The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Sample Code: Stats  XML
Forum Index » Developer Corner
Hirnsausen

MouthBreather

MaxisDangerousYams: Sounds good! ... But: how to get the asset IDs of all and each of my creatures? So far, the only way for me to find out the asset ID is to right-click a single PNG file online at your website, and to click properties, and then to copy the asset ID part of the PNG file name. But this is something, any website cannot do automatically. So, how would my website be able to find out the asset ID of each creature and to retrieve the related data?

And: can more stats be added, such as:
- Amount of feet (can be different from legs)
- Amount of hands (can be different from arms)
- Amount of mouths
- Amount of eyes
- Amount of nostrils
- Amount of ears

Thanks again,

Sven

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/04/2009 01:01:55

The evolution goes on! See the birth of the universe, see suns and planets rising up, and see the birth of life. Guide your life form through all evolutionary stages, and discover the wonders of the universe and be there, when the universe dies.
MaxisDangerousYams

Multicellular

You can get all your assets in a script using this feed

http://www.spore.com/rest/assets/user/<Username>/<StartIndex>/<Length>

For example:
http://www.spore.com/rest/assets/user/Hirnsausen/0/5000
Hirnsausen

MouthBreather

Yes, MaxisDangerousYams, that's a great link, this helps me quite a lot! Thanks for this!

Now, there is one more question: I am using sometimes some of these modding tools third parties are supplying, to make further experiences. Some of these mod-created creatures, as you know, don't upload easily, or let's say, they are being removed from the server.

Do you know any way, to retrieve their stats? In fact, I would love to suggest to Maxis to create a corner for "over-weight" creatures (those more complex life forms). Even if they got removed from the server, were asset IDs created for them, too?

Again, thanks a lot, MaxisDangerousYams!

Sven

The evolution goes on! See the birth of the universe, see suns and planets rising up, and see the birth of life. Guide your life form through all evolutionary stages, and discover the wonders of the universe and be there, when the universe dies.
MaxisDangerousYams

Multicellular

As you noted, modded and overly complex creatures won't be on the server.
So as such you cannot use the stats service.

But you can manually calculate stats about them by parsing the XML for those creatures, yourself.
Now the XML for those creatures won't be on our severs either, but you can use some of the community tools to generate that. I am not aware of which specific tool but I do know that people out there have managed to decode creature PNGs and generate XML on their own.

Once you have the creature XML head over to www.sporeapi.com and check out the "Static Data" quick reference sheet. There we've given you links to some very useful maps.
These maps will tell you which hex id in the XML file corresponds to which part in the editors.

We're working on a sample that shows how you can use these maps to make sense of the creature XML. That'll come soon.
Hirnsausen

MouthBreather

That sounds good again! I hope I can find links to those community tools. Thanks.

Hirnsausen

MouthBreather

Hi.

On my Spore Fan Website (please add it to your fan site listing) I use the API quite successful.

The address is: http://Spore.Jamaica-Focus.com

However, I realize that some stats are missing, here is a list:
- Jump Value
- Amount of Eyes
- Amount of Ears
- Amount of Nostrils
- Amount of Mouths

Also, I don't know yet the meaning of the following stats:
- BaseGear
- Status

And how are the following values calculated (and based on what)?
- Cuteness
- Meanness

Please assist me/us, thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/20/2009 17:44:04

FutureFilms

Civilized Sporeon

For the cuteness and meanness check this thread:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/60/17690.page

BL/FF

[Email] [WWW] aim icon [MSN]
Hirnsausen

MouthBreather

Done, thanks!

MaxisCactus

Developer

Hirnsausen, congrats on receiving an honorable mention in our API contest!

App Gallery updated to reflect new status: http://www.spore.com/comm/developer/gallery
[WWW]

Forum Index » Developer Corner
Go to: