The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
HELP "the data directory is missing or corrupt. [1004]"  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
alx1105

Microbe

i keep getting this error when i try to run it

Could not find a needed package.
The data directory is missing or corrupt. [1004]

i have vista n i tryed reinstalling it several times still won't work i just bought game yesterday, was working fine at my brothers house where i was at, now that i'm home it won't work please help me
i tryed restarting n reinstalling
alx1105

Microbe

bump help
alx1105

Microbe

bump
alx1105

Microbe

can't even find out how to open it,
i'm going to sporeapp in folder sporebin(E:\spore)
theres a bunch of of spores but most only open a picture of the spore spinning thing rest just do nothing
alx1105

Microbe

help
Eekwotsthat

MouthBreather

OK probably not the best answer but all I can come up with after looking around:

SecuROM is not compatible with some deamon software (software that emulates DVD drives). You may have to disable them at startup.

Also are you installing as a normal user or as admin ?

Other than that I where have you installed Spore. Is it on the E drive and is that a hard disk ? Can you possibly install it on C: ? Can't see it making a difference but simply throwing ideas.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/03/2008 23:51:43

alx1105

Microbe

got it to work... i did a manual uninstall or something then reinstalled n some error 1010 came up then it worked after i closed the error report
RocknSqueel

Microbe

I have the same errors. "could not find the default preferences. the data directory is missing or corrupt [1004]. I have tried the manual install and I have installed it in the auto mode and I have used different directories. Each time I try to start it I get that message above and then it looks like the game is going to start but then I get the message "could not find a needed package. the data directory is missing or corrupt [1004].

My son got this game for Christmas and I have spent a few hours trying to get it to work but I can't.

Please help.

thanks,
pamsca

Microbe

I get the same message that the data directory is missing or corrupt. I have Vista so it also said I didn't have proper privileges.
Help too!
OneBlackbird

Spacefaring Sporeling

pamsca wrote:I have Vista so it also said I didn't have proper privileges. Help too!

If your Vista account is not set as the administrator, you will need to set it as that. I'm not sure how to go about doing that, as I'm still running Windows XP Pro.

Didzo wrote:There are few things Blackbird enjoys more than the sweet taste of children's tears. This delicious nectar trickles down through the sphincter he calls a soul, giving a shadow of life to the hollowness within. It is the aroma of the deaths of innocence that keeps him lucid in his fetid void of existence. The soft, mournful cry of children is a lullaby to Blackbird as he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. For Blackbird, he is Worse than Hitler.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
molsrulez

Microbe

Try opening the game from games explorer, or search SporeBin in Computer. I get that message only when I open Spore from the desktop or from Computer.
pamsca

Microbe

Hi, I've changed it to run as administrator and also tried loading it from the SporeBin. I've tried it several ways and it still won't let me get online.
ZMaster30

Microbe

pamsca wrote:Hi, I've changed it to run as administrator and also tried loading it from the SporeBin. I've tried it several ways and it still won't let me get online.

iIve had the same problem, Its says it is data is missing or corrupt. Then it goes to a blank screen like the game usually starts and then it shows up again!!!! Well i think it has to do with Spore creature creator. just saying..... Please someone help us!!!! I've uninstalled it twice already.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

ZMaster30,

Could you please try doing a package file regeneration: Package File Regeneration
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/0/4706.page#42185

You may also need to try just uninstalling and reinstalling.

GalacticSpace

Microbe

Did you install it on your brother's computer. If you did and tried to install it on your computer it won't work. That is because the key can only be used once on a computer.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: