The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Chloro Signatures - HAUNTED BY A [GHOST]  XML
Forum Index » Creator Corner
ghostofillusion

GalacticGod

omg guys, how did this get here

jellyman12

Civilized Sporeon

I know Ghost, strange

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Reverb325

Civilized Sporeon

I am just as confused. o_O
3DBlenderRender

MouthBreather

Hey! Stop reading this! You're still reading it. Stalker.

Some of the old folks are coming back to say hello, too, such as cwar.

This is actually legit.
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/iNKGraphicDesign
[WWW]
MaxxToron

Spacefaring Sporeling

Hey, can someone make me a wallpaper please? Here's the particulars:

I want this image:

Behind a picture of Jabba from the front.

And under Jabba, I want it to say "Fear the Jabba" in big letters.

You up for the challenge?

jellyman12

Civilized Sporeon

<3

ILovePie2

Civilized Sporeon

No more comments, apparently it is closed.
[WWW]
jellyman12

Civilized Sporeon

jellyman12 wrote:<3

GLAWX

Microbe

what happened to my box?

ddd9sh - Skype
ghostofillusion

GalacticGod

Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Everybody who is probably around who still cares about me and the shop has probably already left by now and gone on to different places. I know that I definitely have. But, I gotta leave like Bwnci did in Pinnacle Sigs about 2 years ago. Goddamn it, I feel old just saying that, because I remember that day like it was yesterday.

But if anybody who legitimately had fun in the Sporum forums like I did is coming back just to tie up loose ends or close the chapter, this is for you.

I apologize for how this place just sorted faded into obscurity. I really did have lots of fun here. Honestly, the fun I had was not because of the game of Spore itself, but because of the memories I've had meeting "strangers" online and then collaborating with them to create truly amazing works of art that just make people go "Wow!" or "That's so perfect, thank you so much!" It truly did bring a smile to my face, and it really did influence my life. Before I created my signature shops of Exalted Sigs and Chloro Sigs, I had a very hard time communicating with people. Now, after all these experiences, I can say that the Spore forum was truly my cocoon in the metamorphosis into a beautiful human being. I've recently joined several community projects in raising funds for poor people as well as giving free work like babysitting to people who need it. Collaborating with my peer ministers at church has become less of a chore and more of fun for me thanks to the Spore forum experience. And best of all, the 4 years of graphical experience I have gained from working here has already placed me in high standards in terms of application to art colleges in California. I can't thank you enough for that.

Bwnci wrote:Saying that, I'm outstanded with the talent floating about the forum now. I haven't gone far but ghostofillusion and your team are producing some truly fantastic stuff, I honestly question if we could compete. Seriously guys, some industry standard quality work over there. I can only recommend that you all try to develop a signature style of your own now. It looks as if you've all studied (and mastered) countless tutorials, but one persons work doesn't stand out from the others. I fear that if we threw all your work into a bag I wouldn't be able to pick ghost from jelly. I know you use what works but I think almost all of you are ready now, to use your knowledge and understanding to be freer with your work.

Bwnci... this paragraph of text has stuck with me for almost 2 years now. And honestly, I really have become to develop my own style. Not just in graphic art, but in doodling and drawing as well. Physical art too. This paragraph of becoming my own style has shaped who I am today, and I cannot thank you enough for that.

But now, I think it is time to lay this beautiful shop to rest. We never reached 1000 pages, which kinda sucks, but life goes on. I could read the archives of this thread for days on end and never get bored. If you even want to get back in touch with me, to say "Hi" or "Hey how are you doing?" then just visit my personal blog or follow me on Twitter.

Peaces.

SUMMER OF 2014 EDIT: I have no clue why I'm back here again. I can't believe I wrote the above post almost one year ago. There's a lot going in my life right now and if you wanna talk about it, just friend me on Facebook or message me on Twitter. I swear, being on here has made talking to so-called "strangers" a lot easier. Never let your dreams die out. Your dreams WILL change and that's okay! Set personal goals for yourself and be happy when you reach them. Give yourself something to look forward to today and tomorrow.

And if you're feeling down, one of the best methods of re-inspiring yourself and viewing a time when you are happy. Well, even if you're inspired and wanna keep going on an inspiration train, look at a time when you were happy.

I guess that's why I come here a lot.

I'll see you all next year, I guess.

-Ramon

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/21/2014 14:57:25

ghostofillusion

GalacticGod

Sorry for the double post...

Jk, the last post was made 2 EFFING YEARS AGO, what am I saying??

It's 2015! We were talking about messaging boards in my Computer Science class... and then I remembered "there was a message board I used to go on a lot, many years ago". And here I am. Going on the longest walk down memory lane of my life.

I hope I'm not the only one who still does this. Dem, MKC, Reverb, Glox, cwar, Zar, Delta, Marky, Catt, Drew... anyone. If you're reading this at the moment, you're probably here for the same reason as me; we wanna know what happened to everyone.

Well here's my story. I had to eventually stop paying for Photoshop... too expensive. Reality of life kicks in. But the Sporum's influence will never leave me. Reading through the war with MKC and Reverb that happened 4 years ago, it highlighted something that I've always noticed about myself: style. Everyone has their own style. Respect all the styles. Maybe even learn from other people's styles. Not just art, signatures, creation making, whatever! It's all about you! No one can stop you, so do you boo!

Also, the OP looks super ugly now... ew. I wish I could go back and reupload everything to Imageshack and make Chloro effing Signatures look like it did in it's glory years, but it's fine. The shop now has a vintage look to it now. It's like when you go through an abandoned school yard and all the memories start flowing back to you, even when you can't see them. It's like the OP! The banners are all gone, but you can just imagine...

So many people have come and gone through this shop, people I looked up to, like Bwnci, world_piece, Dem, G3NJI, Elec, Clouded... I even had the honor of some of them working under me. Not as employees, but as friends, in a union just celebrating our love of signatures/tags/whatever you wanna call them.

If you guys ever wanna contact me, just find my Twitter or Facebook or Steam or anything. I'm sure someone on here has it. Or even PM me on here! Hopefully the busy University of California life doesn't keep me from being too busy. God, I started this shop when I was in 8th grade. Now I'm nearing the end of my freshman year in college. Doesn't time just fly by?

I don't even know how to conclude this other than,

I guess I'll see you all when I decide to post again.

~Ghost/Ramon

Michael042296

Civilized Sporeon

You know what? I feel like this is as good a place as any to do a little talking and catching up. So here goes.

Lets start with a little recap of what you may or may not know.
Before Spore, i was always either drawing or gaming in my free time. When Spore came around, it took the creative place of drawing for me. I guess i am really only able to devote creative energies to one place at a time... Anyways, so my creative thoughts and energies continued to be used up through Spore. A few years go by and what do you know, i am a veteran of the editors. I Joined BAU on the first day of its creation and I was an active member of its community for a very long time. I spent a lot of my free time in chat rooms at this point. Just talking with the guys from BAU. Eventually Minecraft came around and it took the creative place of Spore for me. I started building and i built a lot.

During my time on the Sporum, it was normal for people to drop off of the face of the Earth here and there. Every once in a while, a face would just stop appearing. A couple of years back, I was one of those faces. Somewhere along the line, i just stopped showing up. The Spore community of BAU stuck together through Minecraft but that started to fade after several years as well. People started to drop off from the community here and there. After time, i stopped showing up in the normal chat room and used the server's chat as a substitute. This was probably the determining factor for my separation from the BAU community. Enough time passed, and once again, i was one of the faces that stopped coming.

That would be the brief recap leading up to my self alienation from the community. From this point forward, i mostly just spoke to proper and Psh over steam. I suppose it was a matter of laziness. Without a proper chat box in frequent use, it was just easier to talk to one person at a time.

I started to draw again, and i drew all the time. It is amazing at how much things like Spore or Minecraft can indirectly improve your ability to draw (not to mention your ability to think creatively). I went to pre-college at the California College of Art and Design in Oakland. A course in Game Design. I then spent my senior year of high school waiting in anticipation to get to the metaphorical starting line in the race that is life. I drew daily but not nearly as much as i would have liked.

Fast forward to last summer and i was spending most of my time studying figure drawing. Fall hit and it was my first quarter of college at my local community college. Since that quarter, I have spent nearly all of my existing time in the Art Department. I am an art major and a work study there and spend absolutely any free time i have drawing. I have amassed about 400-500 drawings since Fall. My work has improved ten fold since one year ago and i continue to improve. This quarter i have sent out a number of applications to colleges as a transfer student.

After i get my undergrad i plan on going into the entertainment industry and working my way towards becoming a concept artist.
To that end, this next year I may stay in Washington state or i may end up in Oregon, California, Florida, New York, or Massachusetts.

And here i am now. I am sentimental about Spore and the Spore community to say the least... I often think back to the skills i learned through Spore and the community that I miss on here. I suppose it must be like that for a lot of us. Looking back, you can't help but miss the older days on the Sporum. Yet here a lot of us are today.

It really is funny isn't it. That by chance, so many of us would come back here to check on things within weeks of each other when none of us have been active here in so long (although, i am also amazed that a few of the guys have managed to stay active on here!(which is something i kind of envy)). Like i said at the start of this. This is as good a chance as any to talk and catch up. So why not start a chain. We can bathe in nostalgia for just a little longer!

instagram.com/reltcstone
[WWW]
alexbiri

Civilized Sporeon

The nostalgia threads... they strike again... Grab a shield, feels inbound.

[WWW]
MotionBlyr

Microbe

So I heard ya like sigs >.>

On a side note,
PM me for facebook
PM me for Twitter
MarkyDMan is my skype
MotionBlyr is my common username on all games now, and it's pretty unique

It'd be pretty cool to have a catch up session with you guys, Skype + games or something I don't know

Peace out,

Mark

EDIT: Hey look, it's logged me in as my alt Crazy times....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/30/2015 16:17:51

jellyman12

Civilized Sporeon

<3

Forum Index » Creator Corner
Go to: