The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Ancient Aliens: Real or Ridiculous?  XML
Forum Index » Science and Spore
Poll
do you believe the ancient aliens theory could be true?
Yes, the evidence seems compelling 15% [ 5 ]
Mabye, but some of it makes no sense 44% [ 15 ]
No, the entire idea in insane! 41% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 34
Galacticworld

Civilized Sporeon

What I'd like to know about that narrative is how could they see footprints in the snow. If its on a mountain with snow, then it is snowing. If it is snowing any footprints would vanish very quickly.

Other than that all you have to go on is a piece of metal discovered 40 years later thats probably totally unrelated, radiation on the bodies which could be true or not and orbs in the sky which in that part of the world the sky is so clear that you easily see flying balls of light which are in actual fact satellites.

I see people here jumping to conclusions but nobody actually saw anything of what actually happened. And if the military really wanted to cover it up, those bodies would never have been found and those files would have disappeared if they had something to hide. If the military was conducting experiments then the flying balls of light may have been just experimental aircraft by the Soviet Union during the Cold War. But if thats the secret then they wouldn't have left the bodies to be found because if the government was conducting secret experiments in that area, the only reason I could think of to leave the bodies to be found was because they didn't want an extensive search conducted in the area lasting for months for fear of finding some government secret. But the area is so large I don't see ay reason for doing that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/17/2011 19:14:36

InGenCorp

Multicellular

Occam's razor, mate. Given the state of Soviet technology - remember, this is the same government that built roofless tanks and submarines, that, in the event of a fire, would fill with Carbon Dioxide - it's unlikely that they had anything amazing, and, even if they did, it would kind of have to be a vulture-attracting avalanche-machine that produces orange flying orbs that nobody involved remembers to mention, but other people are implanted with the knowledge of said orbs years later and helpfully add them into the story, for it to fit what appears to have happened.

Because, otherwise, what you have is people suffering from hypothermia, getting hit by an avalanche, dying, laying out in the open for a while, and one of them getting picked over by a scavenger. Add to that a significant serving of BS after-the-fact, and you've got the whole picture.

SporeMasterSlyth33

Civilized Sporeon

I saw one (or a very similar plane) in flight once over central Illinois. Never seen one before or since, but exotic aircraft do occasionally get tested and then denied by the US and other governments. Even other military men aren't "in the know" about it and may mis-identify it.

UFO sightings spiked during the test flight period of the B2 Spirit because nobody had ever seen anything like it.

InGenCorp

Multicellular

Yes, but given that all reports of strange lights in the sky associated with the Dyatlov Pass incident were added in years after the actual incident, that's unlikely to have anything to do with this incident.

Takua01

MouthBreather

Couldar wrote:
Takua01 wrote:All I'm going to say is that it would be nonsense to say that they don't exist (after all, we did find that we weren't the center of the universe a few hundred years ago), but wether or nor they visited Earth is still up for questioning. I just fail to see how humans alone could have come up with the ideas behind the modern rocket. And the time frame of its creation; WWII. We had still just learned how to build airplanes only a few years earlier, and already we're building spacecraft? Doesn't add up if you ask me..

Again...argument from ignorance doesn't make anything else more likely...

This is the problem with human egoism I have been trying to explain. You find it hard to believe so it must be something else....
The ideas behind the "modern rocket" wasn't a solitary poof into existence idea. Try looking up the history of rockets, goes back beyond the discovery of gunpowder. The idea of propelling an object through space started when the first rock was thrown.

Just learned to build airplanes a few years prior? Really? Ever hear of Da Vinci? Even without powered airplane flight you can still get to space.

He never tested it...

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
InGenCorp

Multicellular

The idea was still there, along with hundreds of years of other ideas, many of which were tested.

Slyth33

GalacticGod

The Apollo program wasn't exactly that innovative, they took a tiny space pod and strapped it to the tip of the biggest missile they could afford. They then pointed said missile at the moon and pulled the trigger.

Obviously there's some guidance and life support systems that had to be designed, but there's no massive leap in technology there, just pushing the limits of human daring.

The basic concept of an airplane is centuries old, it just took a long time to discover/design materials light and strong enough to build one. The idea of an aerodynamic missile with stabilizing fins is older than writing, we've been shooting eachother with arrows for millenia.

If aliens had given us that technology I'd expect it to be more functional and less Dear-god-what-am-I-doing during development.

Jokie155

Spacefaring Sporeling

Ignore the post count, it is very incorrect.

Oh, I was gonna say 'Watch Stargate, absorb fictional history from it, revisit this thread', but the topic seems to have changed. Oh well.

InGenCorp

Multicellular

Slyth33 wrote:The Apollo program wasn't exactly that innovative, they took a tiny space pod and strapped it to the tip of the biggest missile they could afford. They then pointed said missile at the moon and pulled the trigger.

Obviously there's some guidance and life support systems that had to be designed, but there's no massive leap in technology there, just pushing the limits of human daring.

The basic concept of an airplane is centuries old, it just took a long time to discover/design materials light and strong enough to build one. The idea of an aerodynamic missile with stabilizing fins is older than writing, we've been shooting eachother with arrows for millenia.

If aliens had given us that technology I'd expect it to be more functional and less Dear-god-what-am-I-doing during development.

Agreed. If aliens were involved, the entire history of Soviet military technology wouldn't have happened. (Barring maybe successes like Sputnik)

Telimek

Microbe

true believers are funny.

First, understand the vastness that is space.

Second, have you ever disguised yourself to ants and teach them how to built ant hills?

To an alien specie that have the technology for interstellar travel with life on-board, modern humans with our current technologies would still be like how ants are to us...

hell did the Europeans disguised themselves as Native Americans when they first came to the new world?

To think a specie with that level of technological advancement would go through that type of trouble for some funny looking apes, is just typical egotistical human vanity.
Beastmaster7700

Multicellular

DeviantArt:http://sean7700.deviantart.com/
Taming your wildest dreams Go to http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Beastmaster7700 for my sporepage
mtsloud

Civilized Sporeon

Beastmaster7700 wrote:

What he said^

SporeMasterSlyth33

Civilized Sporeon

Do not revive threads for no reason.

Forum Index » Science and Spore
Go to: