The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Galactic Adventures Gameplay FAQ  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
SporeMasterParkaboy

MouthBreather

cooldude34 wrote:I hope someone can help me. i bought this game for my son. he has played Spore through to the space level, and now we just bought Galactic Adventures.
when we create a new level, it won't let us Test or save the level. it keeps saying "You have to have a Captain and place the Captain in a valid area"..something like that.
we think we are choosing a Captain for the level, but i find it hard to know for sure that the creature is a Captain. has anyone else seen this message come up? what are we doing wrong?
many thanks.

You need to choose a creature to be the playable character and place it somewhere in the adventure planet. The option to choose a "captain" is located not on the creatures pallete, but in the lower right corner of the screen in the adventure editor. There's also a little lock shaped icon that allows you to "lock" or "unlock" the captain, meaning all players will use that creature or they'll be able to choose their own.

Forum Rules and Guidelines <-- Please read and follow.
MasterVoodroid

Civilized Sporeon

Okay, thanks Mata. By the way, Goober, its the + and - buttons on the keyboard if you dont have a scroll wheel.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/23/2009 23:30:10

Zernom

Microbe

First off. Tjis expansion is incredible. It's simply beautiful game play with amazing, non-stop possibilities.

I was playing a few adventures (so far everyone is doing an amazing job with theirs), and I noticed the indoor stuff. I am curious to know if there will be a tutorial for making a hollow building. If there is, I'm wasting a post, but I am just so very excited to know. Lol

Anyway, great job Maxis, amazing work.

MJ

Hydro_Glyph

Microbe

will somebody at Maxis please respond..

After installation I received this message numerous times..it crashes on start-up, no matter how I troubleshoot. GL with the launch Maxis Team>> Unhandled Exception 0xe06d7363 at address...

* Edit: i tried clicking on the GA Application Icon and its started up at least, so far so good..

** UUHHMM ERRRR... I now have over 50+ duplicates of every creation I've ever made, also looks like every saved version of every creation I've ever made..so essentially in viewer I have 166 creations multiplied by 50..WHAT HAPPENED?!!! arrrrggggghhHH!!!

*** I've checked the My Spore Creations/creatures folder and everything is intact..no duplicates there (only in viewer) so I dont have a clue what to delete because anytime the "Exception Raised" error came up before it duplicated the most recent .png image only and if that image were deleted it would also delete the original.., so now I have 50+ duplicates of every creation..with ONE of Each Shared, no idea which of the other 40+ to delete will delete the original, plus another 200+ creation versions that were never shared just saved and deleted...OMG! they've come back from the dead!!!

**** I've got 167 creations shared, no more no less...according to my in game viewer after GA installation I now have 9,884!! (But not in my Spore Creations Folder)
Doomnova

Civilized Sporeon

I have a small question, about the new captain parts.

From what I've seen, they've always been in the same places on the creature... are the spots on the creature where the captain parts are placed fixed? Because that wouldn't be very nice. :\
Jason_Nelson

Microbe

How do you bring things? For instance, I set up a bring mission for my captin and the Neon Blird wouldn't move anywhere. It would just laugh at me.

Do I need a staff or something?

[WWW]
Amy_Star_Roxs

Microbe

I'm doing the "how a bill becomes a law" adventure, and I'm trying to figure out to Bring a person to another person. FOr example it says something like "Bring Librarian to Senator Folio", but how do I do that? Thanks for your time.
Amy_Star_Roxs

Microbe

Jason_Nelson wrote:How do you bring things? For instance, I set up a bring mission for my captin and the Neon Blird wouldn't move anywhere. It would just laugh at me.

Do I need a staff or something?

We have the same question.
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

CopperWolf wrote:How come all the adventures except Maxis Kates 1st appear to have 0 plays in the sporepedia>

I know it's hard to tell since there are so many new features out right now, but this is more of a troubleshooting issue. This thread is for gameplay questions.

Check here for troubleshooting with GA.
[WWW]
WolfAxy

Microbe

I got GA yesterday and have to say that its a GREAT expansion to Spore (made and published my first adventure already ), but there's one thing that perplexes me.

Every Adventure has a number of points allocated to it. But why is it that only the pre-made Maxis adventures (14 of them) have a 100 points allocation while the community's ones usually have only 15? I just want to know if any player made adventures will have 100 points as well. 15 points per adventure make for slow ranking up......
TormakSaber

MouthBreather

Amy_Star_Roxs wrote:I'm doing the "how a bill becomes a law" adventure, and I'm trying to figure out to Bring a person to another person. FOr example it says something like "Bring Librarian to Senator Folio", but how do I do that? Thanks for your time.

Did you try socializing to get the Librarian to join you, and bringhim to the Senator?

I haven't done that quest, so.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/TormakSaber

Feel free to PM me with questions.
Hydro_Glyph

Microbe

will somebody at Maxis please respond..

After installation I received this message numerous times..it crashes on start-up, no matter how I troubleshoot. GL with the launch Maxis Team>> Unhandled Exception 0xe06d7363 at address...

* Edit: i tried clicking on the GA Application Icon and its started up at least, so far so good..

** UUHHMM ERRRR... I now have over 50+ duplicates of every creation I've ever made, also looks like every saved version of every creation I've ever made..so essentially in viewer I have 166 creations multiplied by 50..WHAT HAPPENED?!!! arrrrggggghhHH!!!

*** I've checked the My Spore Creations/creatures folder and everything is intact..no duplicates there (only in viewer) so I dont have a clue what to delete because anytime the "Exception Raised" error came up before it duplicated the most recent .png image only and if that image were deleted it would also delete the original.., so now I have 50+ duplicates of every creation..with ONE of Each Shared, no idea which of the other 40+ to delete will delete the original, plus another 200+ creation versions that were never shared just saved and deleted...OMG! they've come back from the dead!!!

**** I've got 167 creations shared, no more no less...according to my in game viewer after GA installation I now have 9,884!! (But not in my Spore Creations Folder)
ZeekNyne9

Microbe

Can we get word on whether or not we are or aren't supposed to be able to ride vehicles?
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Hydro_Glyph, I'm contacting the team about your issue, but please keep your posts on this thread abut game play mechanic issues.
[WWW]
Hydro_Glyph

Microbe

THANK YOU CACTUS!! Will do..

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: