The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
[Hint] Why your spore is crashing.  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Gikon

Microbe

Ever wonder why your spore is crashing?
Simple: YOUR COMPUTER SUCKS.

Spore has never crashed for me..EVER..and I play the crap out of the game, I play it on all High, and all the SPORE time.... How does my spore not crash? My computer is above the max needed requirements.

So please people, Stop talking about spore crashing when it is not the games fault.
Freyar

MouthBreather

The Chelkan Empire would like to remind Contact Gikon that the software may just be lacking the rejection code that some other hardware configurations may have.

We are sure that once you find a configuration that you own that does not work, we will be hearing the same.

Gikon

Microbe

The Nivid Empire sends there Planet Busters along with a pretty message saying "Bish, I always have top of the line computers in my lab. Also it is only the softwars fault if the user messes with it, and/or gets viruses. If there hardware is lacking (like most of the ones i have seen here) they will crash their software and hardware. Do not blame maxis."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/2008 05:15:33

Freyar

MouthBreather

Gikon wrote:The Nivid Empire sends there Planet Busters along with a pretty message saying "Bish, I always have top of the line computers in my lab. Also it is only the softwars fault if the user messes with it, and/or gets viruses. If there hardware is lacking (like most of the ones i have seen here) they will crash their software and hardware. Do not blame maxis."

Unless your empire has tested many different configurations, decompiled bug reports, and log dumps, I am afraid that the Chelkan empire cannot believe your claim.

Gikon

Microbe

freyar wrote:
Gikon wrote:The Nivid Empire sends there Planet Busters along with a pretty message saying "Bish, I always have top of the line computers in my lab. Also it is only the softwars fault if the user messes with it, and/or gets viruses. If there hardware is lacking (like most of the ones i have seen here) they will crash their software and hardware. Do not blame maxis."

Unless your empire has tested many different configurations, decompiled bug reports, and log dumps, I am afraid that the Chelkan empire cannot believe your claim.
I have no need to test, None of the good computers of the empires I know have came to any problems. Thus my claim stands in my sector of the galaxy.
Shadrack

Microbe

Gikon wrote:Ever wonder why your spore is crashing?

Shame on me for having a laptop that runs it at 1440X900 with AA and 60 fps.

Aye, I'm running a non-standard config. (Read: Laptop) It's probably
something they didn't bother to check against in their labs when they
were debugging. The fact I see a lot of people reporting similar problems
makes me wonder if there's a underlying pattern to the crashes.

(survey says: Probably)

[ ...and I doubt it's that we're all running well-geared laptops ]

It'll likely get fixed in the (inevitable) patch.

Does that help me now? Not really.

The game runs sweetly and smoothly on your rig? Congrats to you.
Don't tell me my system sucks, and throw ad hominem attacks when
you've never met me, never talked to me, and (given your post)
I think I'm ok if that remains the status quo.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/2008 05:25:59

strayth

Microbe

Spore has never crashed for me..EVER..and I play the crap out of the game, I play it on all High, and all the SPORE time.... How does my spore not crash? My computer is above the max needed requirements.

So please people, Stop talking about spore crashing when it is not the games fault.

Mine only crashed once, so obviously I agree. They could stand to mark up the code to help it stabilize, I'm not sure if it's the game engine or other routines in the app that conflict with Windows. But it's been pretty consistently reliable for me, obviously it's not the game.

The game is the control variable, in other words.

Sooner than later, they'll probably patch it up and that will help it work on systems that are being difficult.

Spore Wiki for your ease of reference. And here's the GameFAQ references.
Freyar

MouthBreather

Minimum:
2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]

System RAM
Minimum: 512 MB RAM (768 MB for Vista or built-in graphics)

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 [GeForce 6200 for Vista]+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ / Intel 950+)

The above are not exactly "High-End" Minimum System Requirements.

strayth

Microbe

freyar wrote:

The above are not exactly "High-End" Minimum System Requirements.

Certainly isn't; I've got a mid-range video card (I think anyway) and that's a 512 GeForce 8800, and 3g of ram but ram comes cheap. I forget my processor, I think it's 2.9 duo or something like that. I'm sure it just crashed on a bug, needed to be restarted, no biggy.

Though I wonder how tolerable the game is on those min reqs. Aside from the one crash, it runs smooth as silk on my computer and I was honestly assuming it wouldn't just cause it seemed so big.

Spore Wiki for your ease of reference. And here's the GameFAQ references.
Gikon

Microbe

Eh

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/2008 05:35:31

Freyar

MouthBreather

... The minimum requirements are minuscule, even a basic Empire should have no problem having the software to run. However, stability is not something that is as widespread as it should be.

Kaiysith

Microbe

You sir, are full of fail.

Spore has crashed on me multiple times, and my system is not even a month old. I built it a couple weeks ago, and runs everything I could possibly throw at it flawlessly. Except Spore.

Want my full specs?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Dual Core Brisbane 2.6GHz Processor
2GB A-DATA DDR2 800 Dual Channel RAM
500W Rosewil PSU
PNY Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E 2.0 DX10 Compatible
20X LITE-ON DVD-R/CD-R SATA
250GB Western Digital SATA Hard Drive (40GB partition reserved for Vista home 32 bit)
ASUS M3A78 Pro AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
Aaaand a cooling setup that keeps my entire system below 50C on full load.

It runs better than my boyfriends $2000 Alienware. Now then, whats this about sucky computers causing spore to crash? My computer is past the recommended requirements for games like Asassins Creed and Crysis.

So please, stop talking like you know anything about computers when it's obviously the games fault.
smarmy

Microbe

Spore DOES crash. I've just run into a consistent crash on one of my save games, which is most likely to do with poor city placement.
I played through cell->civ stage, or at least up to Civ. It crashes when trying to load into civ.
My assumption is that since my creatures never migrated (we were on a tiny continent) away from our coastal nest nestled up against a small mountain, that there isn't enough room for a full sized city.
Has nothing to do with my system, either, I run it just fine with all settings on high, and it IS consistent.
I had to give up on that game because of it.
StonedSmurfz

Microbe

It does crash lol not that bad tho.. had other new games be much much worse.. and its proberly vistas fault lol
n i got
AMD Phenom 9850 Quad
Geforce GTX 280
4GB ram
1TB of HDD Space
so aint my crapy puter..
tho ive only had it happen twice
zarithas

Microbe

stonedsmurfz wrote:It does crash lol not that bad tho.. had other new games be much much worse.. and its proberly vistas fault lol
n i got
AMD Phenom 9850 Quad
Geforce GTX 280
4GB ram
1TB of HDD Space
so aint my crapy puter..
tho ive only had it happen twice

You are a sad, sad individual. I swear, I want to say this is a troll, but if so, it's an innovative one.

Anyway, I have a Q9450, a 4870, and 4 GB of RAM. All of my drivers are completely up-to-date. I am crashing only in the space stage, and only on my home planet. Dozens of other people posted in the thread about it, and I'm sure there are hundreds of other users with the same problem.

The problem is not on our end. It's Spore's problem. If it's only happening on our home planets, and if it's happening to so many of us, then it can't just be something wrong with us.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/13/2008 06:24:02

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: