The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Answering your feedback about Spore Online Accounts  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
MrRogersHasAGun

Multicellular

Yay! Thank you Lucy!

Why so cereal? Cerealy, why? Tell us!
Expansions are a company saying "We didn't feel like putting this in, now pay us $20 to have it!"
"Whoever said that the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons" - General Douglas McArthur
Hey, guess what? I'm "multi-cellular"! So instead of being a useless cell I'm TWO useless cells!
MaxisLucky

Developer

jjwalters3 wrote:There's a smile on my face. It's ashamed that we had to yell and scream, but this is indeed good news. Thank you for the information.

By chance, can you sticky this?

Consider it sticky-ed

-MaxisLucky

MaxisLucky
Sr. Producer @ Maxis
Fighter of the good fight
Dragonkil362

Microbe

QUESTION:

If I cheat on one of the screen name and then play fair on another one of the screen names will I still be able to get achievements on the one I don't cheat on?

Leader of the Draconian Empire!
earthbounder64

Multicellular

I'm assuming there will be something in place to have previously made Creature Creator accounts put under this system?
My gf already has an account with the CC with a different e-mail address, so it'd suck if she'd have to make a new one.
Still, it is better than what the original design was.
[Email]
theultimateend

Civilized Sporeon

dragonkil362 wrote:QUESTION:

If I cheat on one of the screen name and then play fair on another one of the screen names will I still be able to get achievements on the one I don't cheat on?

Cheats only affect your achievements on that specific save file for that specific race.

and I think only for that specific point in your game.

So if you cheat in stage 3 of 5, stages 4 and 5 still are fine.

I could have done it better with the same funds and manpower. 'It' being the variable in this statement. - Me

"There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wage possible." - Henry Ford

My website | If I had made Spore!

[Email]
Dragonkil362

Microbe

I have heard otherwise, people have said that once you cheat you don't get any even in new games. And the only way to stop that is by getting rid of the cheating game.

Leader of the Draconian Empire!
obsessisim

Multicellular

Second star to the right, straight on 'til morning.

Thank you. If my husband decides to start playing with my game, it will be nice to give him his own screenname.
(Oh great, now he'll probably look forward to beating all my creatures. Oh oh.)

shoptroll

Microbe

Awesome news. As a long time Maxis games player, I was confused as to why the account system was structured with 1 account per cd key when in past titles (Simcity 3000 and The Sims) users were able to create 5 sub accounts underneath the master account. Very glad to see this change and it's a good sign to know that Maxis is listening. Is it too much to say that I'm looking forward to seeing how this game shapes up following the first patch?

Hopefully this will get some of the "DRM" (my understanding is that the online accounts is separate from the DRM software) complainers to knock it off.

Now if only Maxis would do something like 2K did with BioShock and promise to remove the activation limit in 9-12 months that would kill the debate once and for all
hideflomein

Microbe

I am so glad to hear that our concerns have not fallen on deaf ears. Thank you for taking a step in the right direction to accommodate families that game together (or separately) without forcing them to purchase multiple copies of the game. I had not been interested in playing Spore for over a week due to this issue, and now that I see that steps are being taken to resolve it, I am once again excited to continue playing.
Hawkian

MouthBreather

Awesome, you guys rock, way to stay on top of things, that was fast, etc.

aim icon
Jiman

Multicellular

Thank you Lucy, as a representative of EA, for responding to your consumers and making a step in the right direction.

<3
SivCorp

Multicellular

So Lucy, you got stuck with the short straw huh?

Just kidding, I know the fun that is the online community...
Thanks for the hard work you all are doing at Maxis. I'm looking forward to that first patch and/or expansion. (don't let EA rape the community though, please)

Best regards,

Siv Corp

Twobit

Multicellular

this with your drm fix makes me very happy, and i will be glad to pick up the game when the pacth goes live.

http://kotaku.com/5050860/ea-to-loosen-spore-install-restrictions-reveals-sampling-of-spore-activations

"Thank you for buying Spore. Have fun beta testing yet another one of our games!" - EA
pianobar77

Microbe

Thank you for the update, and acknowledgment that there are things that the community sees as problems that EA/Maxis is willing to work on fixing.

While it looks to me that this coming update is adding more work for you than just allowing multiple accounts, I don't have a way to know how your verification system is setup so I accept that EA just has it's reasons, hah.

Multiple screen names sounds like it will work out fine for my household, and everyone I know locally that was interested in the game but were holding off because of how it shipped with just the one online account. I've read on other gaming sites that future games from EA will have the DRM install limit increased to 5. I would hope that increase will come to Spore in some fashion, but so far that's not an immediate concern for me...thanks for starting to work on that for those that are affected, though. The Achievement issue is looking like the last concern I have, but your post clearly states that it is something in the works as well, just for a later time.

Again, thank you for letting us know that our concerns were not left unheard. I have closed my support ticket since your thread let me know that a resolution is coming for my 'issue'.
Ballbarian

Microbe

A huge thank you to Lucy, Lucky and the Maxis team!
You have made my family (and many other families I am sure) very happy and restored our faith in Spore.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: