The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
I lost my CD key, how can I get a replacement?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Please note that if you have successfully installed Spore and connected to the Internet while playing you may be able to contact support at 866 543 5435 USA toll free or via help.spore.com and request your key.

I lost my CD key, how can I get a replacement?
alt search text: I lost my serial number , I lost my registration number, I lost my registration key
Source: http://help.spore.com/cgi-bin/easpore.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20745

Answer

If you meet one of the following criteria, you can send a request along with a nominal fee to Electronic Arts for a replacement serial number.

* The product is 90 days past the purchase date
* The original serial number has been discarded or lost

When sending a request for a replacement serial number, please include the following:

* A money order for $10.00 USD (per serial number requested) made payable to Electronic Arts.
o Note: If you are requesting serial numbers for a collection pack, the $10.00 USD fee will cover numbers for all of the games included in the package.
* The proof of purchase page from your manual (If you no longer have the manual, include one of the game disks as verification of ownership.
o Note: If sending a disk as verification, please send it using a traceable method as Electronic Arts is not responsible for products not in its possession.
Explanation of the situation
* First and Last Name
* Return Address
* E-mail Address
* Phone Number

Mailing Address:
Electronic Arts Warranty Department
9001 N I-35 Suite 110
Austin, TX 78753

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/14/2009 17:23:13

Darkov

Civilized Sporeon

What if i live on the other side of the world?

I am an atheist. I do not believe that there is a scientific need for a god. Science explains things just fine. If you agree, copy-paste this into your sig.
EA_Isledyr

Administrator

Hi Darkov,

If your game was registered you can go to http://support.ea.com, click My Account, then My Games. After you have logged in, you can go to the My Games tab and it should have your key there.

If it was not registered, you will need to obtain a new code as stated above.

-Issy-

Darkov

Civilized Sporeon

After i press my acc, then my games, then i can't find a My Games tab.

I am an atheist. I do not believe that there is a scientific need for a god. Science explains things just fine. If you agree, copy-paste this into your sig.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

I so Darkov you have not registered any games.

Darkov

Civilized Sporeon

How to register my Spore? When i checked both lists of games i didn't found spore in PC.

SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

I checked with an EA person--at the moment you can't, although I think this is an oversite they are trying to fix. So the advise to check about registering it isn't useful, yet.

th155

Civilized Sporeon

Hiding under a rock, afraid of playing spore unless i get addicted again...

With the money order at the top of the page, why don't i just go out and buy a new one?

My Profile

THIS is why we need an off topic section.

Image is clicky! Please join the RP, the most planed out one i've ever done.

All of my creation smileys that are not yellow. Oh they are also a link to the creations.
Darkov

Civilized Sporeon

Because that is 8 times less money....

CubeTubeMan

Civilized Sporeon

would sending a traceable method of the disk just be sending my copy of the game, or do i have to do something to it?

<--for future use
Thanks to Bwnci for sig! Please refrain from being stupid. And calling me cubetube. Cube works
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

The traceable is in reference to mailing--you want to sending something you can track, as EA is not going to take responsibility for lost mail.

dreamweaver1999

Microbe

My case is a little different, I have my Key but my CD is gone, I can't find it anywhere. Is there a way to download spore so that I can put the key in? I contacted Cust. supp. for the key as Spore was held on my ext hard drive and was knocked over by my cat and nothing is recoverable.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Ownership of a physical disk of Spore does not currently give you rights to a digital download copy. If someone else loaned you a disk and you used your serial number to reinstall that would probably work okay.

nukethedolphins

Microbe

Darkov wrote:How to register my Spore? When i checked both lists of games i didn't found spore in PC.

I'm looking directly at my confirmation email stating I've registered my game yet I do not see a "my games" option either.

This is seriously annoying. Classic EA if you ask me. Whats the point of registering if you can't at least get your key when you lose it? Junkmail?
warmslime

Spacefaring Sporeling

nukethedolphins wrote:
Darkov wrote:How to register my Spore? When i checked both lists of games i didn't found spore in PC.

I'm looking directly at my confirmation email stating I've registered my game yet I do not see a "my games" option either.

This is seriously annoying. Classic EA if you ask me. Whats the point of registering if you can't at least get your key when you lose it? Junkmail?

If there's nothing on the email, there's another way of accessing it, read EA_Isledyr's post (scroll up a little)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2009 14:12:10

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: