The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
If EA released a Spore Online game...  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Poll
If EA released a Spore Online game, would you buy it?
DEFINITELY YES! 33% [ 31 ]
Only if others played it, and said it was good. 27% [ 25 ]
Only if it looked good. 4% [ 4 ]
Only if the price is reasonable 7% [ 7 ]
Only if it came with C&C. 0% [ 0 ]
Only if I didn't need a new computer to run it. 9% [ 8 ]
Only if I felt like it. 5% [ 5 ]
DEFINITELY NO! 11% [ 10 ]
Other answer 4% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 94
ashkelon

GalacticGod

Unlikely.

The think I LIKED about spore was the shared content without the shared competition.

I will seriously rethink buying anything EA again. Since before GA I had a game that worked, and now I don't, and no prognosis on fixing the problem.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in. MinionJoe, grá mo chroí.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

ChaosHarbinger

GalacticGod

TheAnonymous1 wrote:
ChaosHarbinger wrote:Sounds like a good idea, but realistically speaking it would simply sink under the weight of WoW eventually. Spore isn't as addicting as that and were a way found to make it so in order to compete successfully, that would be sufficient for me NOT to get it.
I've heard that wow is an overpriced boring junkheap from several people.

Why play WOW when you can play a FREE mmorpg online, like fiesta?

WoW occupies 70+% of MMORPGers at present. Anything that can turn that around without being as addictive and intellectually painful would be welcomed by me - which is exactly why I doubt it'll happen, as the universe has a funny way of screwing me over on this sort of thing. I was one of those who didn't want WoW to take off when it was first announced and now...

Klokkwork wrote:The pessimist sees the mind of the optimist as half empty
[Email] [WWW]
Slyth33

GalacticGod

I'd wait for the reviews to come in first, and maybe the first patch, i'm sick of being a free beta tester by buying the game right when it comes out.

karonen

Civilized Sporeon

ChaosHarbinger wrote:
TheAnonymous1 wrote:
ChaosHarbinger wrote:Sounds like a good idea, but realistically speaking it would simply sink under the weight of WoW eventually. Spore isn't as addicting as that and were a way found to make it so in order to compete successfully, that would be sufficient for me NOT to get it.
I've heard that wow is an overpriced boring junkheap from several people.

Why play WOW when you can play a FREE mmorpg online, like fiesta?

WoW occupies 70+% of MMORPGers at present. Anything that can turn that around without being as addictive and intellectually painful would be welcomed by me - which is exactly why I doubt it'll happen, as the universe has a funny way of screwing me over on this sort of thing. I was one of those who didn't want WoW to take off when it was first announced and now...

I liked it better when it was just Warcraft, the PC game. It basicly is just the cliche game where you fight X guys or find X pearls from the X critter. It isn't that much of a challenging kind of thing, you just complete goals mostly by killing stuff, and have different weapons to use and powers and crud

Crystlewolf

Multicellular

I might, but it would depend on what it was about. If it was just normal spore with other people, then no.

KingHoopla13

Multicellular

Depends if I had to pay money monthly, like World of Warcraft. If not, then I would buy it.

Orange_Kirby555

MouthBreather

Repeatedly saying Macbeth and watching the explosions in the distance.

I would buy it if it was reasonably priced, didn't need to pay-to-play, isn't bugged up to the galactic core and back, has very good playability and has multiple servers that can hold at least 1,500 people. I would get it.

But if it's not all of those things, I would'nt poke it with a penny.

Feed my little Pets! They need to level up!
Zstar20

Civilized Sporeon

Aweirdgamer wrote:Would you buy it? I mean like an MMO kind of game with also options of other games to go with it.

My answer: If it looked good and others said it was.

Subscription fee?
ashkelon

GalacticGod

KingHoopla13 wrote:Depends if I had to pay money monthly, like World of Warcraft. If not, then I would buy it.

That's a really good point.

I have some professional organizations I pay subscription fees to, and the arabian horse association, but I won't pay a monthly fee for real estate on a server that's necessary to play a game I BOUGHT.

I'll consider a subscription if ALL of the software involved is free -- something along the lines of the base package at Linden Labs. I keep an avi for meetings and classes, and for a couple years paid subscription fees for minimal sandbox "real estate" when I was building apps.

But I'm just not investing money to buy into a server time share.

PrinnyGenocide

Civilized Sporeon

How did i end up back here? Oh and [Insert song lyrics here]

If they included a monthly fee,i would defiantly not buy it.

I need a new signature. The old one was not recent by any standards.
camaroKar

Civilized Sporeon

PrinnyGenocide wrote:If they included a monthly fee,i would defiantly not buy it.

agreed

>mfw this forum is still active
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

To be real honest, I was not entirely sure why they didn't go with a subscription model from the start.

Something like x space to upload and x download free, fees for additional ones.

They are REALLY missing out by not charging a fee to play MPN!

dragockon

Spacefaring Sporeling

I would DEFINITELY buy it

Where is God?
You ask,where is God? After we've run him out of our government,publics, our speeches,banned his commandments out of our schools, vows,and all places his name was ever engraved?And your asking me,where is God?Where did you put him?In a box?
[WWW]
taekinuru

Microbe

I'd be initially interested, then as more details (perhaps a more advanced combat system, with more moves? It's more or less the same interface as WoW, just needs a way to equip new moves on) come to light, I'd be coaxed out of my rut of stinginess and eventually purchase this possible delight.

However... It worries me if this does happen. Will Wright is no longer with EA and Maxis. Would Spore Online be as good without him? Probably so. However... It feels strange to have the idea of a Maxis game, in which some characters do speak brief bits of Simlish (listen carefully when selling to your own empire, and remember the songs available for download on the Sims 1's download page back in the 90s.) which wasn't orchestrated by Mr Wright.

It makes me feel uneasy to say the least, good sirs and madams, however it will probably shine true. The basic game is indeed very good, and the mmo aspect of it is practically there, it just needs a way to process the movements of potentially hundreds of players all at once.

A good game seldom falls from grace.. Unless it does an Atari 2600 Swordquest on its fans. (promise something so awesome you poop yourself, but then it fails to deliver due to going bust and whatnot...).
But, of course, I am rambling, so I end this post here, not with a positive or a negative... But a maybe.
For as that Philosopher says in the recent fanfictiony Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

"Life has no beginning or end. Only middles. I hate middles."
inferno7

Civilized Sporeon

dragockon wrote:I would DEFINITELY buy it
Facepalm

I wouldnt, all people who make MMO are greedy bastarads, MMO's are either

a. get rich quick schemes

b. get richer schemes if made by already rich companies like EA.

And monthly bills suck ****

[WWW] [Yahoo!]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: