The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

DNA ID Card Challenge (MOVED)  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
odDballL

Multicellular

I have moved this to A Hero's Welcome Challenge.

This message was edited 14 times. Last update was at 03/11/2010 17:20:00

[WWW]
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

Linked to the DNA Challenge!

Great!!

I have to go offline now.. work starts early in the morning.

I hope I find the time to make my own ID card tomorrow!

[WWW]
die876

Microbe

i've made one
btw nice idea

odDballL

Multicellular

die876 wrote:i've made one
btw nice idea

I must have forgotten to ask that you post the link here.

[WWW]
odDballL

Multicellular

odDballL wrote:
die876 wrote:i've made one
btw nice idea

I must have forgotten to ask that you post the link here.

I found your submission and regret to inform you that it has been rejected for addition to the DNA ID Card Sporecast for not adhering to the rules of the challenge. Only the Grey areas of the template may be modified with you username DNA design. All other parts of the DNA ID Card must remain as it is. The reason for this is to maintain the framework of the design and the origination of the Creature DNA Card Challenge. These 2 challenges were meant to be departmentalized due to the Creature DNA Card Challenge run DeKDeS and the DNA ID Card conceived by me. It was TheUberGuy who made the second after mine and it was the way that he had done his first that determined the rules of the challenge. Yes I know you want to design the rest but that is not the purpose of this challenge (not a contest).

If you would like to re-submit you will need to start with the template. Remember the Lineage is part of the challenge and must look as it is stated according to the challenge rules. Thank you and enjoy.

[WWW]
odDballL

Multicellular

As DeKDeS uses DNA cards that he designed for the Creature DNA Card Challenge, I thought it would be cool for players of that challenge as well as an addition to the challenge, could design a DNA ID Card that at some time might find its way into some other challenge. If you have seen the DNA Cards that DeKDeS designed for his challenge, here of course is how yours will look. Partly designed by you of course but in the framework of how they will be used next.

In order, odDballL, TheUberGuy
(once I know how to make images linkable then I will do so)

Remember, this DNA ID Card is to represent you the user-player. I had in mind to do an additional for Creature Empire DNA ID Card as they will be needed to. I suppose there is no time like the present to kick that off. At the moment lets just say we hold on that as I may expand the limitations on what can be changed on the card for the Creature Empire DNA ID Cards.

[WWW]
DeKDeS

MouthBreather

odDballL wrote:
(once I know how to make images linkable then I will do so)

Go to the sporepedia and click on the creation so that you see the bigger image.
Now with your mouse RIGHT CLICK on your creation and choose "Copy Image Location" from the menu that will pop up when right clicking the mouse:

Now we have your creation image link that is :

http://static.spore.com/static/image/500/451/272/500451272289_lrg.png

Now I select the text of the above link till all text of that link is selected, and then I click on the "Img" button and i get:

If I then select the whole text again including the tags, and then click on the "URL" button, then you are looking at this:

Now the only thing that is left to link the image is to change the first tag to

After the '=' sign you paste the link to the creature on the sporepedia which in your case is:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-TheUberGuy|500398500077%3Asast-500451272289

do this and in writing your message the whole thing now would look like this:

and for the viewer result in a linked image, that people can see and then click to go to the creation:

Got it?

[WWW]
odDballL

Multicellular

Thanks for the help DeKDeS, finally getting the hang of this coding thing I still have a lot of old school knowledge so the coding and thee BB Coding is something I am still getting the hang of.

[WWW]
Zyborg22

Microbe

There are a couple of references to the A Hero's Welcome challenge in the OP. What is that? I tried searching for "A Hero's Welcome", but didn't get anything that looked relevant.

Also, it sounds like we're making one based on ourselves and not any creature we have. Is this correct?
odDballL

Multicellular

Zyborg22 wrote:There are a couple of references to the A Hero's Welcome challenge in the OP. What is that? I tried searching for "A Hero's Welcome", but didn't get anything that looked relevant.

Also, it sounds like we're making one based on ourselves and not any creature we have. Is this correct?

Yes, this challenge is for making one for your Spore User Name.

The link to A Hero's Welcome Challenge is found within the Announcement

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/27/2009 00:18:20

[WWW]
odDballL

Multicellular

Closing and Moving this topic. Refer to OP for link.

Requesting Lock.

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: