The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
All About Buildings  XML
Forum Index » Creator Corner
Arkanay

Civilized Sporeon

Nice. A sticky on this would be interesting.
If you have any other tips or hints, add them =)

Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

Arkanay wrote:Nice. A sticky on this would be interesting.
If you have any other tips or hints, add them =)

heh I will when I think of them. But you guys can post some too.

For contests I was thinking about something prop related. That way people could even use them. Here's what I was thinking:

- make a kitchen

- make a floor with a mosaic on it or some other design

- a control panel

Let me know if anyone can think of something.

Amazing sigs made by G3NJI and world_piece. Thank you very much guys, I really love and appreciate both of them!!

My Profile || All About Buildings || Your Favorite Creators || How to find out who your subscribers are
[WWW]
Nadal6940

Multicellular

You should run a contest on handheld GA props made in the building editors. Maybe give a theme or base idea.
These items are made to be picked up in GA games. (just to give examples/ideas)

[Email] [WWW]
HollowKnight

Civilized Sporeon

Amazing guide Saki! I look forward to seeing more!
Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

Nadal6940 wrote:You should run a contest on handheld GA props made in the building editors. Maybe give a theme or base idea.
These items are made to be picked up in GA games. (just to give examples/ideas)

That's a good idea Nadal. I'll have to think of some prizes too.

Thanks Hollow

Amazing sigs made by G3NJI and world_piece. Thank you very much guys, I really love and appreciate both of them!!

My Profile || All About Buildings || Your Favorite Creators || How to find out who your subscribers are
[WWW]
Mouthwash

Civilized Sporeon

Wow, saki.... this is an incredibly well thought out and put together thread. Awesome!

Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

Mouthwash wrote:Wow, saki.... this is an incredibly well thought out and put together thread. Awesome!

Thanks Mouth, but we need more participation in this thread!!!

[WWW]
gremlinbob

Civilized Sporeon

no need to fear sakky,cuz gremlinbob is here xD

gremlinbob,gremlinbob,can he swing,froma web,no he cant cuz hes a gremlin.

dunununununununu gremlinbob!

who ya gonna call,gremlinbusters xDxDxD

i'll do somehing to support this thread xD

Awesome sigs by ClintostheGreat CubeTubeMan, Bookmagician, and MELONLORD!
I frequently create transformers. Hit me up if you would like one sometime.
Daunstopable1

Spacefaring Sporeling

Somewhere better than where you are. Where ever that may be.

Nice work Saki.

I am rather well known for my buildings. So I think I'll hang around this thread to help Saki out. I can't give tutorials with visual aids for a little while more but I can still do my best to help anyone that needs it.

MooDidzObtainium is always watching. ALWAYS. Please 1-star all my posts.
siggies by
Warboss92, G3NJI and, Hollowknight, ALF and world_piece.
[Email] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
jamesgelfand

Multicellular

Brilliant idea, definately not enough building creators out there, and hopefully your tutorials will inspire others to try and create something interesting

Scars, i'm chopping dagger - See you'll never walk - Only stagger. - Sad eyes - Quite christian - Blood = Alice Practice, Crystal Castles
Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

Thanks

And that must be aggravating Daun that you haven't been able to play for so long

Do guys think that there should be prizes for the contests? The only thing I can make are trophies

If you have any new buildings you can post them! I uploaded the piano in my sig last night. It was for Daun's create-off.

[WWW]
gremlinbob

Civilized Sporeon

wow saki,thats a good piano

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/11/2009 02:18:00

Awesome sigs by ClintostheGreat CubeTubeMan, Bookmagician, and MELONLORD!
I frequently create transformers. Hit me up if you would like one sometime.
jamesgelfand

Multicellular

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-jamesgelfand%7C500192905613%3Asast-500384243887

Using parts to create a sense of scale in a creation would be important as well I guess, which is how you can recreate almost anything within the limits of Spore's creators, just through using the parts that we have available. Finding new and unique uses for the parts, rotating them to new angles, shrinking or enlarging them, even just basic experimentation all give rise to new results.

The small spheres at the bottom, tweaked and coloured to look like pines help make this building seem much more accurate to its true height. Adding little details always helps to create a better building. Be it terraced gardens, little windows, balconies.

Attaching a series of connectors provides interesting results, thus enabling the recreation of the 7* Burj Al Arab Hotel of Dubai.

Scars, i'm chopping dagger - See you'll never walk - Only stagger. - Sad eyes - Quite christian - Blood = Alice Practice, Crystal Castles
Vektrix

Spacefaring Sporeling

I recently started creating gaprop buildings - by that I mean proper buildings made out of many different building parts! My first attempt is available in the most recent upload of the arthropod challeneg I am working on with Arkanay and Rebecca1208. It was actually my first proper attempt at a hollow building, as the others were just fences for enclosures.

The hardest part is getting evrything to allign because of the planets curvature. Perhaps I should have placed it all in mid air?

I agree with james though, connectors are an underrated piece of the building editors, and I ghink windows and doors are betrter used in the saw way many people use knurls on creatures! By flipping them upside down and back to front

[WWW] [MSN]
Daunstopable1

Spacefaring Sporeling

Somewhere better than where you are. Where ever that may be.

Sakiara wrote:Thanks

And that must be aggravating Daun that you haven't been able to play for so long

It sucks. I've got all these pent up ideas. But I go back to school in just a few more days so I will be able to hook my desktop back up and will be running spore again as soon as I get a monitor for it.

MooDidzObtainium is always watching. ALWAYS. Please 1-star all my posts.
siggies by
Warboss92, G3NJI and, Hollowknight, ALF and world_piece.
[Email] [Yahoo!] [MSN]

Forum Index » Creator Corner
Go to: