The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Grox png?  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Blazinjackal

Microbe

Hi, I dont know if this should go in a different section or something, but can I get the png for the grox without the robo parts? I used to know how to download creatures from the sporepedia at spore.com, but I abandoned it for a while and forgot (doh!) It would be a great help. Thx.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
nightmeare

Multicellular

Sol solar system third planet from sol, Earth

png?

we started of as cells, then we grew legs and we became land creatures, we discovered fire and became a tribe, the tribe got too big so we started to get revolutionary thoughts and made a civilization, we created an intergalactical spaceship and went off to space where we are now
rate please

check out the people in the sporum's best creations!!! http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=srch-Smaragdievs%3Assc-500177173274
Blazinjackal

Microbe

I think thats what its called. Ive heard it before. The picture that you right-click and click "save image as" or whatever. Do you happen to have one?
Strategist

Civilized Sporeon

http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Grox_Image.png

Closest thing I could find.

(credit to Delta317 for FR sig)

Destroyers414

Multicellular

It's a file format. Takes a long time to load and is just a .jpg but not compressed.
Skymin

Multicellular

It is a very complex procedure that requires going into the games programming.

The Grox hack will allow you to play as the Grox creature or other creatures that are made of parts that do not allow you to save, therefore this is also a hack that allows you to bypass the save check (huge parts can be saved with this but revert to their original sizes).

1) Download Grox creature or the other creatures below to your desktop by right clicking on the image and selecting save image as.. This would be the creature you wish to play.
Download The Grox:

3. Select the stage you want to play at (has to be after creature stage, so the lowest level of game play would be tribal stage).

4. Choose your diet, I would suggest carnivore as the grox are carnivores. When you have the choice of creatures, click on the create your own.

5. You have to follow the next few steps exactly or this will not work.

You should first name the random looking blob creature.
6. Add a random head to the blob creature.

7. Save the creature you just made by clicking the SAVE button and not the SAVE AND EXIT button. YOU MUST DO THIS STEP OR YOU WILL NOT FIND THE RIGHT VALUE!

8. Open up Tsearch, select SporeApp.exe and search for the value: 0

9. Now remove the head from the blob creature.

10. Now refine the search for the value: 1024

11. Now refine the search a few times by adding random heads and removing them, just remember that if the creature has a head, no matter how many heads it has, the value should be 0 and not changing and if it has no heads (mouthless) it should be the value of 1024 and not changing. You should end up with one value after refining about 3 or 4 times. Add it to the right side of Tsearch by double clicking on it.

12. Make sure your blob creature has a mouth and freeze the one value you refined at 0 by clicking on the freeze button () above the value on the right side.

13. Now drag the Grox image file over the blob creature in the creation screen (same as loading the hacked creatures from the hacked creature section). It will ask you if you want to save your creature, you dont have to if you dont want to.

14. Now the Grox creature should be loaded.

15. Now you can click on the Save and Continue button, if you have done it right it will continue to the next step (if you get a message saying Creature Cannot Be Saved you should redo the searching for the value of 0 and 1024 with a new blob creature).

Link to website- http://www.sporebase.com/9.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Credit for the Signature goes to me~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image is a Link~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[WWW] [MSN]
Skymin

Multicellular

BUMP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Credit for the Signature goes to me~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image is a Link~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[WWW] [MSN]
Virakotxa

Civilized Sporeon

Thanks for that... Sounds awfully complicated to me, but nice to know... Need to googly Tsearch I bet.

Blazinjackal

Microbe

Ya thx but I meant a grox-like creature so I didn't have to do all of that. I made my own attempt and think its pretty good (if I do say so myself) but I see better ones on spore.com.

P.S. My whole problem here was that I forgot how to save the creature on the spore.com sporepedia. I forgot how to get to the image were you can save like that jpg. or whatever that type of picture is called.

BOTTOM LINE: How do you get to the picture were you can save the creature to your creations on the porepedia on spore.com????

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/31/2008 13:05:40

Virakotxa

Civilized Sporeon

Hmm... it would be the same image if you download from Sporepedia than the one that can be found on My documents/My Spore Creations/Creatures... If that's what you mean.

Blazinjackal

Microbe

How do you get to a picture of a creature like the grox pic Skymin gave me in this thread on spore.com?
HeinekenClock

Multicellular

Destroyers414 wrote:It's a file format. Takes a long time to load and is just a .jpg but not compressed.

PNG's are high detail quick loading images.

Nothing like jpg's. More like BMP's, but small.

Find, download and comment on my Grox wallpaper here!
(I spent time on it!)
Virakotxa

Civilized Sporeon

Blazinjackal wrote:How do you get to a picture of a creature like the grox pic Skymin gave me in this thread on spore.com?

You save the image as it is and you put it in the Creatures Folder.
Blazinjackal

Microbe

So it isn't a png? I don't know the difference. Anyway, whenever I try to save the pic of a creature that comes up on sporepedia, it comes up blank in the creatures folder. It only says "save background as" not "save image as". HELP I don't know exactly how to out it any simpler.
OptimusJ

Multicellular

HeinekenClock wrote:
Destroyers414 wrote:It's a file format. Takes a long time to load and is just a .jpg but not compressed.

PNG's are high detail quick loading images.

Nothing like jpg's. More like BMP's, but small.

And they have the alpha channel besides the red-green-blue, so you can have 256 levels of transparency, which by the way is how Spore stores data.

I learned my lesson. I am dull.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: