The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How do you make a good 2 legged creature that has good posture?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Creature Creator
Powermaniac7

Microbe

Okay I see all these awesome creatures that stand up like a human but I don't have a clue how to make a body that good. Like the ones made by G3NJI soz if spelt wrong anyway Its like really difficult to make a warrior type creature. So if anyone can help and give suggestions on how to make a cool creature please post thought. Also if you have a video link thats even better.

Thanks in advance Powermaniac7

I search for everything and anything that will give me more power. One day I will be invincible!!! Muahaha

What happened to the spore in the Will Wright demonstration yeah you know what i'm talking about maxis staff/Will Wright.
OneBlackbird

Spacefaring Sporeling

I've just started making creatures like the ones you describe. In order to learn how to make them, I simply deconstructed one of G3NJI's creatures and took a good look at the posture (spine orientation).

Didzo wrote:There are few things Blackbird enjoys more than the sweet taste of children's tears. This delicious nectar trickles down through the sphincter he calls a soul, giving a shadow of life to the hollowness within. It is the aroma of the deaths of innocence that keeps him lucid in his fetid void of existence. The soft, mournful cry of children is a lullaby to Blackbird as he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. For Blackbird, he is Worse than Hitler.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Powermaniac7

Microbe

yeah i've done that too but like even putting armor on to me ends up looking weird or just looks plain stupid. But I'm also talking about warriors that don't wear armor. But it would be good to know how to make cool armored warriors too.

I search for everything and anything that will give me more power. One day I will be invincible!!! Muahaha

What happened to the spore in the Will Wright demonstration yeah you know what i'm talking about maxis staff/Will Wright.
world_piece

Civilized Sporeon

Practice makes perfect.

OmegaArc

Civilized Sporeon

nothing that looks uncomfortable to you, beyond that I don't know

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/09/2008 07:05:48

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/OmegaArc

2nd generation
Add 1 to the above number and put in your sig as part of a Social experiment
Didzo

Spacefaring Sporeling

Feel free to check out my bipeds if you want... Some have good stances without looking dumb without armor. Link in sig.

~Illegitimis nil carborundum~

~Signature by G3NJI~----------------------------------------------------------The Ego has fed...
JohnnyPie

MouthBreather

I just drag the spine vertically, try to give it a bit of an "S" curve, and then eyeball the hipjoints and slide the feet to match the center of gravity. Does that make sense?

This guy:

actually took me a couple of hours just to tweak his posture. Getting the buttcheeks and the shoulders to look right took some effort, not to mention the limb proportions and overall balance. Maybe some practice with something like this would help you get an overall feel for bipedal anatomy and spinal/torso shaping.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/09/2008 14:57:41

CAUTION: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear:

I have a Learning Disorder. Please don't laugh
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
MechMaster

Multicellular

hmmm if you want to get better at the outfitter download some of Talk2myhand's creations he has some very good armored guys and for creature creator i would have to say G3NJI's newest guys they have exelent stances also he's got templates for them that all i can say the rest is up to you
P.S that sounded dumb

[WWW]
SporeMasterNumerator

Spore Master

Moving to Creature Creator.
[WWW]
TuefelHundenIV

Civilized Sporeon

I suggest looking at the skeletons of creatures by searching them online. YOu will begin to see how to put creatures together once you begin to understand the anatomy of real animals. that is only if you want to make traditional looking critters like anthropomorphs, humanoids, taurics, "realies" or what have you.

As some of the others have said, to make a biped that looks good you have to pay attention to the curve of the spine. Humans have an "s" curve to take pressure off of the vertabrae.

My bipeds tend to have a bit of a belly. I find that by curling a minimized set of vertabrae at the bottom, I can position the legs in a way that loos natural. Also, be aware that by using the scroll wheel between the sizing nodes of your limbs you can increase the muscle tone of the limb. My favorite limb to use for a biped is the callypigeon leg and the burly arm. Lizard like and birdlike bipeds will generally balance their bodies between the front and back with the fulcrum being their feet. This would also hold true for bipedal creatures which have a digitigrade leg and foot structure as opposed to a plantigrade structure like humans have. Also, some postures are more innefficient than others, signifying a behavior that is only partially bipedal, such as with a bonobo chimp or a hadrosaur dino. Spore will balance them based on feet and hands, but the fact that it looks like it should be obligatory biped or not really should be taken into consideration too. But rather than prattle on, let me show you some of my own bipeds so you can study them, and happy creating!

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-TuefelHundenIV|2263528880%3Asast-500166952370
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-TuefelHundenIV|2263528880%3Asast-500166771651
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-TuefelHundenIV|2263528880%3Asast-500091574215%3Apg-100
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-TuefelHundenIV|2263528880%3Asast-500082222286%3Apg-120
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-TuefelHundenIV|2263528880%3Asast-500071806403%3Apg-140

Powermaniac7

Microbe

thanks for the posts people I can't believe your still posting I thought it ended ages ago but O well. TuefelHundenIV you have good ideas but can you simplify the words please no offence but yeah don't understand a heap of those words. LOL

doktorf

MouthBreather

Powermaniac7 wrote:thanks for the posts people I can't believe your still posting I thought it ended ages ago but O well. TuefelHundenIV you have good ideas but can you simplify the words please no offence but yeah don't understand a heap of those words. LOL

Dude, the dictionary. It's your friend.

Tetrol

Microbe

Buy yourself a better office chair......
Powermaniac7

Microbe

LOL I like typing wrong. I'm just messing around and by the looks of things I got a response on writing wrong LOL.

TuefelHundenIV

Civilized Sporeon

er. . .ok. balance creatures the way you would want to be balanced if you were a human, or like a dinosaur or a bird. Bird legs and dino legs seem to be mostly balanced on the body (with some exceptions) so that the weight of the creature is the same in front of the legs and in back of the legs and it balances like a scale or a see saw. That balance can come from feathers or a huge tail, but it still should look as if the creature would be balanced.

Also, if you use alt to copy a limb by clicking on the second mod point, you can get a stump which can be used to make muscular details like pecks and glutes and breasts

That is how I got the legs to look correct and separated in this creature:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-TuefelHundenIV|2263528880%3Asast-500188206425

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/17/2008 20:13:47

Forum Index » Spore Creature Creator
Go to: