The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

R6025 -pure virtual function call Runtime Error  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
blagher

Microbe

I've been trying to fix Spore, or at least get a response from one of you, for about five days now. I finally got tired of playing nice and tried sending a ticket directly to you, but apparently you didn't feel it necessary to make that action actually work. So now I'm back to these "help" forums. For the third, and last, time Spore would crash every time I used my Staff of Life. While following the forums instructions on how to resolve this issue, Spore would no longer start, it gave me the following error:

Runtime error!

Program:...Files (x86)\ElectronicArts\SPORE\SporeBin\SporeApp.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

After a long run around of more "solutions", I've made it back to this point. Suffice it to say either give me direct assistance on resolving this or give me my money back. I didn't pay to waste my time trying to debug someones program for them. I would thank you for your time, but as of yet you've given me none, so I'll consider thanking you when this is resolved...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/06/2009 19:48:38

MinionJoe

Spacefaring Sporeling

I've heard of this before, unfortunately I don't know of any solution.

Good luck getting your $$$ back though. I'd have done it by now and been long gone if it were possible.

Times MinionJoe Has Been Banned: 5 Times MinionJoe's Opinion Has Changed: 0
Draycen

Microbe

Yeeah I HAVE done it by now, gotten my money back and only look at these forums in disbelief that this game is still bugged to kingdom come.

readywhip

MouthBreather

Its still this bugged because new patches create bugs as fast as they remove them. I've never had trouble though. I haven't actually played since the release of patch 2 so I can't say i have no problems with it because i haven't tested it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/11/2008 22:03:37

mayhem2008

Multicellular

I had the same problem, but managed to get around it. Here's a list of things I did in NO particular order:

1) Download new drivers for my graphics card (uninstalled old one, installed new one)

2) Ran msconfig, went to Startup tab and deselected some stuff (windows defender and some 3rd party crap which didn't need to be running)

3) In game, reduced Graphic Cache Size to 512 MB, read somewhere that might help with crashes. Also deleted graphic cache files, there's a thread somewhere about his.

4) Deleted the package files so they could regenerate ( But DON'T delete EditorSaves.package ) There is a thread about this HERE.

5) Reset the galaxy by deleting the save folder Game0 and backup Game0.old. There is a good thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't seem to find it .

This thread maybe helpful too.

Can't remember what else i may have done, and there is no guarantee any of this will be helpful. Hope you get your crash issues sorted, good luck.

PS: I still get crashes on occasion but not from the Staff of Life.

blagher

Microbe

Thanks mayhem2008, the galaxy reset seems to have done it, although I don't know for sure yet. But even if it doesn't at last you actually tried. I'll re-post if I still have problems, other than Staff of Life of course. I'd much rather play a game without something than not play it. Thanks for the help.

Alright, everything works, even my old galaxy, thankfully. Although the actual species data didn't save, so it just gave me some random Maxis creature. But at least it works now. Anyways, thanks again. I really appreciate it, especially since you're not from EA, it's not your job to make this stuff work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/12/2008 04:47:07

evilmercenary

Microbe

that happened to me too.
thanks for the fix...

though, my planet has not reappeared and i have to start the game over again from the cell stage, i am happy that it is working.

i cannot install the creepy and cute pack though for some reason..... after entering the keycode, it accepts it, then goes straight to a message saying "spore creepy and cute parts pack did NOT install correctly, your system has not been modified."
i tried reinstalling spore, having different patches and everything, but nothing works for the packk install.

owell. will have to make do with the main game for now.
uncia

Microbe

i can't instal the creppy and cut because it says my system has not been modified yet how do i fix this plz help
SporeMasterKaliena

GalacticGod

uncia,

It sounds like you are having trouble installing the patch, which may not be related to this thread you posted in. Please see this thread's first page for common troubleshooting with the patch:

Patch Errors and Troubleshooting
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/9026.page

Horo-Wise-wolf

Microbe

i must say... im realy disapointed in maxis for realeasing the game while it was so bugged.. i to love the game with all my heart and have come across this issue just a whie ago. and i find it part of my responisibility as a member of The Unsanctioned alliance to debug everything i come across and make the fix public knowledge. This was a very simple fix for me. though i have no idea where or how the error ocurred or why, but a simple system restore to a period shortly before the error will fix everything and you will even maintain your galaxy and your creation
Eposic

Microbe

I had the same problem but i found a solution!:

Delete the entire EA folder and then reinstall spore
Chiller135

Microbe

I had the same error. I installed the game and started it - So far the game worked. But I wanted to play my old savegame, so I copied my savegamefolder "Game0", that I still had somewhere, into %appdata%/SPORE/Games. Then just after trying to start the game, the screen blacked out and the error occured. So I deleted my savegame, started the game and, as it suggested, updated it to version 1.05.0001. After that, I tried to recover my savegame again and this time it worked without causing an error.
Falcon795

Microbe

I know how to fix this it wont work for all most likely BUT i opened run Typed in %appdata% found spore right clicked and deleted the folder launched it again (took like 2 minutes) and voila it works!! (Do not get the patch it says to BTW)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/21/2016 05:07:31

DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Falcon795 wrote:I know how to fix this it wont work for all most likely BUT i opened run Typed in %appdata% found spore right clicked and deleted the folder launched it again (took like 2 minutes) and voila it works!! (Do not get the patch it says to BTW)

You're talking to the dead.

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

DarkMagickan wrote:
Falcon795 wrote:I know how to fix this it wont work for all most likely BUT i opened run Typed in %appdata% found spore right clicked and deleted the folder launched it again (took like 2 minutes) and voila it works!! (Do not get the patch it says to BTW)

You're talking to the dead.

Not to mention proposing a solution which would prevent the game from successfully starting on some Windows 8+ machines, and completely wipe the save planets.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: