The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How to Retrieve Your Game's Registration Key/Serial Number in Windows  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
uroker2010

Civilized Sporeon

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:
uroker2010 wrote:Most people would be smart and write their code down in a note book and always have it somewhere when they need it for re-installing every time. Then they wouldn't have to waste time calling EA.

Or just keep the manual in the case with the disk.

exactly!!!!!

Spore is up to originally up to 4 discs.
1.C&C: Spore creature creator starter kit (disc)
2.Spore (disc)
3.Spore Creepy & Cute expansion (disc)
4.Spore galactic adventure expansion (disc)
5.Spore Botz expansion. (Dr pepper promo) (download)
6.Dark injection expansion version 7.0.8 mod. (thanks to davopotomus)
Note: I know what all made it to an actual retail disc. (Yes I do keep track of what comes out)
what not made it to disc for PC and console?

If you can't respect me. I can not respect you. respect is earned not given (Agreed)

Nothing is impossible till proven!!!
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
EPICFAILSARECEWL

Microbe

Im trying to use this to re-install my spore, But this folder is missing (The One Thats Bolded)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-SOFTWARE
--Wow6432Node
---Electronic Arts
----EA Games

I hope I can get this fixed somehow...
Or I wont be able to reinstall spore.

lolz
IM THE KING OF SP-*gets hit by flying spikeball*WHO THREW THAT?*sees spore guy with spikeballs*kazoonain,ATTACK!
sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

Give License Crawler a try: http://www.klinzmann.name/licensecrawler.htm

;
[Email]
apoxolis

Microbe

i have lost my spore cd key and i just whiped my computer back to the factory settings is there anyway i can find out my key with just my serial number on the game covers???
sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

apoxolis wrote:i have lost my spore cd key and i just whiped my computer back to the factory settings is there anyway i can find out my key with just my serial number on the game covers???

apoxolis, do you have the manuals? The numbers on those are your key. Key and serial number are the same thing.

Alternatively, since you already have the games registered on your Spore.com page, you might be able to download them through Origins and skip entering the serial number entirely (not sure about this, as I've never used Origins myself). If nothing else, you can call EA's customer service number or use their online chat and the service rep should be able to look up your numbers for you.

;
[Email]
ashyash96

Microbe

sockhopper wrote:
Someone lost his registration key in another recent post and someone else suggested calling EA's tech support or downloading a program to find the key for you. There is, however, a far less time consuming method for retrieving the key for nearly all games which require one and I figured I'd post it here for people to use. When you install a game that requires a serial code or a registration key, nearly every time that key will be stored in your computer's registry.

In order to gain access to your registry, you’ll need to follow these basic steps:

1. Pop open your start bar and hit "Run."
2. Enter the command "regedit" in the little bar. A new window will open with a bunch of folders called "Registry Editor."

Now that you’ve got the Registry Editor open, you’ll need to find a different set of folders depending on the operating system you’re using and whether or not you have a solid copy of the game or a downloaded version.

For Windows XP/Vista32 solid copy:

1. Find the folder that says HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Pop that open by clicking the little plus sign. More folders will appear.
2. Find the one marked "Software" and open that too. Again, more folders will appear.
3. Find the folder marked "Electronic Arts" in the new folders and open it.
4. Now find the folder marked “EA Games” and open it.
5. Now find the folder marked “SPORE(TM)” and open it.
6. There should be a folder marked “ergc” in there; that will have your registration key.

For Windows Vista64 solid copy:

1. Find the folder that says HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Pop that open by clicking the little plus sign. More folders will appear.
2. Find the folder marked “Wow6432Node” and open it.
3. Find the one marked "Software" and open that too. Again, more folders will appear.
4. Find the folder marked "Electronic Arts" in the new folders and open it.
5. Now find the folder marked “EA Games” and open it.
6. Now find the folder marked “SPORE(TM)” and open it.
7. There should be a folder marked “ergc” in there; that will have your registration key.

For Windows XP/Vista32 downloaded copy:

1. Find the folder that says HKEY _CURRENT_USER. Pop that open by clicking the little plus sign. More folders will appear.
2. Find the one marked "Software" and open that too. Again, more folders will appear.
3. Find the folder marked "Electronic Arts" in the new folders and open it.
4. Keep opening all folders in "Electronic Arts" until you come to one marked "spore_dd."
5. Open "spore_dd." Two folders should display. They will be marked "ergc" and "MemberName."
6. There should be a folder marked “ergc” in there; that will have your registration key.

In all cases, the registration key should appear under the data column when you click on ergc.

I’m not sure what the file path is for Vista64 with a downloaded copy. If anyone knows, please post it here and I will update the main post.

"I tried all of these it pulls it up but it doesnt let me open the spore file what do i do??"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/24/2012 05:15:39

ashkelon

GalacticGod

@ashyash96 :: Those won't let you open Spore, those are ways to get the registration number for your software.

The windows registry is a place where windows stores special program values (like keys) that are needed when you run the program.

If you need the key to reinstall, you are in the right place. If you are having a problem starting the game, that's a different path.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

AbbyG

Microbe

Excuse me, But I am having troubles..
I lost my code a long time ago, and I followed the advice you said; When I went to login, I had to reset my password, after that it asked me to convert, or make a new account. . . Now on the ORIGIN Page, I click My account and there is no "My Games" Tab. . . Can you help me?

AbbyG

Microbe

And then, using the other help forum; http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/5198.page,
I followed the steps, but when I arrived at the "Electronic Arts" Folder, I do not have Spore in it. I believe this is due to uninstalling it before this, so I could re-install? Can someone help me?
jerrylee22

Microbe

Help! I have tried to reactivate a hundred times with two different codes but it won't except them! This is SPORE me off because I bought the darn game twice! HELP!
BloodSpike2000

Microbe

I seem to have lost my manual for C&C Pack and I have no idea what to do. On my other Spore page "Sonic 859" it says I have C&C but I don't know if that helps or not. Can someone tell me what to do?!
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

If you are trying to reinstall C&C but have lost the code, you may need to contact EA Customer Support and have them recover it. If the icon shows on your Spore profile (as you say it does), that means the code is saved to your account, so EA can recover it.

You could try downloading Origin (http://origin.com/) and see if C&C shows up for download in there, but that will probably not work, although if it does it will save you from contacting EA.

Kyle N // SporeMaster DOGC_Kyle
Volunteer Moderator // Not an EA/Maxis Employee

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help)

I can be contacted by email at: KyleN @live .ca or on Discord
Iceclaw488

Microbe

I bought a new computer, and I'm trying to install spore. I had already regestered and have an account and all that on my previous computer. I lost the serial number. I really want to start playing again, but can't. Is there any way to get my number back?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/2013 04:24:18

Emil101

Microbe

Ok. So i lost my manual (Where the serial number is), and then i got a new computer. But my old computer is still working and it has spore. Can i find out my serial number by using my old computer and then use it on this?
Superraptor

Spacefaring Sporeling

Did you follow the instructions a few posts above me?

Email pictures of cats to me at dopeydovah@gmail.com
[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: