The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Dr. Pepper parts unsupported install path issue  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Author Message
MaxisCactus


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/05/2008 20:28:29
Messages: 2826
Offline

Players who are getting the Dr. Pepper parts pack should be aware that the following install path is unsupported.

The install path: Spore game > Dr Pepper Parts > GA is not supported.

If you follow this unsupported path:

• Each time you log into GA, you will be prompted to patch to 5.1, which you cannot do. You are able to ignore this message and play
• GA will still be fully functional minus asymmetry

To fix this issue, please complete the following steps:
1. Uninstall Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures
2. Re-install Spore
3. Re-install Spore Galactic Adventures
4. Return to this page to install the Spore Bot Parts Pack.

Note: This issue should not affect most players. This is only an issue for players who install GA AFTER installing the Dr Pepper Bots parts pack

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/08/2010 20:40:08

[WWW]
seanorib


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/20/2009 03:30:37
Messages: 1262
Location:
Why?

Offline

So, you can't use the robot parts in GA?

itsglenn


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 12/21/2008 15:31:42
Messages: 2801
Offline

I would rather not uninstall the games...I got my monster save file and a few to be published adventures in the works...I guess this is gonna have to wait

cole01


Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 07/24/2009 23:01:23
Messages: 6936
Location:
Hell, see you in a week!

Offline

why dont they just get rid of the mech parts!

You cannot cheat the future, and you cannot change the past, so enjoy the ride while it lasts.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Delta317


MouthBreather

Joined: 07/22/2009 08:12:59
Messages: 666
Location:
Under your chair, slowly reaching out towards your ankle...

Offline

seanorib wrote:So, you can't use the robot parts in GA?


Actually I think it means that installing GA after installing the robot parts will glitch your game.


Apparently, if you already have GA, there's not a problem.

omgimonfire


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 11/26/2008 19:57:30
Messages: 1007
Location:
On a laptop.

Offline

MaxisCactus,would you please answer the questions in the GD thread you made about these parts?

Awesome sigs by Delta317.RLS banner by me.
.
serban25


Multicellular

Joined: 01/27/2009 03:58:59
Messages: 156
Location:
Canada

Offline

Reinstall? AT LEAST THE DAM US GETS THEM! What about Germany Canada Bulgaria Romania Mexico. EA Doesn't care about any of them!

Grox Grox Grox!
Orange_Kirby555


MouthBreather

Joined: 07/22/2009 00:56:09
Messages: 966
Location:
Repeatedly saying Macbeth and watching the explosions in the distance.

Offline

serban25 wrote:Reinstall? AT LEAST THE DAM US GETS THEM! What about Germany Canada Bulgaria Romania Mexico. EA Doesn't care about any of them!
Correction, Dr.Pepper doesn't care.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/2010 22:17:47



Feed my little Pets! They need to level up!
Zinxio


Microbe

Joined: 02/27/2009 00:44:55
Messages: 28
Location:
Illinois

Offline

Orange_Kirby555 wrote:
serban25 wrote:Reinstall? AT LEAST THE DAM US GETS THEM! What about Germany Canada Bulgaria Romania Mexico. EA Doesn't care about any of them!
Correction, Dr.Pepper doesn't care.


They love us... I'd like to thank you EA/Dr. Pepper, for making great games, great soda, and loving me and all the americans more than everyone else...

Zinxio: Hi I'm Zinxio and i'm addicted to Spore.
Everyone: Hi Zinxio...



[WWW]
Zinxio


Microbe

Joined: 02/27/2009 00:44:55
Messages: 28
Location:
Illinois

Offline

MaxisCactus, What parts of assymetry will not work? Making creatures with assymetry, or playing the game with assymetric creatures? and will you great people at maxis make a patch that will fix the assymetry problem altogether?

Zinxio: Hi I'm Zinxio and i'm addicted to Spore.
Everyone: Hi Zinxio...



[WWW]
Zinxio


Microbe

Joined: 02/27/2009 00:44:55
Messages: 28
Location:
Illinois

Offline

itsglenn wrote:I would rather not uninstall the games...I got my monster save file and a few to be published adventures in the works...I guess this is gonna have to wait


Just back up your saves... That should work...

Zinxio: Hi I'm Zinxio and i'm addicted to Spore.
Everyone: Hi Zinxio...



[WWW]
greenpetking


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 12/06/2008 13:43:04
Messages: 2221
Offline

so if i already have GA the assmetry won't work or if i get it later it won't work

MaxisCactus


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/05/2008 20:28:29
Messages: 2826
Offline

To clarify, the only issue is that if you install Galactic Adventures after installing the Bot Parts Pack, you will run into some issues including asymmetry not working.

Unsupported install path (will result in bugs):
Spore >> Bots parts pack >> Galactic Adventures

Supported install path:
Spore >> Galactic Adventures >> Bots parts pack

This should not be an issue for most users, because most people will likely install GA before installing the Dr Pepper parts pack.

If you already have GA, and then you install the Bots parts pack, you're golden. Your game should work fine, and there should be no issues with asymmetry.


[WWW]
thebrichasouras


Microbe

Joined: 11/29/2008 20:36:11
Messages: 65
Location:
In a house... Duh.

Offline

MaxisCactus wrote:To clarify, the only issue is that if you install Galactic Adventures after installing the Bot Parts Pack, you will run into some issues including asymmetry not working.

Unsupported install path (will result in bugs):
Spore >> Bots parts pack >> Galactic Adventures

Supported install path:
Spore >> Galactic Adventures >> Bots parts pack

This should not be an issue for most users, because most people will likely install GA before installing the Dr Pepper parts pack.

If you already have GA, and then you install the Bots parts pack, you're golden. Your game should work fine, and there should be no issues with asymmetry.



cool, but is there certain stores to go to to get it, or is it seeded everywhere?

[Email] [Yahoo!]
Willie5000


Multicellular

Joined: 08/03/2009 02:16:28
Messages: 219
Location:
Grandma Herschel's World Famous Taffy Factory.

Offline

Uhh... How the hell do you install these parts?



 
Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2016-08-15 15:16:49 ) JForum Team