants have just entered into the space stage in my galaxy and I'm having a bit of culture shock dealing with them; especially since I already have many of them populating the food chain of my terraformed planets.
Nuke them all from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

It'd be a bloody stupid world if everyone went around getting killed without dying, wouldn't it?
glock3g

Microbe

wildelf wrote:Well, you won't have to worry about that. One sentient race to a star system!

The coyotes you encounter in space aren't the same ones that raid your trashcans, they just look surprisingly the same (or at least similar) as them.

I've got a cargo hold with a bunch of creatures I loaded up, then dropped a monolith on their planet. I'd like to go back and see how the spacefaring versions deal with the creature version, but since I've got colonies spread across all 5 arms now, I have no idea where that planet is located.

Here's an idea I'm going to have to try out. Use the terrasculpting tools to create some sort of bowl - sides too steep for things to get out. Then drop in various combinations of creatures and sentients. A gladiatorial arena, and the hologram scout gives front row seating.

The Zolt Space Probe: Mess with the bull, get the horns.
xyish

Microbe

mastermarf wrote:I just saw a race of sentient chairs on a tribal planet... Makes sentient bugs seem not quite as silly.

And the inevitable:
"Excuse me, but you're sitting on my head. Oh the nerve of some people."
Or the more ironic:
"Dear sir, pardon me but do I really look like a [insertexpletivehere] chair?"
lordkaiju

Microbe

blanketyblankman wrote:
arghh wrote:Is there a way to prevent the game from making some creatures sentient? It seems obvious that some creatures (like insects or coyotes) should remain non-sentient. I mean, I love elephants but a race of sentient elephants have just entered into the space stage in my galaxy and I'm having a bit of culture shock dealing with them; especially since I already have many of them populating the food chain of my terraformed planets.

Aliens quote, LAWL

I have encountered sentient racoons in space stage, who happened to be zealots........... My evil crocs busted them with da "planet go boom boom gun"
magnemoe

Microbe

wildelf wrote:
rush430 wrote:The more I think about it, the more it worries me. I don't want to go outside and have a bird stop me in the street to offer me cake it doesn't have. I especialy don't want it to be working with a coyotee going through my pockets looking for contraband Cheerios.

Well, you won't have to worry about that. One sentient race to a star system!

I think it’s funny to run into the weak species I went on killing frenzy on and made extinct, you know the one with 25HP or less and 1 in attack. Now they have large interstellar empires, extremely happy they don’t remember me
Have not run into any of my own creations in space, but have meet them many times as creature, they usually kill me I probably don’t want to meet them in space.
BlanketyBlankMan

Multicellular

lordkaiju wrote:
blanketyblankman wrote:

Aliens quote, LAWL
It's a surprisingly effective strategy.

*antimatter bomb*
*antimatter bomb*
*antimatter bomb*
*antimatter bomb*
*antimatter bomb*

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: