The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How to ally with the Grox. *spoilers*  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

Okay I see this alot in the forum, so I want to make a "how to" topic about it.

Firstly you need to get the level 10 space stage badge, the Omnipotent badge.
This makes it so when you first contact the Grox they will allow you to talk to them.
Now for relationship, dont destroy ANY of their ships, it will make them a tad bit more angry, but if you do by accident you can still ally with them, so no harm.
Remember to turn your autoturret off, and tell all your allied ships to leave, if you dont know how to do this...than you are a noob.
For the first part of the Grox, do at least five missions for them at request, this improves relations.
Then run around their planets using the Super Happy Beam, this makes them happy as well, and its possible to get a +20 or +30 (in some cases) relations boost with them if you use this "friendly tool".
A huge boost in relations for them involves blowing up planets nearby in neutral or alien controlled space(not the grox). This can give you a +50 boost if you do it all five times. I only did it three times, I think.
Now, also give them five gifts of 100,000. This gives you a +10, also helpful.
You also get a +10 for them meeting you as a gracious super power, I am not so sure what that is, but if you dont have it, you can still ally.
Once you reach the Blue smiley for them. Get 3 trade routes with 3 of their systems, this will get you a +30.
Now with this and other parts combined you should be able to get them into the green smiley, thus resulting in an alliance if you with.
Remember to never destroy their ships, steal their items, and anything else mean. They hate that alot.
Side effects of the alliance include the ENTIRE galaxy hating and going to war if you come into contact with any races. However, I rarely get attacked, and actually haven't gotten attacked at all so far, so possibly a fear AI factor.
Rewards include a nifty secret space badge,(The badge is Dance with the Devil.) and being allied with the most powerful race in the game, woot!

Also, the allied ship you get following you around is insanely buff.
erzengel wrote:
Also, Gracious Greeter comes from being friendly in the tribal stage.
This gives a +10 for the gracious super power part, and being religious in the civ stage might help I think.
Some other notes.
Having a Grox ship in your fleet is like having the powers of God with you.
You can trade with the Grox and buy their planets, thus having the ability to construct Grox buildings when you buy the planet, since you will have a grox city now. You can build with non-ascessible items in a sense.

Its also possilbe to have even better relations with the Grox, supposedly if you have a very long alliance with them.
This hasnt been fully proved yet though.

TY Groxinator.

PICS

One of the pics shows you my alliance points with the Grox, so you can get an idea on what to do.

This message was edited 14 times. Last update was at 11/27/2008 04:15:15

aim icon [MSN]
chaosbote

Microbe

thnx and whats the badge( i might do that with my other creatures, and if i like it all of them)

TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

The badge is Dance with the Devil.
thanks for reminding me.

aim icon [MSN]
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

Oh yeah, make sure you complete missions quickly as well and dont venture too much in their territory. It is wise to have a colony nearby so you can repair yourself all the time. The grox mission give you tons of money, so now worries about costs.

aim icon [MSN]
erzengel

Multicellular

I'll have to try on another save, the Grox kinda hate me
BTW, it's Omnipotent, which means "all powerful", as in "God is omnipotent and omnipresent".
Also, Gracious Greeter comes from being friendly in the tribal stage.
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

Lol, thank you so much for that, I'll add some of it to the post. Thanks.

aim icon [MSN]
Hmuda

Microbe

Well, I jsut made it as well, but I thought that I'll get an achievement instead of a badge.

[WWW]
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

I thought so too, but nope, just a badge.
It does get you to the center alot more easily though.

aim icon [MSN]
Hmuda

Microbe

...and give you a buttload of enemies (in other words, the entire freaking Galaxy).

I'll reload, blue is enough for me, that will keep them off my back.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/2008 20:37:19

[WWW]
niklas92

Multicellular

This should be stickied! all in favor of say "AYE!" Good job Angel
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

Well I had them blue and they attacked me still, others say they dont so I dunno.
I saved before I allied with them, went to the center, went back to the main menu without saving, so I at least got the achievement.
But thats if you dont want Grox buddies.
Thanks Niklas.
^_^

aim icon [MSN]
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

Am I allowed to bump once? This is important,lol.
Gets those questions answered.

aim icon [MSN]
Zstar20

Civilized Sporeon

Im not that close to them . but with my empire I am going to try and conquer most of their planets to expand my empire.
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

Now that is a goo idea and all, but the issue is, they will attack your planets all over the place, they are not easy to fight against. So terraform their planets to death.

aim icon [MSN]
LazerFish

Microbe

Is it possible to get your relationship with your normal allies so high that they don't turn against you when you ally with the Grox? Also, any way to keep your allies from attacking each other, to achieve galactic peace? (I just ignore the calls for help from allies fighting each other)

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: