The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
"You may have multiple Spore accounts for each installation of the game" - NOT  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
heints

Microbe

The game manual clearly states that after installation and online registration we are able to have multiple accounts per installation.

However this is not the case, nobody is allowed to have more than one single account per installation. This is a HUGE problem for people and families that share one computer.

EA has yet to address this problem. We need to speak until they fix this problem.
syneris

Microbe

We just got new forums. It's possible they are still working on subaccounts for serial keys.
qbix0mat

Microbe

Just for ur notice, I experienced the same. My girlfriend was able to set up an own EA account via Spore(TM), but can't login into her account. We installed Spore on my PC and on her LapTop. She has to play via my account now. It's nothing to worry about, not even for me ^^ but I appreciate at least 2 or 3 accounts avaiable per key.

[WWW] [ICQ]
hobojohnson

Microbe

qbix0mat wrote:Just for ur notice, I experienced the same. My girlfriend was able to set up an own EA account via Spore(TM), but can't login into her account. We installed Spore on my PC and on her LapTop. She has to play via my account now. It's nothing to worry about, not even for me ^^ but I appreciate at least 2 or 3 accounts avaiable per key.

Can you just setup a ea account and use that to login? I installed the game on my girlfriends laptop but logged in with my account then when she went to play there isn't an option to register again, at least not that I saw. I did install on my desktop but haven't started playing on that yet (*** driver issue!!!!) but once I get that going I guess I can have her register there but then I'm assuming we will have the same problem !!!! I guess it's no big deal since you can start up multiple games but it's nice to have separate accounts! Hope this gets fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yabba!!!!!
saeverette

Microbe

I hope they plan on resolving this issue. And I hope they do so quickly. I have not purchased Spore yet, and I will not until multiple accounts are enabled. I decided that I could live with the DRM, but this is a deal-breaker for me.
ethangio

Microbe

I agree. I mean how long ago did Blizzard figure out how to do this with Battle.Net? Is it that hard to associate the registration key with multiple accounts and detect multiple simultaneous login??

Gimme a break. I got this game for myself, my wife and my son and you're telling me we can't individually track our achievements and creations?

EA/Maxis...please fix this game-breaking issue!
heints

Microbe

BUMP
EA_Violet

Microbe

heints wrote:The game manual clearly states that after installation and online registration we are able to have multiple accounts per installation.

However this is not the case, nobody is allowed to have more than one single account per installation.

That section in the manual was a misprint and will be corrected in future printings of the manual. There is one Spore registration/account per game/serial code so you are correct in that you cannot make multiple accounts at this time. I have sent your guys' feedback to the game team though since I can understand the desire to share a game on a system that you entire family uses.

~Violet

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/09/2008 17:42:59

Cysgodi

Multicellular

ethangio wrote:I agree. I mean how long ago did Blizzard figure out how to do this with Battle.Net? Is it that hard to associate the registration key with multiple accounts and detect multiple simultaneous login??

Gimme a break. I got this game for myself, my wife and my son and you're telling me we can't individually track our achievements and creations?

EA/Maxis...please fix this game-breaking issue!

Well you are talking about tracking digital signatures, so it's a bit more complex than screwing in a light bulb

Be that as it may, yes we definitely need to be able to have multiple account logins for one install.
Cysgodi

Multicellular

eaviolet wrote:
heints wrote:The game manual clearly states that after installation and online registration we are able to have multiple accounts per installation.

However this is not the case, nobody is allowed to have more than one single account per installation.

That section in the manual was a misprint and will be corrected in future printings of the manual. There is one Spore registration/account per game/serial code so you are correct in that you cannot make multiple accounts at this time. I have sent your guys' feedback to the game team though since I can understand the desire to share a game on a system that you entire family uses.

~Violet

O my.....ouch.

Err, I'm sorry but words fail me. Can you let us know as to why that decision was made? This is very limiting to say the least.

saeverette

Microbe

eaviolet wrote:That section in the manual was a misprint and will be corrected in future printings of the manual. There is one Spore registration/account per game/serial code so you are correct in that you cannot make multiple accounts at this time. I have sent your guys' feedback to the game team though since I can understand the desire to share a game on a system that you entire family uses.

Thanks for the response Violet. I'll check the forums periodically to see if the "team" comes through. I would hate for my wife and I to miss out on all the Spore fun.

heints

Microbe

eaviolet wrote:

~Violet

Sorry but I don't take this serious issue as a simple MISPRINT.

1. The packaging within my copy of spore, inside and out, said nothing about one single account per installation.

***Pg. 3 informs: "Internet connection, online authentication, and end user license agreement required to play. To access online features, you must register online with the provided serial code. Only one REGISTRATION available per game."

Ok so my copy of Spore was apparently authenticated and registered when my daughter signed in and started playing. She has no problem using her account. The above statement states nothing about one account per installation, it states only one registration per game.

2. My manual informs that we can have multiple accounts per installation.

***Pg. 52 notes: "You man have multiple Spore accounts for each installation of the game."

This is not a misprint, this is a guarantee within my purchased copy of the game!!! As advertised I should be able to have at least two accounts active on a single installation. EA simply messed this up and now you are calling your failure a simple misprint. NOT GOING TO WORK.

Tell me EA, am I going to have to buy another gaming machine - spend a few thousand - so I can play on my Spore account. It's not even possible, in any present circumstance, to use one PC to run two Spore accounts. There is no capability presented by EA to actually succeed in doing so.

I expect EA to fix this problem, NOW, or this will become a much bigger deal.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/09/2008 18:17:55

itsmoirob

Microbe

+1

"Having a misprint" is not a great answer. What was the actual wording suppose to be? "You may NOT have multiple Spore accounts for each installation of the game"?

Allowing multiple accounts for Creature Creator and a single account for the full game is bad practise. There is no way I am going to pay for the full price of a second game and install a second instance of Spore on my computer.

There is also a second thread trying to get EA to permit at least 2 registrations per game
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?messageID=4174735�

As I mentioned in that thread I'd be happy to buy a second license from EA if only it came at a reasonable cost, say about €5~€10
valmiki

Microbe

Misprint? Perhaps the head of your legal department should be looking for a new job? This is NOT a misprint, this is breach of contract or at least false advertising. Either way...it is BS.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: