The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Ok, seriously, how do we get rid of the Grox? Brainstorm people!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
tyger42

Multicellular

darwinsproof wrote:The space stage was just O.K. to deal with until I, like many others, flew through Grox territory and am now constantly under attack from them. I am absolutely sick and tired of the Grox. I don't understand why most people are like "Well just wipe them out one by one." Look at this picture of someone who allied with them http://truth.no-ip.org/grox2.jpg Now look at this picture http://truth.no-ip.org/grox3.jpg

Well, I would look at the pictures, but I get this:

Connection to server truth.no-ip.org failed (Connection actively refused by the server.)
Midin

Microbe

johnnyoonoes wrote:You don't need to babysit. Build your defenses and forget. Only babysit the planets you really care about. blue/purple/pink/green spice planets. And if you have a lot of those colors, then seriously don't care at all and enjoy the game.

Oh and no alliances... they are really annoying.

I agree but I doubt EA wants us to ignore attacks. I doubt that was part of the plan but it is a hell of alot easier than trying to help out. What where they doing for three years?
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

Why does it matter what you think EA wants you to do?
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

People!
Look at the post I made on page 1.
I put up pics of me allying with them. So it is possible, just really hard, it took me hours, lol.

aim icon [MSN]
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

Well, I for one do not want to ally with them. I have heard that people that ally get the rest of the galaxy on your tail.

The other thing about killing the grox is that every other save game that you make will have no Grox in it... I definitly want them dead.
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

Well ally with them, get to center, and then break the alliance.
Oh wait, that doesnt work either, everyone still hates you, lol.
But the whole galaxy on your tail thing?
I haven;t gotten one attack from anyone in hours regardless of being declared war on, maybe its because I am friggin huge.

aim icon [MSN]
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

I read somewhere if you ally with Grox. The rest of the aliens in the galaxy automatically declare war on you.

Can you find a new race and see what their reaction is to verify this?

Also, killing the middle of the galaxy still does nothing.. I have done it ; )

TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

All new races hate you.
And how am I supposed to show this?
Just ally with the Grox and find out, lol.

aim icon [MSN]
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

TheAngelofDeath wrote:All new races hate you.
And how am I supposed to show this?
Just ally with the Grox and find out, lol.

There, you just ansered it.
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

That makes me feel special, lol.

aim icon [MSN]
Dafeaz

Microbe

Perhaps getting several allies on their borders, and ordering them all to attack at once? I've never actually tried to.

Also, the terraforming trick could probably work. Used in conjunction with an allied attack would make it easy.
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

Teraforming is too slow.

Bomb one or two cities quickly. Kill the ships that follow you through space. Done.

Rinse repeat 124189572394817294 times....

Plus I am pretty sure that you can only have your allies attack one planet at a time.
Faldez

Multicellular

i did a loop attack around all the grox stars and worked my way in, when i bombed their cities without terraforming the planet, i made it back around the loop they had recolonized several star systems

This is a Grix, the poor remnants of the pre-Grox race. The ones that didn't go crazy evil and get cybernetic implants.
shanweeboy

MouthBreather

my sulution is this:become a scientist in space(this is acheived by being a carnavore in cell stage,adaptable in creature,agressive in tribe,and economic in civ stage, and then ur a scientist)cuz scientist's specal ablity is gravity wave(destroys all structures on the planet,but cannot use on homeworld for ovious reasons)
and i jsut go to planet to planet destroying stuff...just use the ability,wait for everything to go boom then leave,then come back and colonize
sound good?

Ima Spore God www.theincompletes.com
go there now!
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

I made a video of me killing 8 bases in 2 minutes.. Much quicker to just kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMUFq_bfrqc

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: