The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Dreaded CRC Error -- For the Spore programming team  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Cavhog

Microbe

Good afternoon all,
I just got off the phone with a very helpful and knowledgeable customer support tech (despite what I've heard about in the past), who unfortunately, was UNABLE TO HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

Alas, though all attempts at getting my Direct2Drive version of Spore to install correctly were made, the end result was the same. "CRC error: The file F:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data\Spore_Audio2.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor."

We tried:
1) Disabling firewall and antivirus
2) Disabling background processes
3) Booting to a "clean" Vista 32 boot
4) Deleting game cache in EADM and installation
5) Redownloading (3 hour long process!!!)
6) Installing with Adminstrator access

Every attempt failed. So, at this point, I am going to have to try to see if a physical copy of the game will install correctly. Once I've purchased the game (AGAIN), I'll call back and have EA refund my money for the Direct2Drive version.

Programming Team - the problem as I see it is this. The package files for the installation process are 1 GIG in size. That's huge ... no matter what kind of internet connection one has. If there is a problem in a 1 GIG package file transfer, that means the CRC process has to conduct a 1 GIG file correction!! There is a simple solution -- make the transfer packages *small*, no matter how many you have to transfer. That way, when a file transfer hiccup occurs, the file correction doesn't have to work so hard.

Best to all,

SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

This may sound silly--did you try installing on c:, to c: ? Assuming your O/S is on C: .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/24/2008 22:35:41

Cavhog

Microbe

Yes and yes and no. Installs to my O/S's drive and also to my much larger data drive.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

I was checking because I know there have been some problems with default driver location being an issue, sorry that was not a solution for you.

Cheeseyx

Microbe

I am having the same problem with my physical copy of it, on a disk. I just recently got a new graphics card and a new power supply to power the graphics card, and when installing Spore, I get CRC errors like:
"CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\EA Help\Da\autorun.htm doesn't match the file in setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor."
"CRC error: The file F:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data\Spore_Audio2.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor."
Should I just hit ignore on all of them, or is there a way I can fix it?
Riael2

Microbe

i get crc errors on everything in EAhelp
at the end of instalationg after i ignore all guess what happens!!!! crc error: Spore.exe is corupted or whatever and etcetc!
how can i install and play? pleaseeeee
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

Try copying the disc's contents into a location in the hard drive, then right click setup.exe (on the hard drive) and select run as administrator.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/23/2010 10:34:34

VLADISLAV! BABY DON'T HURT ME DON'T HURT ME NO MORE
[url=http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf]/url]
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: