The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Banned Adventures - Finding out if your adventure is banned and how to solve it.  XML
Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Author Message
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11523
Location:
Where eggs are laid.

Offline

Krammekat wrote:
Sharples65 wrote:
ATGod12 wrote:Hey! I was hoping anyone might want to take a look at my newest adventure Listening To Lost Cries

I've gotten two reports from players that they couldn't get to play it, saying that "parts were missing". I uploaded it successfully and can see myself on the leaderboard though, so I'm really confused.

I took a long time making this, so if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.


If players are getting 'parts were missing' it means the shared creations were deleted, corrupted or they don't have the necessary (modded) parts for this adventure. I'll look into it now regardless.

Adventure is banned.

Message when trying to edit: Some creations in this adventure were banned.

Some creations will be replaced.


Checking adventure...

Following creations are replaced:

Creatures:
Everything has been replaced on all pages.

Buildings:
1st Column, 1st row.
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 3rd row.
1st Column, 4th row.
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 2nd row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.


Gameplay objects:

Page 1:
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.
2nd Column, 4th row.
2nd Column, 5th row.


Page 2:
2nd column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 2nd row.


Page 3:
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 3rd row.
1st Column, 4th row.
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.
2nd Column, 4th row.


Page 4:
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.
2nd Column, 4th row.
2nd Column, 5th row.


Page 5:
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 5th row.


The captain has been replaced. (If using an unlocked captain, always make it a Maxis creation since those cannot be replaced)

That's quite a lot of creations, if you'd like pictures to explain things a little better, let me know and I'll immediately get on it. I'd recommend reuploading everything of the above, now it will take a while, but we will get this sorted out for you. It will most likely get banned again because of the sheer number of banned creations, make sure you're using NO mods on those creations. Once you upload a creation, check on your account on Spore.com to see if the creation is actually there.

The adventures weren't actually banned. It's a glitch in the system caused by a couple of things that you can take to stop this glitch from happening:

1. Upload absolutely everything in the adventure before uploading the adventure itself. If you miss a couple of things when you go to upload the adventure and it prompts that you need to upload X creations, cancel the upload. And share the creations required for the adventure to be shared. Once they're shared, wait around 10 minutes. The reason for this is that Spore.com can sync the adventure properly, since it restarted a year and a half ago and has been bugged ever since. After 10 minutes have went by, upload the adventure.

2. Upload everything as soon as you create it.

ChocIce75 wrote:Please make sure that my beauty is safe. (Aquatic Stage)


Adventure is not banned.

Checking adventure...

Adventure has loaded correctly and nothing has been replaced.


Great! Thank you so much, I was really puzzled as to what the issue here was. I'll get straight to re-uploading all my creations, since it's probably gonna take a while. What you mean is I should remove them from the Sporepedia, then re-upload all the included creations before the adventure itself, right?
Again thanks a bunch for taking the time to do this. I'll probably have to return once I'm done, to get everything checked through again.


You don't have to remove the old creations from your Sporepedia. Just make sure you make new copies of them and put them in your adventure. When you finish creating them, always share them immediately.

[WWW]
Krammekat

Microbe

Joined: 10/29/2017 18:49:08
Messages: 58
Location:
The CRASH Hq

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:
Krammekat wrote:
Sharples65 wrote:
ATGod12 wrote:Hey! I was hoping anyone might want to take a look at my newest adventure Listening To Lost Cries

I've gotten two reports from players that they couldn't get to play it, saying that "parts were missing". I uploaded it successfully and can see myself on the leaderboard though, so I'm really confused.

I took a long time making this, so if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.


If players are getting 'parts were missing' it means the shared creations were deleted, corrupted or they don't have the necessary (modded) parts for this adventure. I'll look into it now regardless.

Adventure is banned.

Message when trying to edit: Some creations in this adventure were banned.

Some creations will be replaced.


Checking adventure...

Following creations are replaced:

Creatures:
Everything has been replaced on all pages.

Buildings:
1st Column, 1st row.
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 3rd row.
1st Column, 4th row.
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 2nd row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.


Gameplay objects:

Page 1:
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.
2nd Column, 4th row.
2nd Column, 5th row.


Page 2:
2nd column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 2nd row.


Page 3:
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 3rd row.
1st Column, 4th row.
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.
2nd Column, 4th row.


Page 4:
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.
2nd Column, 4th row.
2nd Column, 5th row.


Page 5:
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 5th row.


The captain has been replaced. (If using an unlocked captain, always make it a Maxis creation since those cannot be replaced)

That's quite a lot of creations, if you'd like pictures to explain things a little better, let me know and I'll immediately get on it. I'd recommend reuploading everything of the above, now it will take a while, but we will get this sorted out for you. It will most likely get banned again because of the sheer number of banned creations, make sure you're using NO mods on those creations. Once you upload a creation, check on your account on Spore.com to see if the creation is actually there.

The adventures weren't actually banned. It's a glitch in the system caused by a couple of things that you can take to stop this glitch from happening:

1. Upload absolutely everything in the adventure before uploading the adventure itself. If you miss a couple of things when you go to upload the adventure and it prompts that you need to upload X creations, cancel the upload. And share the creations required for the adventure to be shared. Once they're shared, wait around 10 minutes. The reason for this is that Spore.com can sync the adventure properly, since it restarted a year and a half ago and has been bugged ever since. After 10 minutes have went by, upload the adventure.

2. Upload everything as soon as you create it.

ChocIce75 wrote:Please make sure that my beauty is safe. (Aquatic Stage)


Adventure is not banned.

Checking adventure...

Adventure has loaded correctly and nothing has been replaced.


Great! Thank you so much, I was really puzzled as to what the issue here was. I'll get straight to re-uploading all my creations, since it's probably gonna take a while. What you mean is I should remove them from the Sporepedia, then re-upload all the included creations before the adventure itself, right?
Again thanks a bunch for taking the time to do this. I'll probably have to return once I'm done, to get everything checked through again.


You don't have to remove the old creations from your Sporepedia. Just make sure you make new copies of them and put them in your adventure. When you finish creating them, always share them immediately.


Alright, I've finished re-uploading, and replacing all the marked/red/banned creations in my adventure. I'm gonna wait 10min before publishing to let it sync like you said. Fingers crossed that there will at least be fewer red creations this time.

Krammekat

Microbe

Joined: 10/29/2017 18:49:08
Messages: 58
Location:
The CRASH Hq

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:
Krammekat wrote:
Sharples65 wrote:
ATGod12 wrote:Hey! I was hoping anyone might want to take a look at my newest adventure Listening To Lost Cries

I've gotten two reports from players that they couldn't get to play it, saying that "parts were missing". I uploaded it successfully and can see myself on the leaderboard though, so I'm really confused.

I took a long time making this, so if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.


If players are getting 'parts were missing' it means the shared creations were deleted, corrupted or they don't have the necessary (modded) parts for this adventure. I'll look into it now regardless.

Adventure is banned.

Message when trying to edit: Some creations in this adventure were banned.

Some creations will be replaced.


Checking adventure...

Following creations are replaced:

Creatures:
Everything has been replaced on all pages.

Buildings:
1st Column, 1st row.
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 3rd row.
1st Column, 4th row.
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 2nd row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.


Gameplay objects:

Page 1:
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.
2nd Column, 4th row.
2nd Column, 5th row.


Page 2:
2nd column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 2nd row.


Page 3:
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 3rd row.
1st Column, 4th row.
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.
2nd Column, 4th row.


Page 4:
1st Column, 5th row.
2nd Column, 1st row.
2nd Column, 3rd row.
2nd Column, 4th row.
2nd Column, 5th row.


Page 5:
1st Column, 2nd row.
1st Column, 5th row.


The captain has been replaced. (If using an unlocked captain, always make it a Maxis creation since those cannot be replaced)

That's quite a lot of creations, if you'd like pictures to explain things a little better, let me know and I'll immediately get on it. I'd recommend reuploading everything of the above, now it will take a while, but we will get this sorted out for you. It will most likely get banned again because of the sheer number of banned creations, make sure you're using NO mods on those creations. Once you upload a creation, check on your account on Spore.com to see if the creation is actually there.

The adventures weren't actually banned. It's a glitch in the system caused by a couple of things that you can take to stop this glitch from happening:

1. Upload absolutely everything in the adventure before uploading the adventure itself. If you miss a couple of things when you go to upload the adventure and it prompts that you need to upload X creations, cancel the upload. And share the creations required for the adventure to be shared. Once they're shared, wait around 10 minutes. The reason for this is that Spore.com can sync the adventure properly, since it restarted a year and a half ago and has been bugged ever since. After 10 minutes have went by, upload the adventure.

2. Upload everything as soon as you create it.

ChocIce75 wrote:Please make sure that my beauty is safe. (Aquatic Stage)


Adventure is not banned.

Checking adventure...

Adventure has loaded correctly and nothing has been replaced.


Great! Thank you so much, I was really puzzled as to what the issue here was. I'll get straight to re-uploading all my creations, since it's probably gonna take a while. What you mean is I should remove them from the Sporepedia, then re-upload all the included creations before the adventure itself, right?
Again thanks a bunch for taking the time to do this. I'll probably have to return once I'm done, to get everything checked through again.


You don't have to remove the old creations from your Sporepedia. Just make sure you make new copies of them and put them in your adventure. When you finish creating them, always share them immediately.


Alright, here's the re-uploaded adventure if you could check it out. Hopefully it works this time around - if not I'll get right back on it
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Krammekat%7C500997917499%3Asast-501053927470%3Aview-newest

Sharples65

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11523
Location:
Where eggs are laid.

Offline

Krammekat wrote:Alright, here's the re-uploaded adventure if you could check it out. Hopefully it works this time around - if not I'll get right back on it
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Krammekat%...ast-501053927470%3Aview-newest


Adventure is not banned.

Checking adventure editor...

Adventure has loaded correctly and nothing has been replaced.

[WWW]
Krammekat

Microbe

Joined: 10/29/2017 18:49:08
Messages: 58
Location:
The CRASH Hq

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:

Adventure is not banned.

Checking adventure editor...

Adventure has loaded correctly and nothing has been replaced.


So everything works now? It's all functional?

Oh my lawd, thank you so so much for this Sharples! You're a saviour man

Sharples65

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11523
Location:
Where eggs are laid.

Offline

Krammekat wrote:
Sharples65 wrote:

Adventure is not banned.

Checking adventure editor...

Adventure has loaded correctly and nothing has been replaced.


So everything works now? It's all functional?

Oh my lawd, thank you so so much for this Sharples! You're a saviour man


Yes, it should be functional. If you're not sure that your adventure is banned or not, just come here and I'll take a look at it.

I've raised this issue to the Maxis Administrator and so far, they said they would be looking into the information gathered from my 'trial and errors' and this thread. I believe the cause of the problem to be the datacenter shift in 2015. So hopefully their team can look into the datacenter.

[WWW]
Krammekat

Microbe

Joined: 10/29/2017 18:49:08
Messages: 58
Location:
The CRASH Hq

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:

Yes, it should be functional. If you're not sure that your adventure is banned or not, just come here and I'll take a look at it.

I've raised this issue to the Maxis Administrator and so far, they said they would be looking into the information gathered from my 'trial and errors' and this thread. I believe the cause of the problem to be the datacenter shift in 2015. So hopefully their team can look into the datacenter.


Awesome, I'll make sure to come back here if I ever encounter these problems again.

Even still, it's absolutely great to see that there's users helping each other out, the way you do! Hopefully we'll actually get some response from Maxis, but if not it's awesome that there's these kinds of threads!
Kudos man.

ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Joined: 10/14/2017 15:08:08
Messages: 567
Location:
Far away from the Sporums.

Offline

Please make sure that my crash-landing adventure is safe.

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11523
Location:
Where eggs are laid.

Offline

ChocIce75 wrote:Please make sure that my crash-landing adventure is safe.


Adventure is not banned.

Checking adventure editor...

Adventure has loaded correctly and nothing has been replaced.

[WWW]
zotobom

Microbe

Joined: 10/27/2010 10:48:13
Messages: 16
Offline

Someone said my adventure was banned?
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501054021683
Would like some confirmation, just to be sure!
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11523
Location:
Where eggs are laid.

Offline

zotobom wrote:Someone said my adventure was banned?
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501054021683
Would like some confirmation, just to be sure!


Adventure is banned.

Checking adventure editor...


Replaced creations

Creatures:
Column 2, Row 2
Column 2, Row 3


Vehicles:
Column 2, Row 3

Buildings page 1:
Column 2, Row 5

Buildings page 2:
Column 1, Row 1

Captain/Crew replaced? No.

Reupload the above.

Tips:
  • As soon as you make a creation, upload it to the Sporepedia immediately. Do not upload it with the adventure as that causes the ban glitch to happen more.

  • If you've forgotten to upload a creation when you got to share the adventure, do not share the adventure. Instead, share all creations that the adventure prompts you to. Once you do so, wait around 5-10 minutes, then share the adventure.

  • When using unlocked captains and crew, always make them Maxis creations. Maxis creations can never be replaced and it will reduce the chance of the adventure being banned. The creations can still be replaced even if they're unlocked.


  • If you need pictures to show you which creations have been replaced, let me know and I'll show you.

    [WWW]
    zotobom

    Microbe

    Joined: 10/27/2010 10:48:13
    Messages: 16
    Offline

    Sharples65 wrote:
    zotobom wrote:Someone said my adventure was banned?
    http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501054021683
    Would like some confirmation, just to be sure!


    Adventure is banned.

    Checking adventure editor...


    Replaced creations

    Creatures:
    Column 2, Row 2
    Column 2, Row 3


    Vehicles:
    Column 2, Row 3

    Buildings page 1:
    Column 2, Row 5

    Buildings page 2:
    Column 1, Row 1

    Captain/Crew replaced? No.

    Reupload the above.

    Tips:
  • As soon as you make a creation, upload it to the Sporepedia immediately. Do not upload it with the adventure as that causes the ban glitch to happen more.

  • If you've forgotten to upload a creation when you got to share the adventure, do not share the adventure. Instead, share all creations that the adventure prompts you to. Once you do so, wait around 5-10 minutes, then share the adventure.

  • When using unlocked captains and crew, always make them Maxis creations. Maxis creations can never be replaced and it will reduce the chance of the adventure being banned. The creations can still be replaced even if they're unlocked.


  • If you need pictures to show you which creations have been replaced, let me know and I'll show you.

    Oh boy that's bad. Thank you!
    zotobom

    Microbe

    Joined: 10/27/2010 10:48:13
    Messages: 16
    Offline

    Re-uploaded the creations but i'm not sure I did it right. Might be asking too much but if anyone could check if it works now i'd be enormously grateful:
    http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501054070350
    Sharples65

    GalacticGod

    Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
    Messages: 11523
    Location:
    Where eggs are laid.

    Offline

    zotobom wrote:Re-uploaded the creations but i'm not sure I did it right. Might be asking too much but if anyone could check if it works now i'd be enormously grateful:
    http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501054070350


    Adventure is not banned.

    Checking adventure editor...

    Adventure has loaded correctly and nothing has been replaced.

    [WWW]
    zotobom

    Microbe

    Joined: 10/27/2010 10:48:13
    Messages: 16
    Offline

    Put out another adventure but it doesn't have any leaderboard times yet so i'm slightly worried:
    http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501054088695

    Is there a way to check this myself so I don't have to bother you Sharples? Besides making a new account ofcourse.
    I hope it isn't banned because I shared all my creations separately and gave it ~5 minutes before I uploaded the adventure itself
     
    Forum Index » Adventure Corner
    Go to:   
     
    Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2018-08-14 15:53:40 ) JForum Team