The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Spore.com performance issues  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Carbonious

Microbe

IS THIS GOING TO SORT OUT "ERROR CONECTING TO THE SPORE SERVER ISSUE!" THIS IS THE BIGGEST PAIN, ITS USED TO BE FINE, BUT ITS DRIVING ME UP THE WALL,.

PLEASE PLEASE MAXIS FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hattrickster

Spacefaring Sporeling

MaxisCactus wrote:Yep, we're working on this issue. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the information.

aim icon
Kylelolcat

Civilized Sporeon

Right over there, by the mind twister and the God playing device.

MaxisCactus wrote:Hey everyone,

We are aware that there are some performance issues affecting Spore.com right now. You may notice profile and Sporepedia pages are slow to load. Some of the performance problems may also be the root cause of the intermittent 500 errors that some of you have reported seeing recently.

Our best people are currently working to resolve these issues, please bear with us as we make the site faster for you.

Thanks,
MaxisCactus

Don't forget upload problems!

kellchr90

Microbe

Cool good luck
Didzo

Spacefaring Sporeling

MaxisCactus wrote:
Didzo wrote:This problem has been plaguing me for around 2 weeks now, but my comments do not refresh automatically once I approve/delete them.

Are you talking about comments on the My Spore profile page, or the Manage Comments page? The Manage Comments page has been fixed, but I believe the My Spore page comments do not currently refresh when they should.

I'll have the team look into it.

Initially both didn't work, but now the My Spore page one is the only one working. However, I find it inconvenient to use the Manage Comments page because the names of the posters aren't linked to their profiles.

~Illegitimis nil carborundum~

~Signature by G3NJI~----------------------------------------------------------The Ego has fed...
Miyalana

MouthBreather

after they fix it new bugs are going to come, i just KNOW it.
jwmd2

Civilized Sporeon

I'm Old Gregg! Do you love mee? Make an assessment.

Great. I have had problems uploading ships in particular, problem linked to this thread
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/18737.page
I hope this has something to do with it. Thanks again, Maxis. You're on top of stuff and fixing it before most people notice .

~Ita erat quando hic adveni.~JICC|My Sporepedia| My deviantART Page

<<Awesome sig made by Pinnacle Sig's Moejoe18>>

[WWW]
Krai22

Microbe

Yeah its been slow to load pages in sporepedia
Crotalidae

Microbe

Good on you for fixin's! Thanks for the notification. Perhaps this story is related, then?

I was just uploading a bunch of my new guys, and I experienced a crash just after. When I went to the site to see if any of my new guys uploaded properly, all of the image information- their pics- came up blank. I looked at the sporepedia- and ALL of the newest entries are coming up blank for me! It seems that all new visual content is not present... or is this just me?
[WWW]
RedRanger3

Microbe

Carbonious wrote:IS THIS GOING TO SORT OUT "ERROR CONECTING TO THE SPORE SERVER ISSUE!" THIS IS THE BIGGEST PAIN, ITS USED TO BE FINE, BUT ITS DRIVING ME UP THE WALL,.

PLEASE PLEASE MAXIS FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto for me. It's very difficult and some times takes several days to update my sporecasts
sfw12345

Civilized Sporeon

And while we're on the topic of fixing errors, in agreement with RedRanger3 and Carbonious, can you fix the whole "Error connecting to the Spore server" while I'm trying to see someone else's sporepage ingame? The last time that it actually connected was in November.

Meh. I'm tired of Spore, but I think I got my money's worth of it, being addicted to it for six months and all. Bye Spore! I'll miss you! (Irrelevent opportunity for advertising: I have a blog.
GhostHunt

Microbe

Who do i contact to file a report against this game?
i want to know how to email maxis about this cause i am really getting sick of all the Bull i face in my game. I know for a fact that not a single creator of this game would be able to handle what i have to go through. As we have seen in one of the first demonstrations for Spore, Will wright cant even defend one of his cities.... I have to deal with 3 nations attacking me at once in the Space mood, every single time i play factions will go to war with me minutes after i meet them.
WarfareDragon

Microbe

I dont kno about the rest of you guys but for the life of me I can't seem to use the 'search online' feature in game or update/make any sporecasts without having to struggle through 'Error. There was a problem connecting to the spore server' countless times ... and even then I don't always get to do it... it makes me wonder if they even try to manage the server...

Everything man creates, carries within it the seeds of its own destruction
Digi-P

Multicellular

Didzo wrote:
MaxisCactus wrote:
Didzo wrote:This problem has been plaguing me for around 2 weeks now, but my comments do not refresh automatically once I approve/delete them.

Are you talking about comments on the My Spore profile page, or the Manage Comments page? The Manage Comments page has been fixed, but I believe the My Spore page comments do not currently refresh when they should.

I'll have the team look into it.

Initially both didn't work, but now the My Spore page one is the only one working. However, I find it inconvenient to use the Manage Comments page because the names of the posters aren't linked to their profiles.

Actually I like the way that My Spore Page comments not refresh to the front page because I like to approve the old comment first. In the old time, when I approve the old comments, it just keep refresh to a front page and I need to go back to that page again and again. However I support your idea that Manage comments page is inconvenient to use because it doesn't have a link to that poster profiles.

I don't know that this problem is my ISP problem or is Spore server problem. After I got a huge 500 error back in December. I start to have a problem to see creations cards in website Sporepedia. Sometime I can see only a few cards and else are blank. Only some specific time that I can see all cards normally. (like after 23:00 with +7:00 GMT)

jafer

Microbe

I am trying to install spore part pack, however kept being told that I need to have Spore installed first. Spore has been installed on my computer and I do not know what to do with this. There is not proper help provided through the EA web site. Please provide some help for my problem.Thanks much.

MaxisCactus wrote:Hey everyone,

We are aware that there are some performance issues affecting Spore.com right now. You may notice profile and Sporepedia pages are slow to load. Some of the performance problems may also be the root cause of the intermittent 500 errors that some of you have reported seeing recently.

Our best people are currently working to resolve these issues, please bear with us as we make the site faster for you.

Thanks,
MaxisCactus

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: