The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Another instance of the game is already running [1000]  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Spastic90

Microbe

I have the same problem as well. I'm not sure what is causing it. The only way i can get the game to work is to reinstall it and launch the game when the installation is complete. I've also uninstalled the EA downloader. However, i somehow got it to work normally yesterday. (i simultaneously took the cd out when i clicked it but i doubt that has anything to do with it deciding to work.)

Anyway, I bought a hard copy rather than through the EA Downloader. So it's not just people who bought it online. It does it with the disk as well. :/

Also i was lead to the FAQs by EA (Which helped oh so much...)

So yeah, i only hope that this could be fixed through a patch. I'm sure this is fixable... i mean a game should run in Applications rather than just Processes like it has right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/2008 16:33:25

tasukeru

Microbe

avesatanas wrote:I have been having this same problem. Spore played fine for two days then it just froze.

Did you do anything like download a program or alter anything prior to the error? Maybe we can pinpoint the problem based on what you might have done. I hope they can make a patch for this, it's really annoying to have to jump through hoops to play a game you've waited to play for years.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/2008 17:22:05

SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to pass this along. Please double check that the default Windows Firewall is off and any third-party firewalls, virus scanners, and passive file scanners are turned off.

If the problem persists I ask that everyone who is having this issue would please submit their Launch Analysis files through http://easpore.custhelp.com .

Right click the Spore icon and select Launch Analysis, select YES at the prompt. A path will display with the launch analysis which is a binary file for example: C:\AnalysisLog.sr0 Attach that file to your EA Support question, there is an area near the bottom of the form to submit attachments.

Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/2008 17:28:04

nebbernoo

Microbe

turned everything off.... already submitted a tech request and i guess they are just ignoring me, considering i submitted it days ago... the only response i got was right after i submitted it, they gave me the minimum system requirements list, i responded, telling them i far exceed the minimum, and no other response... and my analysis log was even part of my submission
AveSatanas

Microbe

I give up. Will it be possible to return this game and get a refund? After a week of disapointments, even if this problem is resolved, I dont wanna play it anymore. Major let down.
SKiZM

Microbe

most stores are overwhelmed by Spore refunds, so now they are usually just returning for another copy of the same buggy game :[

my machine is up to date STOP ASKING omg. every other game in the world will run perfectly on my machine. spore is broken. accept it.
tasukeru

Microbe

I'm real sorry about that man. I know, you pay for a game to not be able to play it, what good is that? I sincerely hope the have some brains working on solving this problem, because I've waited for spore for too long and would hate to just give up on it now.
linkohki

Microbe

i have the same problem, spore worked fine for me for a couple days, then oneday after it crashed i tried running it, nothing happened, it appeared in the processes on alt+ctrl+del, didn't appear on applications, after i waited 10 minutes and nothing happened i tried loading the game again, got a "[1000] another instance is already running" error message. have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, which didn't work. i've tried restarting my pc loads of times. i've tried ending the spore which isn't doing anything and running it again which the FAQ suggests, but that doesn't help. it used to work on my pc, and my pc is above the require specs for the game. I found someone with a similar problem and he managed to fix it by making a new windows user, log on on the new windows user and the game works... once... then you have to make a new windows user again....

please help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 17:16:53

tasukeru

Microbe

Has any progress been made on finding a solution to this problem? I know someone posted about a fix for multiple core processors but has there been any file's pinpointed or anything?
tetamania

Microbe

I get the same error.

I click - get the error - delete the process from Task Manager.
I need to do this 3 or 4 times then it just works.

Tetamania
tasukeru

Microbe

So you just delete the process and run again until it finally works? Wonder why that works..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 19:17:29

exalabur

Microbe

Wow I'm having this same problem and it's really not improving my day. I also bought a hard copy and it's giving me the same message when I try and load up the game.
Oh, the night before it was working, so I turned in on and was going to play, but then I decided to go outside instead, so to be able to exit the game quicker I didn't log in to play online I did the play off line option, could that have something to do with it? And also, when I look in the Task Manager, nothings there so there's NOT another "instance" running so it's IMPOSSIBLE to cancel it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 19:43:10

linkohki

Microbe

just letting you guys know im still here, still reading this topic and still getting the same problem, so post if you find a solution

thanks
tasukeru

Microbe

exalabur wrote: I didn't log in to play online I did the play off line option, could that have something to do with it?

So it worked then you chose to not log in and now you can't play? Perhaps logging in may have something to do with it, but I'm in the dark here..

exalabur wrote: And also, when I look in the Task Manager, nothings there so there's NOT another "instance" running so it's IMPOSSIBLE to cancel it.

It's under the "processes" section, under the name "Sporeapp.exe".

I hear people saying that it worked the first time they installed it, but that's not the case I had. If anyone was able to play the first time and DID NOT install EA's download manager, could you describe the events that led after succesfully playing to the error, that could maybe shed some light on this. I chose to install EADM at the first install, and heard there are problems with spore and it, maybe that's a factor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 21:05:16

linkohki

Microbe

still having the problem, did install EADM when i installed spore

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: