The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Tribal Stage Help: I'm so lost..  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Krispin1979

Microbe

I am so lost in the Tribal Stage... I understood the ameba stage and understood the creature stage, as far as how to play, can someone guide me or help me on what I need to to to get the Tribal stage going???

I cant make friends with anyone...

GeorgeT93

Microbe

To make friends/allies with neighboring tribes, you'll need to build some instrument huts, then give members of your tribe a different instrument, so that you've got tribe members able to play each of the instruments available. Then, take your chief and musicians to a neighboring, neutral tribe and play 'simon says' to try and impress the other tribe's members. By 'simon says', what I mean is, when you get to the neighboring tribe with your chief and musicians, they other tribe will have though bubbles appearing over their heads to tell you which instrument they want to hear. Play the instrument they ask for in the though bubbles as they ask for them, and you'll be friends with them in no time. Hope this helps.
sneakysquirrel

Multicellular

If they are not neutral you can give them gifts...he forgot to mention that ;p.
istaraa

Microbe

Just something to add: I got the wrong idea that the chief was supposed to equip them with instruments. The chief can't even use instruments. You need to have the tribe member selected, then click the relevant instrument hut.

What bugged me about this level was that all the controls seemed reversed from the previous level. Creature was such an easy, fun, intuitive stage. Suddenly you get to Tribal and it's all Right Click (why?) instead of Left Click, and none of the movement or camera controls seem to work the same. There's even some hellish two button combination to do one camera move (why?).

I can't help wondering if a completely different set of ergonomically challenged programmers designed Tribal level than those that worked on Creature. I'm playing for the second time now and I was amazed at how easy Creature is to navigate than Tribal or Civilisation. Haven't really got into the Space stage yet.
GeorgeT93

Microbe

sneakysquirrel wrote:If they are not neutral you can give them gifts...he forgot to mention that ;p.

I completely forgot to mention that. That's what happens when I start posting before having coffee lol.
gplay

Microbe

istaraa wrote:Just something to add: I got the wrong idea that the chief was supposed to equip them with instruments. The chief can't even use instruments. You need to have the tribe member selected, then click the relevant instrument hut.

I totally did this too. It took me forever to figure out what I was doing wrong (trying to get the chief equipped with things) and I was sooooo frustrated!

istaraa wrote:What bugged me about this level was that all the controls seemed reversed from the previous level. Creature was such an easy, fun, intuitive stage. Suddenly you get to Tribal and it's all Right Click (why?) instead of Left Click, and none of the movement or camera controls seem to work the same. There's even some hellish two button combination to do one camera move (why?).

Ditto.
esch

Multicellular

krispin1979 wrote:I am so lost in the Tribal Stage... I understood the ameba stage and understood the creature stage, as far as how to play, can someone guide me or help me on what I need to to to get the Tribal stage going???

Tribal stage is simple... as in SIMPLE. You either befriend other tribes or you destroy them. No other strategy involved unfortunately.
MrRogersHasAGun

Multicellular

I just killed everyone in sight.

Why so cereal? Cerealy, why? Tell us!
Expansions are a company saying "We didn't feel like putting this in, now pay us $20 to have it!"
"Whoever said that the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons" - General Douglas McArthur
Hey, guess what? I'm "multi-cellular"! So instead of being a useless cell I'm TWO useless cells!
utaelilya

Microbe

This is how you do...

1st get a axehut
2nd AXEINATE THEM !!!!
CainoMDK

Multicellular

krispin1979 wrote:I am so lost in the Tribal Stage... I understood the ameba stage and understood the creature stage, as far as how to play, can someone guide me or help me on what I need to to to get the Tribal stage going???

Why do you want to make friends? Kill them all... Is the best method

xmadix

Microbe

I found that the best way to defeat a tribe was to have all the men you can, wait until they attack you, kill the incoming ones off and then send your entire tribe to their tribe and kill those people. Then whack the heck out of their main hut. Dont worry if people come to steal your food, its easy to get.
Rush430

Multicellular

Tribal stage is when the game suddenly turns into an RTS without any warning. Now you're controlling each tribe member individualy instead of just controling one and (maybe) gathering a posse to follow you.

Either kill off or befriend all the other tribes so that no one will impede your tribe's development, and you pass the stage. georget93 (#2 post) did a good job explaining how to ally with other tribes. To actualy destroy a tribe you have to destroy their chieftan's hut as well as the members.

That's enough to get started, come back if you have more specific questions.

"May our races never have cause to blow each other up."
-Gribben Diplomat

"Try not to think of it as an army. Try to think of them as a large collection of targets."
-Giftschlange Tactician

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Rush430
[Yahoo!]
89joebay89

Microbe

well im in the tribal stage and i want to make more little creature thingys and it says i have to make a larger hut

PLZ HELP!!!
DarthDoggie

Multicellular

Rush430 wrote:Tribal stage is when the game suddenly turns into an RTS without any warning. Now you're controlling each tribe member individualy instead of just controling one and (maybe) gathering a posse to follow you.

Either kill off or befriend all the other tribes so that no one will impede your tribe's development, and you pass the stage. georget93 (#2 post) did a good job explaining how to ally with other tribes. To actualy destroy a tribe you have to destroy their chieftan's hut as well as the members.

That's enough to get started, come back if you have more specific questions.

To call the tribal stage an RTS is an insult to the genre. Sort of like aoe3.
mightymushroom

Multicellular

On the topic of the original question of how to make friends:

Wearing Social clothes makes your musical concert much more impressive. Tthe tutuorial explains how to change your tribe's clothes. Make sure you are wearing at least one item with a high Social bonus. Go back to your hut and check it again after allying each village because you'll get new options.

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: